About funcap

I was reviewing some of the items that I don't use very often in the game, when I came across the Funcap. Honestly I do not know if you guys use it that often but I really wonder what you can do with it.I know that it reduces the loss of hunger by 25% and also releases spores from time to time, but is that all it does? does it have some secret utility or something? My suggestion is that he could have a small chance to spawn a new type of spore that can withstand freezing temperatures so that you can use Mushroom Planter during the winter or have any spore grow during the winter, without the need for a new spore.

winona-mushroom-planters-spore-funcap.jpg

Funny thing about the the 25% hunger decrease...

It ends up saving the same amount of hunger it would take to make the hat for character with normal hunger modifiers.

A character with the hat saves 75 hunger throughout 4 days.

The hat costs 75 hungers worth of red or blue caps.

So you can say it pays for itself... Or that it doesn't do anything but spoil your inventory items faster.

It's best use as you said is to acquire spores out of season to get the maximum out of your planters. I really wish we could protect planters from the cold somehow... A boss drop needing another item in order to have a niche use is kinda meh. 

Its useful for Wig not being able to eat mushrooms on their own any way and with her low 120 hunger max. I definitely use it from time to time.

Also useful for getting spores for mushroom planters without needing to go to the caves. 

You can even put it on pigs (preferably ones that don't enter their house at night via food traps) and just grab all the spores for easy mushroom replanting.

It could certainly use a small boost being a toadstool drop though. 

41 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Its useful for Wig not being able to eat mushrooms on their own any way and with her low 120 hunger max. I definitely use it from time to time.

I hate to be that guy but I want this item buffed so I thought I'd add that using mushrooms as filler is probably more beneficial.

3 in meat balls only has them lose .83~ hunger value (big meat)

Using a morsel increases the hunger value by 2.5 per mushroom.

It's really hard not to come up on top with other recipes too like honey ham (even when using two big meats there is a net gain) and especially her favorite food turkey dinner.

There isn't that much of a benefit when using it as a hat vs using mushrooms as filler :/. 

The character that gets the most benefit is probably warly, and even then I'm not sure the benefit is enough to merit it's status as a boss drop. (Does Warly then just need 2 meaty stews vs 2 meaty stews + something else?). One character getting big gains from boss loot is poor balance anyways.

after the initial cost we should be able to refuel the hat with the appropriate mushroom. 33% durability increase per mushroom (about) doubles the effective hunger rate loss to hunger value ratio per mushroom. Even adding 20% freshness would see a small increase over time, rewarding it's continuous use.

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I really wish we could protect planters from the cold somehow

You could always make Mushroom farms in caves.

Planters there work all year round.

9 hours ago, ALCRD said:

You could always make Mushroom farms in caves.

Planters there work all year round.

I know this, it forces you to be near a sinkhole or a wormhole that leads to a sinkhole.

It has the dowsides of:

Bats

Bunnymen creating a buildup of rot

Needing to take time to walk which usually isn't worth it as other fillers are much easier to deal with in the long run. (Like berries on berry bushes not turning to rot come winter)

Or losing sanity everytime you use the wormhole

It's weird given how much effort it takes to get a large amount of planters and getting the fun cap for max gains with out of season spores. (And for a toadstool drop no less...)

All mushrooms grown from spores (stronger) should be immune to winter/snow.

Make the hat immune to the 25% spoilage decrease and i'd use it more, hell maybe as wx i'd slap on the sanity generation circuit and run around with a funcap who knows

the real perk of funcaps is being some of the best looking hats in the game

6 hours ago, jp2k43 said:

My suggestion is that he could have a small chance to spawn a new type of spore that can withstand freezing temperatures so that you can use Mushroom Planter during the winter or have any spore grow during the winter, without the need for a new spore.

Mushrooms are immune to cold already. They are not immune to snow.

Guys, low key funcaps are underrated

the thing is, you can use them to convert 1 living log into 300 hunger

they can be bundled

they are mass produced for ZERO hunger (once you get spores, which can also be bundled)

you basically convert 2 silk and 1 living log into a ton of hunger

it also multiplies with other hunger effects like wx gastro, and belt of hunger, for more gains per living log

it looks very fashion, especially the red one

it is really fun in pubs with many people, all of them idling in base

if you had one wortox and one wormwood visit your base, you will have all the living logs you need

7 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

they can be bundled

they are mass produced for ZERO hunger (once you get spores, which can also be bundled)

it also multiplies with other hunger effects like wx gastro, and belt of hunger, for more gains per living log

if you had one wortox and one wormwood visit your base, you will have all the living logs you need

the thing is that i need to go out of my way to craft them for such underwhelming effect...

if we talk about bundles...meat fill many of them so why i would craft them outside of fashion or wanting to give colours to mushlamps

39 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

they can be bundled

I agree with the fashion, but not the hunger part.

Farming gives you way more food and you don't have to kill a 52k frog for the fun caps.

I would be happy if they aren't gatekeeped by Toadstool. To be fair they can be obtained from Klaus, I guess. But hunger from these guys is a joke compared to a bunch of other food sources.

1 hour ago, Spino43 said:

I agree with the fashion, but not the hunger part.

Farming gives you way more food and you don't have to kill a 52k frog for the fun caps.

I would be happy if they aren't gatekeeped by Toadstool. To be fair they can be obtained from Klaus, I guess. But hunger from these guys is a joke compared to a bunch of other food sources.

you'd be surprised in practice, I was not a believer either until I did the math

very good for social servers that are in late game

Archived