Make merms talk to plants.

As the title says I'd like to see merms talking to plants. Why? I think taking care of the garden could be a great idea to use merms, if they see Wurt talking to plants they will do it as well (Like chopping and mining). For now Wormwood is the one who do most of the work in the garden, and I think that Wurt should have some gimic for the garden too. Being vegan and feeding merms cost veggies and seeds and I think make merms taking care of the garden will make a nice circle of life.
Spoiler

Capturafgfgf.PNG.9913aeb3677108ca300661022d8459e9.PNG

Uhm.. no-

Wurt doesn’t need 500 good perks, she’s fine as is.. I still want a little bit of a challenge while playing a quote “Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Game”

Nothing anyone can say can change the fact that is what dst is advertised and sold as… and as such- Having all these crazy upsides with minimal downsides.. just feels so … wrong.

Touch ups are fine, but let’s not over do their perks please?

Wurts singular downside is she only eats Veggies, Veggies used to not grow in Winter, Merms also didn’t spawn out their homes in Winter- it made playing Wurt in Winter a fun little challenge…

She doesn’t also need Automated farming.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:58 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Wurt doesn’t need 500 good perks, she’s fine as is

Hey don't be hating on merms, its not a good perk what op asked for, its just a QOL, as OP said the merms that have been fed can mimic wurt even in talking to plants. They already do it in many ways : Fight, mine, chop, stand, walk, run, talk.

12 hours ago, sunny91 said:

Hey don't be hating on merms, its not a good perk what op asked for, its just a QOL, as OP said the merms that have been fed can mimic wurt even in talking to plants. They already do it in many ways : Fight, mine, chop, stand, walk, run, talk.

The thing is if Merms become too far advanced, and too intelligent then the Merm/Pig Turf War is no longer just unintelligent animals fighting over their territorial instincts- They instead become something more advanced Human-like, Their hate would span beyond just filthy swamp monster & unintelligent pig- they would come closer to the Romeo & Juliet Story- Two family’s who simply hated one another just because it all they ever known: But when a boy & girl in these families fall in love or in DSTs case Wurt & Wilba want to be friends…

They have to sneak out and spend time with one another.

They also don’t talk.. atleast not in any human language, you can understand them when you play as Wurt because Wurt is of their same species. 

You can’t understand the meows/barks your cat or dog makes unless your also a cat/dog.

As the game stands right now: you’ll find dead pig heads in Merm territory and dead Merm heads in pig territory- But they aren’t too intelligent.

On 4/26/2022 at 6:52 AM, loopuleasa said:

Let's not educate the merms too much.

They might unionize and ask for worker rights next.

To balance out wurts new upsides, she should have a "Civil Unrest" Meter that shows how happy the merms are. If the meter gets too low, they will overthrow the merm monarchy and burn down Wurts base

48 minutes ago, pyroisshy said:

To balance out wurts new upsides, she should have a "Civil Unrest" Meter that shows how happy the merms are. If the meter gets too low, they will overthrow the merm monarchy and burn down Wurts base

Plot twist Wurts start doing this intentionally but don't make a base so they suddenly start seeking out other players bases and then somehow frame Willow.

52 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Dude, the other characters also understand the merms, what are you talking about?

This is something that took me awhile to figure out myself they're right Wurt understands the other merms and can see what they are saying other characters however aside from the king see different words for example: "Make Merkfolk strong!" = "Blut gloppy Glurtsu!"

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The thing is if Merms become too far advanced, and too intelligent then the Merm/Pig Turf War is no longer just unintelligent animals fighting over their territorial instincts- They instead become something more advanced Human-like, Their hate would span beyond just filthy swamp monster & unintelligent pig- they would come closer to the Romeo & Juliet Story- Two family’s who simply hated one another just because it all they ever known: But when a boy & girl in these families fall in love or in DSTs case Wurt & Wilba want to be friends…

They have to sneak out and spend time with one another.

They also don’t talk.. atleast not in any human language, you can understand them when you play as Wurt because Wurt is of their same species. 

You can’t understand the meows/barks your cat or dog makes unless your also a cat/dog.

As the game stands right now: you’ll find dead pig heads in Merm territory and dead Merm heads in pig territory- But they aren’t too intelligent.

Personally rather than animals they seem more like cavemen despite that it's been shown that both pigs and merms have a very high capacity for learning Wurt specifically is proof on the merm side of things merms.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don't consider mimicing someone as intelligence.

Being human like is doing ur own thing, not mimic someone who just fed you. All life form talk in one way or other, never said like humans, just mimicing wurt.

8 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Pretty sure can understand some a bit, some more; but just can't talk back. 

8 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Wurt & Wilba

Don't think that will happen.

48 minutes ago, sunny91 said:

I don't consider mimicing someone as intelligence.

Being human like is doing ur own thing, not mimic someone who just fed you. All life form talk in one way or other, never said like humans, just mimicing wurt.

Pretty sure can understand some a bit, some more; but just can't talk back. 

Don't think that will happen.

Uh pal I think you somehow quoted the wrong person. By that I mean your quoting Mike but inputting it under my name.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:53 PM, SonicDen220 said:

Merms should also drop green gems. Not even on death, just periodically. Just a little qol thing.

To balance the hounds dropping gems? Does this mean Winona would want to murder Wurt's people?

Archived