Jump to content

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wanda, if any?


Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wanda, if any?  

97 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like to see changes to Wanda?

    • No, the character is perfect already
    • No, the character is fine as is
    • Yes, but only some QoL changes
    • Yes, some new mechanics would be nice
    • Yes, and I would love to see a full rework
  2. 2. Wanda changes:

    • [QoL] A way to name backtrek watches
    • [QoL] Backtrek watches in inventory show on map where you will teleport (not just on ground)
    • [Balance] Alarming clock doing less damage by default, but higher ramping when old
    • [New] Wanda's shadow magic proficiency effected all magic weapons, IE Thulecite Clubs (+shadow tentacles) and BatBats
    • [Art] Backtrek watch skins
    • [Balance] Wanda needs a new interesting disadvantage
    • I don't like any of the above options
    • Something else (comment below)


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Knock that damage down to 50% more and im fine

so she becomes walter tier, nice glass cannon.... just make her have less hp for those "never died" players or dont use night armor, anyways is a pain to craft without mods forcing reed traps or cheesing 2348724726 shadow pieces so a cheaper armor can also make the experience harder, also you can use dark sword for melee range (which imo should be the higher damage weapon she can use instead of AC)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so she becomes walter tier, nice glass cannon.... just make her have less hp for those "never died" players or dont use night armor, anyways is a pain to craft without mods forcing reed traps or cheesing 2348724726 shadow pieces so a cheaper armor can also make the experience harder, also you can use dark sword for melee range (which imo should be the higher damage weapon she can use instead of AC)

???

25% less damage and suddenly shes comparable to what is often argued as the worst non wes character in the game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

???

25% less damage and suddenly shes comparable to what is often argued as the worst non wes character in the game?

why she needs to be comparable to worst non wes characters? are wanda beating you in top lane? should klei limit their creativity with dlc characters for some unrealistic balance? i legit dont understand your comment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Saving a few living logs here and there isn't exactly amazing. It's also forcing you to farm nmf for your weapon while wolf can use whatever he wants.

He can only do similar damage to Wanda with a dark sword tho. Of course she needs to be old, but it's not that hard to achieve, she'll eventually get old while Wolfgang needs to train to be mighty, which will consume more time than going passively to your damage boost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why she needs to be comparable to worst non wes characters? are wanda beating you in top lane? should klei limit their creativity with dlc characters for some unrealistic balance? i legit dont understand your comment

Are..

are you having a stroke sir? I do not understand.

YOU said she would be walter tier if she had 150% damage instead of 175. Walter is often considered the worst non challenge character, implying she would be ruined as a character if she just had a weaker damage boost.  
 

also i assume you’re implying im mad that wandas are outspeedrunninf me or something. My response to that is: i dont speedrun. I just believe that characters shouldnt be overly strong compared to other characters, even in a co-op game. Balance exists in all games competitive or not, it shouldn’t be something they’re too concerned about, but doing damage similar to the character whose main perk is “im the dps” is a little much in addition to all of her other abilities. 
 

Klei can decide for themselves whether to listen. Its their game.

im still entitled to have an opinion on the matter though.

so in MY OPINION: wanda has a lot of advantages without any strong disadvantages. To make her not stand out so much as an extremely strong character i believe it would be good if she recieved a small nerf of some kind. Maybe 160 or even 165. Im not too concerned about the details, i just think she’s got a lot of powers without having the drawbacks to match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rafi. said:

He can only do similar damage to Wanda with a dark sword tho. Of course she needs to be old, but it's not that hard to achieve, she'll eventually get old while Wolfgang needs to train to be mighty, which will consume more time than going passively to your damage boost.

His damage boost is larger. His ham bat is equal to Wanda's shadow magic. Lifting weights takes like literally 5 seconds, his superior damage more than makes up for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

“you’re not good enough so you dont realise how not that good she is” 

That's just plain truth though. You have stated multiple times on forums that you don't play efficiently so it probably isn't that you aren't good enough, its just not your playstyle, but if you don't want to craft the best armor and weapons in the game and for that reason you think she's overpowered because you use her weapon but won't use other meta choices when you play other characters, that is kind of on you.

 

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

okay to start with. Healing does take time to gather, even with very effective methods like perogis, it’s resources you dont have to gather at all. As a result, as much of a potential downside for really difficult bossfights it could be, it removes any and all need to gather healing. Which IS a major upside.

 

By fighting and playing, you gather more then enough healing if you can kite well, how much healing do you even use anyway? It is mostly gathered for boss fights as otherwise you'd be able to heal small amounts of health just from butterflies. Honestly the only reason ageless watch is good for her is because it gives the exact amount of healing every time so you know when to use it to stay at the age you want and because she can only have such low health for her full damage.

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

also, yes. If the downside can be turned off by the first winter, it doesnt really exist. Its not dangerous to get a bunch of thulecite fragments from the ancient archives, nor is it all that time consuming. Honestly the red gems are harder and they can come from a graveyard. Two is also plenty for day to day use, dismante them or put them in a chest, your inability to manage your inventory doesnt make it a downside. And if you’re really worried, just dont go gather thulecite, three timeless and a backstep is plenty for most uses, just get a hambat like a normal character. 

While Wolfgang doesn't need to wait for winter or go to ruins, he can just make a hambat and if you do a boss speedrun, he's faster then her but they are pretty close in speed, only thing she has is many tools that look like they are overpowered and backtrek watches that you may need multiple years to gather enough when it is really too strong If you have a 1 mac tusk world and 6-8 players, good luck getting any tusks for watches.

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

finally, the reason i specified it wasnt a downside, is it is mechanically changed, but comes with as many upsides as downsides. Anything not immediately lethal is completely free to recover from, even at one watch, it will just take time. The only bosses i can think of that can need  a large amount of healing in one burst, which isnt just trivialized by the backstep watch is the celestial champion, and the bee queen. Admittedly im not sure what the solution is for the bee queen, but i know that at the very least you dont have to hug the celestial champion like on other characters, so at least you have a head start. 

Every character needs a buffer instead of being 1 hit by anything in the game. No one would want to play a character that can be killed in 1 hit and it would feel completely unfair when every other character is able to tank much more. I don't think that anyone is focused 100% on the game over 3-5 hours of playing, you will have a situation where you are distracted, does that mean that you should die? What kind of a late game character would she be.

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

I never claimed healing was difficult, but not needing to worry about it completely is still pretty big.

I would be completely fine with it if healing was changed, allow her ageless watch to stockpile all the healing foods and items you eat or something but let it be used as fast as it would take when you eat foods. This  would actually be a buff for her, as i have so much healing food while the only reason i can die as her is when i am unable to heal in time as the animation is quite long.

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

wolfgang close to tying with her on speedruns is a point in MY favor btw. If their numbers are anywhere similar then the question comes up “why is she as good as wolfgang with twice as many positives” 

Twice as many positives? you are not looking at her negatives like being at such low health that she gets backstep watch, you are just thinking there are iframes that wolfgang doesn't have while he is at 200-300 health when mighty and Wanda at 35 health doesn't need it.

If she is played on a multiplayer server and not a solo world, it takes literal ingame years to get tusks.

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Simultaneously.

and this is an important bit, try to pay attention this time. She isnt broken, or “op”.

 

38 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

A little. Knock that damage down to 50% more and im fine. I dont mind strong characters, but shes the best by a decent margin with a lot of utility and VERY strong combat power. Being a glass cannon is cool, but shes got wickerbottom level utility, so she shouldn’t be one of the  best combat characters.

You are going to say that she isn't broken or overpowered yet ask for 50% damage nerf, this looks like a joke to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

His damage boost is larger. His ham bat is equal to Wanda's shadow magic. Lifting weights takes like literally 5 seconds, his superior damage more than makes up for it.

A hambat doesn't reach 125 damage. Which is highly effective very early, to be able to two shots pigs and one shot splumonkeys. The hambat doesn't even come close to the 142.8 damage that the alarming clock can deal. While of course for Wolfgang can lift for 5 seconds, he needs to do that often and only for that benefit, while doing a little ruin rush not even an optimal one with Wanda at the start of autumn, you can get a good part of the ruin loot and have multiples watches + alarming clock and that, for the rest of your days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rafi. said:

A hambat doesn't reach 125 damage. Which is highly effective very early, to be able to two shots pigs and one shot splumonkeys. The hambat doesn't even come close to the 142.8 damage that the alarming clock can deal. While of course for Wolfgang can lift for 5 seconds, he needs to do that often and only for that benefit, while doing a little ruin rush not even an optimal one with Wanda at the start of autumn, you can get a good part of the ruin loot and have multiples watches + alarming clock and that, for the rest of your days.

Splumonkeys are never a problem if you are paying attention to nightmare cycle signs.

Alarming clock has a slower attack speed compared to other weapons.

Wanda will always need to be at 35 health for this damage while all other characters will have much more buffer room for tanking and can use cheaper armor options while on Wanda you either use night armor or thulecite crowns for boss fights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that Wanda should receive some sort of damage nerf when she is young. Keep her current stats the same for mid-age and old, but make it so when you’re playing “safe” as Wanda that you are given a disadvantage for playing safe on the “high-risk” character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Splumonkeys are never a problem if you are paying attention to nightmare cycle signs.

Alarming clock has a slower attack speed compared to other weapons.

Wanda will always need to be at 35 health for this damage while all other characters will have much more buffer room for tanking and can use cheaper armor options while on Wanda you either use night armor or thulecite crowns for boss fights.

Never said that splumonkeys are a problem, while being able to get one shot, they're a very potent source of NF and food. Which makes Wanda able to gather NF very fast early on, to fuel her weapon, other gears such as a Magiluminescence and provide NF for her team.

The slower attack speed is so little that it only affect very tanky mobs such as bosses and even here I'm pretty sure Wanda can finish boss faster than Wolfgang.

There's less than 10 actual fightables enemies that does more than 80 damage, or in other words, that can two shots Wanda with armor as simple as a football helmet on while at 35hp. (and that if we say that she doesn't use her watch, which will of course be used during the fight, and not only one, maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe even more, and that, multiple times during the fight.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Rafi. said:

A hambat doesn't reach 125 damage. Which is highly effective very early, to be able to two shots pigs and one shot splumonkeys. The hambat doesn't even come close to the 142.8 damage that the alarming clock can deal. While of course for Wolfgang can lift for 5 seconds, he needs to do that often and only for that benefit, while doing a little ruin rush not even an optimal one with Wanda at the start of autumn, you can get a good part of the ruin loot and have multiples watches + alarming clock and that, for the rest of your days.

If they gave Wolfgang a dumbbell that did 143 damage after a 30 second windup would you say he's outdamaging Wanda then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Copyafriend said:

???

25% less damage and suddenly shes comparable to what is often argued as the worst non wes character in the game?

in what world is walter considered the worst non wes character

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rafi. said:

Never said that splumonkeys are a problem, while being able to get one shot, they're a very potent source of NF and food. Which makes Wanda able to gather NF very fast early on, to fuel her weapon, other gears such as a Magiluminescence and provide NF for her team.
 

They are actually a pretty terrible source of nightmare fuel, unless you build a setup for them and use catapults or houndius. I can gather a stack and a half of nightmare fuel every crycle from nightmare lights in ruins on my current world while even if i killed most of the monkies i'll get much less.

11 minutes ago, Rafi. said:

There's less than 10 actual fightables enemies that does more than 80 damage, or in other words, that can two shots Wanda with armor as simple as a football helmet on while at 35hp. (and that if we say that she doesn't use her watch, which will of course be used during the fight, and not only one, maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe even more, and that, multiple times during the fight.)

This just shows that you never play Wanda, you don't stay at 35 health all the time, she ages 1 year per 40 seconds and that makes a variable where you stay between 15-35 health if you want to be old all the time for consistent damage in fights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

If they gave Wolfgang a dumbbell that did 143 damage after a 30 second windup would you say he's outdamaging Wanda then?

Depends on the context, same durability (96 uses), basic attack speed on a tanky mob that can hit Wanda at max AC range ? Of course, if Wolgang fully tank and never dodge a tanky mob with a classic range, maybe. Otherwise no, and you might not know, but that extra range that Wanda get is very useful, way more than you might think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2022 at 11:39 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Her alarming clock shouldn't have been made in the first place, just making her old wanda deal 2x damage and without sanity penalty with a dark sword would have been enough.

I’m legitimately shocked Wanda’s weapon wasn’t a concept for boss tier weapons, as it legitimately feels like it could have been one. Like for the shadow pieces…

At least the shield of terror is a neat item that everyone can get, even if it’s much later then the alarming clock and will actually break if it hits 0%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

the world of youtube dst tier lists

I will now make 1000 youtube accounts
10 of which will have several dst videos and will have a tierlist video that have slight changes i will get the 1000 alt accounts to subscribe to those 10 channels and watch all their videos
by doing this they will seem like they have a large following which then  i myself will spread the videos on klei's discord and other places allowing for one or 2 to gain even more views which will change everyone's opinion to mine with the use of propaganda
If anyone were to argue against my points i would get all the alts to dog pile on them so that they're laughed at and erased
In the end everyone will have the same opinions as me and if they don't they are erased from existence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Maxil20 said:

At least the shield of terror is a neat item that everyone can get, even if it’s much later then the alarming clock and will actually break if it hits 0%.

not to mention the triple whammy of having somewhat low dura, losing it on hit and losing it on attack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

They are actually a pretty terrible source of nightmare fuel, unless you build a setup for them and use catapults or houndius. I can gather a stack and a half of nightmare fuel every crycle from nightmare lights in ruins on my current world while even if i killed most of the monkies i'll get much less.

This just shows that you never play Wanda, you don't stay at 35 health all the time, she ages 1 year per 40 seconds and that makes a variable where you stay between 15-35 health if you want to be old all the time for consistent damage in fights.

You're right, I didn't even talked about how she can absolutely destroy nightmare creatures at all times and without risks due to the range of the AC, I almost forgor. Even more NF for the team.

Yeah... I never play her... I'm absolutely not that guy that fully plays a character for almost 1000 days... (yeah, never been a fan of character swapping.) and here it's only one game. I'm trying to be respectful but I don't like the way you assume incorrect things. 
(Sorry for the censor, I did it because I use usernames of who I play with to know which game is which.)

ok.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rafi. said:

Yeah... I never play her... I'm absolutely not that guy that fully plays a character for almost 1000 days... (yeah, never been a fan of character swapping.) and here it's only one game. I'm trying to be respectful but I don't like the way you assume incorrect things. 
(Sorry for the censor, I did it because I use usernames of who I play with to know which game is which.)

That was kind of wrong of me to assume but what i know is that you don't play her at full potential all the time, which is when she is old and i almost always stay old on her.

The point is you can't survive from as many creatures with only 15 health and football helmet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

That was kind of wrong of me to assume but what i know is that you don't play her at full potential all the time, which is when she is old and feels a bit strange that after that many days on her, you don't know that you need to be at 15 health to use ageless watch and stay old.

I actually do, when she hits 73 that's when you use the watch, that's pretty basic knowledge. But while I'm not fighting, I don't have any reason to be old, I can just stay around being middle aged shifting between 57 and 65 and be able to craft at a normal rate, and use hammer at a normal efficiency. Not doing that would be, not optimal on the long run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rafi. said:

I actually do, when she hits 73 that's when you use the watch, that's pretty basic knowledge. But while I'm not fighting, I don't have any reason to be old, I can just stay around being middle aged shifting between 57 and 65 and be able to craft at a normal rate, and use hammer at a normal efficiency. Not doing that would be, not optimal on the long run.

Yes but you mentioned earlier how she can survive most of the creatures from being killed in 1 hit with 35 health but when you are fighting you aren't always staying at 35 health, it can go as low as 15.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 00petar00 said:

Yes but you mentioned earlier how she can survive most of the creatures from being killed in 1 hit with 35 health but when you are fighting you aren't always staying at 35 health, it can go as low as 15.

That's where the damage cancelling thingy comes in handy, very hard to get the hand of if you don't use your keyboard to use items in your inventory. And well, I was talking about a situation where you only use football helmets or log suits, with a little ruin rush or just farming a good chunk of NF, you can have better armor early on, that protects you from all the danger that we just talked about since they protect you even better. (let's not forget that the backstep watch should be in your kit while fighting giving you free I-frames).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 00petar00 said:

 

 

You are going to say that she isn't broken or overpowered yet ask for 50% damage nerf, this looks like a joke to me.

Reading comprehension, not even once.

50% more damage than the average character, and if you looked at my other reply i also mentioned maybe 160% or 165% i just think 175% is a bit much.

38 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

the world of youtube dst tier lists

Thats honestly just my opinion. Hes bad in my eyes because i dont like woby and the slingshot is weak. He has massive sanity problems in an extended fight. Maybe i underestimated others opinions on the matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...