Should Wolfgang get his Speed Boost back?

sped, sped is teh nam of gam  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mighty Wolfgang get back his speed boost?

• Yes, it was a definite point of his kit!
    • No, it wasn't needed/didn't fit his overall kit
    • I don't care either way
  2. 2. If Mighty Wolfgang doesn't get the speed boost back, should Wimpy Wolfgang get it?

• Yes, it would help balance out all the badness that form has
    • No, It's meant to be a punishment exclusively
    • I don't care
  3. 3. If neither form gets the sped back, do you think the heavy item penalty removal is decent enough compensation?

• Yes, while not the same, I can see it being useful
    • No, there is literally nothing that can compensate the loss of sped
    • I don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/21 at 05:01 PM

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is true but at the same time the most played characters are wendy and wigfrid because of fights :P

that's not because they kill bosses easily, but because it's very hard to die as them, even as a beginner. That was never the case with wolf, beginners had a hard time with him. 

9 minutes ago, Ohan said:

If ur suffering from a need for speed  may i interest u in a character of a more... vegetal variety :mrgreen:?

I do enjoy my vegetables :D 

5 minutes ago, Dextops said:

A goddamn dps boost is not that good of a perk go burn at the stake already but for real its so damn situational only useful in bosses and in a team its completely void and i hate how people show how good a character is by how good their boss killing is

I'd argue that DPS boosts are still important and impactful in everyday fights when they are big enough to reduce the number of hits required to kill trash mobs.

13 minutes ago, Milordo said:

Curious question: before all of this, before even Wolfgang was thought to be the next for rework, i always depict Wolfgang as a combat character and in my old imaginary rework i wanted to change the speed to be tied in combat = Wolfgang would obtain the speed bonus only when is fighting something or something want to fights Wolfgang. Would you like it more?

Oh look, an actual rework to the original perk the character had that also ties into the their personality and other mechanics without making it super unbalanced!

Sarcasm aside, this is what I like to see in reworks: actual reworks. Removing things and straight up nerfs are just boring to me; there is a lot you could do with the speed boost.

6 minutes ago, myxal said:

I'd argue that DPS boosts are still important and impactful in everyday fights when they are big enough to reduce the number of hits required to kill trash mobs.

This has been mentioned several times by now but to no avail :lol:

theyll say wolfs dmg boost is only good for bosses and when u say his easy double damage, speed boost and 300 hp makes it a walk in the park to melt bosses theyll scream at u and “burn u at the stake” for focusing on boss fights :roll:

Removing the speed buff with nothing to compensate for it is completely unfair. 

Making Wolfgang's crafts require resources and not giving him any resource gathering perks is pretty bad. 

Saying that he can wear marble armor to compensate for the loss in speed is such a "hurr durr" argument. I guess kiting suddenly doesn't exist?

9 minutes ago, Ohan said:

This has been mentioned several times by now but to no avail :lol:

theyll say wolfs dmg boost is only good for bosses and when u say his easy double damage, speed boost and 300 hp makes it a walk in the park to melt bosses theyll scream at u and “burn u at the stake” for focusing on boss fights :roll:

because its only good for bosses killing a bunch of trash mobs in 2 seconds instead of 3 is not that good especially when you aren't the best at it max hp means kaput when you know how to kite and his speed was the only thing he had outside of combat which also kinda helped a team

2 minutes ago, Dextops said:

because its only good for bosses killing a bunch of trash mobs in 2 seconds instead of 3 is not that good especially when you aren't the best at it max hp means kaput when you know how to kite and his speed was the only thing he had outside of combat which also kinda helped a team

Why do u play wolfgang then :mrgreen:? he sounds really bad.

Do u kill ruins mobs, nightmares, hounds, mctusk etc while in x1.0 mode or mighty? 

If movement speed apparently is the only worthwhile thing about wolfgang why not just play Wormwood? He has a bunch of non boss fighting or general combats perks too beside the 1.2 movement speed. 

Or is the cheap double damage and large hp pool that can be easily healed very good after all? :roll:

Real talk, and i know some people are gonna cry and scream as i pour this cold water on them but heres the truth: speed buffs dont really matter THAT much.

unless you’re a speedrunner if you want better speed the answer is and will always be beefalo, they can move faster than any combination of character movement buffs that exist. Wolfgangs speed only improved travel times, and while it’s probably one of the most time saving perks for a character to have: it really doesn’t matter at the end of the day unless you’re speedrunning.

and to be honest: no, wolfgang doesnt need a speed boost. Double dps, IS HUGE. Despite what people think, this game has a pretty big focus on combat, and being able to oneshot fire/ice hounds, twoshot normal hounds, and oneshot normal spiders, bees, and trivialize most threats. Is a pretty dang huge perk. Now he does his main focus: DPS easier and cheaper than ever. The guy who is bigger and stronger than every other character should not be faster as well.  Stop comparing him to pre rework wolfgang at full hunger and compare him to the other survivors. He’s literally still the strongest. And now he doesnt have to eat enough food to feed half of a server for a couple days to fight a single boss. 
also: now he can use arguably the best armor (marble) with literally no downsides. He can also have the best non krampus backpack, with no downsides. 
he didnt need a speed boost and it was rightfully taken away, you wanna whine about double damage not being enough of a perk? Why are you playing the dps character? For the speedboost? Play as wormwood or WX if you want a speed boost, wormwoods is more reliable anyway and WXs is stronger

23 minutes ago, Dextops said:

ik this isn't the point here but imma just say something. A goddamn dps boost is not that good of a perk go burn at the stake already but for real its so damn situational only useful in bosses and in a team its completely void and i hate how people show how good a character is by how good their boss killing is

You need to comprehend fighting IS an important factor in Don't starve, maybe the most important. I don't want to say it's right to base characters for fight only, i hate it too. But again killing stuff is too important for their drops, just do a game where you don't kill any stuff and try to go further. Yeah, annoying isn't it? Which is why i dislike since klei didn't try in the years to improve all other mechanics like temperature, cooking, danger from biomes, building, ecc.... 

The point is Wolfgang being put so high is right afterall, he easy your burden in so many ways, not saying wendy can't do the same, maybe in a more efficient way.

2 minutes ago, Milordo said:

You need to comprehend fighting IS an important factor in Don't starve, maybe the most important. I don't want to say it's right to base characters for fight only, i hate it too. But again killing stuff is too important for their drops, just do a game where you don't kill any stuff and try to go further. Yeah, annoying isn't it? Which is why i dislike since klei didn't try in the years to improve all other mechanics like temperature, cooking, danger from biomes, building, ecc.... 

The point is Wolfgang being put so high is right afterall, he easy your burden in so many ways, not saying wendy can't do the same, maybe in a more efficient way.

i don't understand what you're saying except for the first sentence anyway for small mobs yeah combat will be important but for big boy dps increases they are only useful in big boss fights which are situational and even then not all bosses are really worth it and are done it for the funni

39 minutes ago, Sir Aaron said:

Oh look, an actual rework to the original perk the character had that also ties into the their personality and other mechanics without making it super unbalanced!

Sarcasm aside, this is what I like to see in reworks: actual reworks. Removing things and straight up nerfs are just boring to me; there is a lot you could do with the speed boost.

Damn. I guess i can boost now my ego and start being a developer for Don't starve. 

First change: Maxwell's chin buff. Every player who stands near Maxwell's chin receive a sanity boost.

Lol jokes aside i could dive into modding, it always intrigued me and see what i can do.

(P.s show him brother! @Ohan show him the force of being a plant!)

36 minutes ago, Dextops said:

i don't understand what you're saying except for the first sentence anyway for small mobs yeah combat will be important but for big boy dps increases they are only useful in big boss fights which are situational and even then not all bosses are really worth it and are done it for the funni

Fight is important. Most of the gameplay in Don't Starve is fighting, therefore Wolfgang is important and strong for that. Now it's better?

You need to kill 13 bosses in the game, only 4 can be considered optional. Many of these bosses need to be killed and farmed a lot. Excuse me, are you sure you played "Don't starve together"? Because we're not counting mobs too.

Just now, Milordo said:

Fight is important. Most of the gameplay in Don't Starve is fighting, therefore Wolfgang is important and strong for that. Now it's better?

You need to kill 13 bosses in the game, only 4 can be considered optional. Excuse me, are you sure you played "Don't starve together"? Because we're not counting mobs too.

k but the problem is these bosses have a 20 day respawn counter a lot of them do so you are not constantly fighting boss mobs and a lot of bosses you never need to kill more than once/ farms or cheese methods exist

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

k but the problem is these bosses have a 20 day respawn counter a lot of them do so you are not constantly fighting boss mobs and a lot of bosses you never need to kill more than once/ farms or cheese methods exist

I love the cheese method argument, as if everyone prefers to exploit the game mechanics to kill a boss without effort. 
theres a difference between picking a character to make a long fight shorter and just turning the fight effectively off and smacking the boss until it dies or burning it to death or any of the other methods to make the game super easy

7 minutes ago, myxal said:

I imagine wicker and wx mains are piling up on these threads as well, because if the nerf sticks with wolf, their perks will be on the chopping block as well - or so they think.

I think WX will be the one who will benefit from all of this. Everything he has it's so basic and boring, i could argue he is the most boring character, in second position to Wolfgang and i was a WX main and lover.... So maybe it will not be so bad.

On the other hand Wicker, oh my. The day her rework will come, the forum will implode on itself.

15 minutes ago, myxal said:

I imagine wicker and wx mains are piling up on these threads as well, because if the nerf sticks with wolf, their perks will be on the chopping block too - or so they think.

I mean yeah i think you're right but with Wicker she already had the book 'nerfs'/changes with RWYS so I doubt they'll do much more in that regard and even if they do slightly nerf existing books surely were going to get a couple cool new ones with interesting uses.

WX is just in a weird place imo especially if playing solo without a wicker around to charge you up (me, always). I used to love him but got seriously bored of him over time, my favourite part of him was honestly the whole ignoring food quality thing. I think eating gears for upgrades is going to be changed though, that's been an issue in multiplayer for ages now. Yes you can ruins rush and get a buttload of gears (which are renewable with ruins reset) so that you aren't just selfishly wasting all the gears but for early game or with very casual players it can still be an issue. 

I'm actually just as excited for the WX rework as I am for this Wolfgang one to hit console, hopefully it too will breathe new life into the character and make me want to revisit them.

I personally think Wolf was always most at risk/most in need of a rework that reduced his current abilities while also giving him a bunch of new ones. He was just so incredibly bland before.

I think it should be changed from 0-25% to a flat 20% while mighty, since that's pretty close to what it used to effectively be anyways (think it was like 22% or something once you account for the slowdown and time it takes to eat small items). It would match up with Wormwood's boost, too.

Archived