Klei why do you do this?

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ve never seen anyone playing on Xbox 

Same

Guys stop complaining about god damn skins.It's not some balance or any ingame change, it's just a new skin!If klei make skins on some set of items that doesn't mean they care only about new players and don't care about already experienced.Literally most of RoT content is not for new but players who have super cool base day 500+ with all bosses killed, even if it's look like content that is easy to access-it's not, it's easy only for you, new players won't even try to get to this content because they want to survive instead of exploring big ocean or scary caves.There is still a lot of items in general that new players use too but don't have skins!Almost all clothing that new players like so much don't have skins, science machine and alchemy engine skins were available only with twitch drops and you can't get them anymore, basic tools like pitchfork and a lot more!Klei don't need to make skin on every item and mob in game, some objects like houndious shootius is too hard to get idea for skin, and at the same time things like spear or torch are very easy.

So pls stop complaining about god damn skins in game.

1 hour ago, prettynuggets said:

im sorry for you.. that you havent get krampus sack even once ... even tho you play for 500 days ... that must be s*cks 
sad

I did get it multiple times on my long term worlds, this isn't about not getting an item that requires so much effort, im just against such items having skins over easier to obtain items.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

pitchfork doesnt have skin neither fishing rod and many other cheap to craft items

Fishing rod does have a skin though.

That's really my point somewhat, i would be happy if klei made one for pitchfork or even another fishing rod skin i just don't mind torch having more skins considering it is the item that is used the most in the first few days.

I want lanterns, firepits, torches and flare skins that give off different colors & light effects.

I did not like Terraria when I tried to play it, but I did love its green glow sticks & purple torches.

now there’s an idea for a torch skin for upcoming Wilson rework.. a Glow Stick in a science beaker.

So if that's the Twitch skin, I wonder if there will be a log-in bonus related to the YotC as well? Last year we got a saddle for Beefalo, before that was a torch in lieu of a Carrat, and even before that we got a Pig King crown skin for the beefalo hat. All were log-in bonuses that had something to do with the mob associated with the event. It's alright if this isn't the case, but it would be awesome if it is.

1 - its free. u r complainin about a free skin. in this moment u though it was really necessary to turn public that u need to complain about a free skin. 

2 - the way u complainin, dude. its not polite complainin, its just bratty behavior. "oh im so done dont wanna any torches anymore grwaaah"

chill. 

57 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

I cant believe klei is still making skins for NOOBS, unlike me, a very experienced player, this is obviously because of TENCENT DEAL

Reveal hidden contents

For real though, some people here use the word "noob" like if this was roblox

I’ll have you know I’ve played Roblox before.. and Roblox isn’t really a “Game” so to say.. it’s more like a bunch of player created games playable from one central hub, so some of the things on Roblox will feel very very noob indeed, but OTHERS can be created by people who will no doubt go on to create their own game in the future because of just how good what they create in Roblox is.

That said: I don’t like Roblox, but it is worth mentioning that your experience with it depends on the content you play created by whoever that contents creator is.

In a way it’s like Mods for DS/DST- Some mods make things easier, some things make things much harder, and others add cool new biomes, scenery and mobs in under water scuba outfits and stuff.

While as a console player without access to mods it is always extremely saddening to me to see the cool content people create for DS/DST, it’s even more sad when Klei promotes or advertises this content like they did with the forge/gorge mods.. But I will remain ever so hopeful they manage to pick the best most popular mods and bring that to consoles someday.

There’s a mod that lets you play as the wildlife of DST.. And with a content update coming out called year of the Catcoon if I’m ever going to get to be a Catcoon doing Catcoon stuff outside of a Mod, this seems like the only time I might have a chance to do it.

It's impossible for Klei to satisfy everyone. When they release awesome first time skins of rarer items like Tackle box, Deconstruction Staff, Deck Illuminator etc, a vocal chunk of the fanbase is like "I'll never use these, give use common item skins" and when Klei adds a great new skin for a common item like Torch, Chest or Backpack, many complains them for not making skins for skinless entities. In truth they are doing the right thing by not heeding to these impossible to satisfy consumers and alternate between new and old items, probably giving skins to whatever they feel like it.

And in truth you aren't justified in blaming Klei for not making skins for items without skins; they've been doing that for so many items through both the twitch drops and skin releases. Just take a look at the nautical collection and the 5 most recent belonging packs:

Nautical Collection gave first time skins to:

Scaled Chest, Deck Illuminator, Steering Wheel.

Wolfgang Rework gave first time skins to:

Boulder

Terraria Crossover gave first time skins to:

Pick/Axe, Lureplant, Bone Helmet, Bone Armor, Cat o' 3 Tails, Clean Sweeper, Glass Cutter

Waterlogged Update gave first time skins to:

Think Tank, Tackle Box, Spectacler Box

Webber Rework gave first time skins to:

Gardening Hoe, Watering Can, Seed-Pack-It

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ll have you know I’ve played Roblox before.. and Roblox isn’t really a “Game” so to say.. it’s more like a bunch of player created games playable from one central hub

I know

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i love how people distort comments to make them look like something mean, offensive or whatever their sick minds think

What a wonderful world

Ikr the people these days

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

All of those things you just named with exception to the houndius I’ve never seen anyone playing on Xbox use.

I don't play xbox, man, and I don't care what is happening there. I'm judging by PC players and I know many of them who use this items, me included.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ll have you know I’ve played Roblox before.. and Roblox isn’t really a “Game” so to say.. it’s more like a bunch of player created games playable from one central hub, so some of the things on Roblox will feel very very noob indeed, but OTHERS can be created by people who will no doubt go on to create their own game in the future because of just how good what they create in Roblox is.

That said: I don’t like Roblox, but it is worth mentioning that your experience with it depends on the content you play created by whoever that contents creator is.

In a way it’s like Mods for DS/DST- Some mods make things easier, some things make things much harder, and others add cool new biomes, scenery and mobs in under water scuba outfits and stuff.

While as a console player without access to mods it is always extremely saddening to me to see the cool content people create for DS/DST, it’s even more sad when Klei promotes or advertises this content like they did with the forge/gorge mods.. But I will remain ever so hopeful they manage to pick the best most popular mods and bring that to consoles someday.

There’s a mod that lets you play as the wildlife of DST.. And with a content update coming out called year of the Catcoon if I’m ever going to get to be a Catcoon doing Catcoon stuff outside of a Mod, this seems like the only time I might have a chance to do it.

it's all interesting and all but can you talk about topic of post and not roblox?

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

All of those things you just named with exception to the houndius I’ve never seen anyone playing on Xbox use.

have you ever killed any boss who have more than 6k hp solo?

11 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

É impossível para Klei satisfazer a todos. Quando eles lançam skins incríveis de primeira vez de itens mais raros, como Tackle box, Deconstruction Staff, Deck Illuminator, etc, uma parte vocal da base de fãs é como "Eu nunca vou usar isso, use skins de itens comuns" e quando Klei adiciona uma ótima nova skin para um item comum como Tocha, Baú ou Mochila, muitos reclamam deles por não fazerem skins para entidades sem pele. Na verdade, eles estão fazendo a coisa certa ao não atender a essas impossíveis de satisfazer os consumidores e alternar entre itens novos e antigos, provavelmente dando skins para o que lhes apetecer.

E na verdade você não tem justificativa para culpar Klei por não fazer skins para itens sem skins; eles têm feito isso para tantos itens através dos lançamentos de twitch e skins. Dê uma olhada na coleção náutica e nos 5 pacotes de pertences mais recentes:

A Nautical Collection deu skins pela primeira vez para:

Baú escalonado, iluminador de convés, volante.

Wolfgang Rework deu skins pela primeira vez para:

Pedregulho

Terraria Crossover deu skins pela primeira vez para:

Picareta/Machado, Lureplant, Bone Helmet, Bone Armor, Cat o' 3 Tails, Clean Sweeper, Glass Cutter

Atualização Waterlogged deu skins pela primeira vez para:

Think Tank, Tackle Box, Spectacler Box

Webber Rework deu skins pela primeira vez para:

Enxada de jardinagem, regador, pacote de sementes

the problem is not satisfying everyone, they focus on skinning just 1 item 20,000 times, there is an infinity of items without skin, or with 1 or 2 skins...

6 minutes ago, cepahkoll said:

the problem is not satisfying everyone, they focus on skinning just 1 item 20,000 times, there is an infinity of items without skin, or with 1 or 2 skins...

to be honest, the crystalline collection gave us a lot of skins for items that have few or any skin and looks as good, if not better, than the purchables ones

torches are used by everyone

Archived