Summer skins for the Cawnival?

Last year, when I heard that there was going to be a a summer themed event in the vain of hallowed nights and winter's feast, my brain was immediately brewing with ideas on what type of belongings and character outfits that we could receive. I've always loved when game's like Overwatch and Fortnite released summer cosmetics based on sports and having fun on the beach, so I was excited to see what Klei had in store for their newest event.

Unfortunately, to my dismay, their were no summer outfits to be seen, not even any belongings either! So with the Cawnival coming up in the next few months, I'm hoping that this vision can come to reality. Right now, I've made two concepts of skins that fall in line with a summer theme. While it's not much, I just wanted to get the idea out there. Do you guys feel the same or have any ideas to put out there?

20220401_124106.jpg

20220401_124112.jpg

20220402_133054.jpg

20220402_133033.jpg

20220402_133007.jpg

20220402_132949.jpg

20220402_173728.jpg

20220402_173901.jpg

20220402_173855.jpg

winona_grillmaster.thumb.png.b9c2d77439ae23f1aeb07d75a231624a.png

2 minutes ago, Memetan said:

Now the constant is a tourist resort.

Welcome to the Constant!

- Where you build your own personal paradise

- Relax on a summer day enjoying a nice glass of vegetable stinger

- Cook amazing dishes for you and your friends

- C̸̰̾̕ò̷͙n̵̗͕̈́s̷̢͂t̴̥̕a̴̬̬̍n̶̡̯͘t̸̪̆̓l̵̜̓ỹ̸͍̙̂ ̷͈͖̄b̵͇̪̉̍e̷̩̳̅ ̵͎̔͌o̸͚̳͂̽n̷̻͌ ̸̬́̌t̷̨̓́h̷̞͂͝ẹ̷̓̇ ̶̞̾̍e̵̡̞͌͐d̵̹͒̊g̵̹̓ͅë̸̟́ ̶̛̜̞ö̶͎̺̀f̴̰̭̌ ̵͚̈̎d̴̻̙̄y̵̩̾̉ì̴̼̅ǹ̷͈̓ģ̷̦͂ ̵͓̺͑̀á̷͍̚t̴̡̥̓ ̸̪̀ä̵͙́n̵̥͊y̷͖̽̅ ̵̢̓̾m̴̹̞̃o̵͔̐͠m̴̼̳̈́̈́e̵̖̊n̶̢͉͝t̷̳͒,̵̟̎͋ ̴̪͎̍͐r̴̠͊ú̴̬n̴̮̹̓n̶̗͎̍̈́ḯ̸̫̤ṅ̸̼͇̇g̷͖̉ ̵̞̏̿ŏ̵̘̙u̵͍̾̌t̸̾͜ ̶͙͈̃o̸̯͆f̷̭͑̓ ̶͓̭̈́̕f̸͍̋͝l̶̮̿̐ě̸͇e̵̤̎́t̶̢̻̏i̴͇͚͌ñ̶̪̙͘g̴͈̋ ̸̻̯̏r̵̲̎e̷̬͗͠s̴̻͊̌o̶̦̮̒u̶̫̇̚r̸̹̐c̶͔͕͒͂ē̷͍͇͝s̸̟̠̋,̵̬́͝ ̸̣̆̉d̴̳͐͘y̴̩̪͊͂ȉ̶͙n̶̖͊̔g̴̱̏̉ ̶̜̆o̸̡͑͑f̷͙̠́͗ ̴͕̔̏h̴͚̮͑e̸̼̯͛ä̸̩̺́ẗ̶̢́ ̸̥͊s̵͕͌ť̴̯r̵̢̓̇o̵̍͜ḱ̷̰̗̆e̵͕̓,̵̥̳̾ ̷̺̾̎b̵̧̮͛ȩ̶̝̈i̴̢̩̍̈n̸̗̿g̴̜̒̆ ̴̼̾̏ḁ̶͂t̴͕̯̉̓t̵̡̖̾a̸̜͒̒c̶̟̔̀k̸̙̮̊e̷̪͈̿d̷́͜ ̴̹̟͂͒b̷͍̓́y̵̨͗ ̴̼̍̅a̷͈͌͑n̴̟̉ ̴͉́͒e̶̹̾n̵̄͜ḑ̶̽l̷̘͇̎́e̷̲͠ṡ̸͕s̸̙͝ ̶͍͊̓ḧ̷̢͓́̽ö̶͙͖́͝ŗ̶̦͛̌ḓ̸̾͆ẹ̸̞̇̓s̷̮̹̆͆ ̸͉̝͆õ̶̮̮̕f̴̮̬͆ ̸͙̐e̵̞̾l̵̲͌ͅd̴͉̈͒r̸͇̀̚i̶̝̎̅͜ṯ̶̡̅̾c̶͍̓h̸̩͆ͅ ̴͇̇͠a̶̼͐ḇ̸̮́̃o̸̮̺͐̈́m̴̢̩͌͠i̸̧̼̒̈́n̸͎͂̕a̸̟̓t̸̙̒ì̴͓̿o̴̲͑n̴̨̠͊ṡ̸̖,̷̹̝̀̈ ̵̰̫͂ā̸̜n̷̪̋͘d̴͚͝ ̴̺͓̆t̸̮̣̀̓h̵̰̳̎͝ȃ̵̛̭t̶̺̀ ̵͈̥̃͝ẻ̷̱̈́v̴̘̍͝ẹ̶̓ŕ̵̦ͅy̴͕̹͛́ ̵̥̯̒l̴͎̖͊̏i̴͔̻̓̊v̶̠̈͝i̷̜̍͝n̴̨͂͝g̴̺͓͌͌,̸̗͘̚ ̶̨̿̕w̵̢͕̉͐a̶̫̍̑k̷̩̔î̵̹͍̓n̶̺͘g̵̹̈́͝ ̵̳̳͂m̵͖̰̈́ȭ̶͇̯m̶̰̣͛e̸͔͠n̷̪͔͑t̵̟̖͐ ̸̼̘͐í̶̧͐s̶͉̳͂ ̶̰̼̊͋ą̶͆͌ ̵̢̌b̵͍̋̓l̷͉̻̇̈e̵̡̓̈́s̷̩̈́s̴̺͌̑i̷͚̼͋n̶͈͂̈́ğ̷̟̐ ̴͖̄̈b̸̖͛̀y̷̮̏ ̶͚͙̈̈́y̴̱̋͗o̶̲͔̔͝ṳ̴̂r̵̼̉̌ ̷͇̤̀n̵̢͎̅̕o̶̺͒n̴̢͔͝ ̴̨́̔e̸̢̤̊͆ẋ̴̲̰i̶̘̓͠ͅs̶̻͓̎ṫ̷̯͒ȧ̴̮͑n̶̞̔ẗ̴͙̮́ ̷͒͜g̴̣̿o̶̻̽͗d̴̛̺͇s̵̺͈̍͠

- Adopt adorable little pets

- Crack open some sodie pops with boys

9 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Oh yes please, expand Wormwood's Oasis Bound to be a skin set for all the characters

But but but… what about a new summery tropical hibiscus skin for him…. :wilson_cry: or bird of paradise or orchid or passion flower.. :crushed:

20 minutes ago, GrapeVruit said:

I bet more people would use the spear if you could beat enemies to death with a sausage 

But sausage is closer to the ham bat, isn't it? 

Also, luxury fan should be a bunch of palm leaves. And a skin for a siesta lean-to. I remember that someone on the forum really wanted it.

Let's go even further. We already have a skin for the stones that antlion throws at players if they are in caves. Why not make the original "sand" shape of its spikes and castles a skin for glass ones? Thus, they will be "sandy", but they will not crumble over time. Oh! Skin on fashion and desert goggles so that they become dark sunglasses. Some tropical flower for Wendy... 

57 minutes ago, Lokena said:

But sausage is closer to the ham bat, isn't it? 

Also, luxury fan should be a bunch of palm leaves. And a skin for a siesta lean-to. I remember that someone on the forum really wanted it.

Let's go even further. We already have a skin for the stones that antlion throws at players if they are in caves. Why not make the original "sand" shape of its spikes and castles a skin for glass ones? Thus, they will be "sandy", but they will not crumble over time. Oh! Skin on fashion and desert goggles so that they become dark sunglasses. Some tropical flower for Wendy... 

I like the sound of these, especially for the fashion goggles. I'm planning on drawing a few more concepts today, Winona as a grill master and Woodie as a surfer dude. It's hard to get ideas for the others though.

14 minutes ago, GrapeVruit said:

Well, I was thinking about Wolfgang in swimming trunks, flip-flops and the image of a beach bodybuilder. But with others, yeah, it's kinda difficult. I don't really know much about clothes, so it's hard for me to think in this direction. With items it's a little easier. Hmm, I'm not sure about this one... But I know that there are special portable refrigerators? Like, a plastic box with ice that you can take on a picnic? Maybe? Also, umbrella has a lot of skins already, but we can always have a rainbow one from the sun. Or the same thing, but for the eyebrella? Some color variations for floral shirt and pretty parasol would be nice too. These are not the most used items, but for a summer set of skins they are most suitable thematically. By the way, this is probably from the category of strange and a little crazy ideas, but it would be funny if a pretty parasol could be put in a crock pot with some fruit(maybe with ice and/or cactus flower too) and give you a tropical cocktail with a small umbrella. I know it's a bit specific, but there are a lot of specific recipes in DST, so why not?

1 minute ago, Dr. Safety said:

What I would give for some character to get a set that gives them a Hawaiian shirt. I would wear that on every survivor lol. I love Hawaiian shirts

Same man. They're neat and casual, perfect to wear on a hot summer day.

25 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Summer skins should be different from Cawnival skins. Cawnival should match the aesthetic of Corvus Goodfeather and the displays we've seen so far.

So, something in the vain to an old retro carnival? That would probably fit in at a lot better well. I guess I focused too hard on the "Midsummer" aspect of Cawnival, not that I'm against it. Do you have any examples you could show off?

6 minutes ago, GrapeVruit said:

Do you have any examples you could show off?

latest?cb=20210528234610Strangely enough, The Cawnival art tends to have more Easter type colors while summer skins would have more firey tones. It's kind of a Germanic Asiatic aesthetic with the cawnival. Kind of something similar to Pinnochio by Disney(even though that's Italy).

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

What I would give for some character to get a set that gives them a Hawaiian shirt. I would wear that on every survivor lol. I love Hawaiian shirts

Sounds like the entire skin set for chill surfer gal Walani (if she ever gets added to the game..)

I think the grill fork skin should have the stabbing pointed ends sticking out of the hotdog just a little bit though.. so it at least sort of still makes sense to stab/hit foes with it.

Archived