The most OP character in don't starve together?

Hahaha yes another op forum, Anyway, This is MY opinion so remember that. Ahem, Moving on
The most OP DST character is...Walter, And by OP im talking about early game efficiency since if you are very prepared for anything then everything becomes a joke, Walter doesn't lose sanity from ANYTHING and thats huge, you can walk around in night and pull up the torch when charlie screeches without losing sanity, you can hug deerclops legs and you're very fine. Walter also spawns with an existing beefalo, use the 10 pebbles you start with, find a spider den, kill every resident, get the meat and boom, easy day 1 speed, using that you can collect alot of stuff, collect the marble heads if you're trying to speedrun shadow bosses and speed just makes you feel like a king over the others who still dont have a cane or a beefalo by day 1 or 2. Slingshot seems useless but it can be used as one of the easiest ways to farm for krampus, just get a few gold rounds, stand somewhere, kill birds, krampus and boom a chance to get a sack, its not much but if the rng gods favor you you might get one. Another great reason walter has is his tent, you basically have a portable health and sanity station wherever you go, Just put it down sleep the night, pick it up and be on your way. You might say "but if you get hit your health AND sanity will be gone" here is an easy solution, Just dont get hit who would have thought, you have a beefalo and using some poop rounds boom no one is after you, its not that hard. Going back to the main point about how he is the best at early game, getting monster meat you have the ability to collect almost 3 stacks of resources not mentioning that woby himself is a chester meaning you can hold even MORE stuff. So if you're a smart indivisual who actually has skill you can do almost if not everything for base preprations AND killing a few bosses like dragonfly by day 5 or 6 not mentioning the ability to transport the shadow pieces and possibly doing them on day 1, Also considered the best map explorer.
And thus i finish giving my opnion on the best dont starve together character. Did you like it? Did you hate it? leave your thoughts down below and if you excuse me i have a shadow knight to kill on day 1.
So, who do you think is the most op dont starve character?

Your probably the first person I have seen that would call Walter the most over powered DST character but- it’s your opinion.

Mine however goes to Wendy, WX78 or Wolfgang-

WX just for their ridiculous amount of health when consume gears & overcharge.

Wolfgang because he’s Wolfgang..

Wendy because she’s designed to blend hordes of mobs to shreds like a nice little poltergeist blender.

Walter do not starve together is truly way too op for this game, first of all, his slingshot can 1 shot misery toadstool by his sheer gamerness, plus woby is so fast that he can teleport to lunar island, then to hamlet, then to shipwrecked all in 0.69 seconds, simply way too op. Plus he can attract 30 deerclops for a lot of meat due to his sheer epicness and coolness. Walter from avoid perishing from malnourishment with a group needs to be nerfed simply cause he is far too OP.

at most wendy because kills a big part of the survival aspect without even player interactiion but she doesnt perform nearly as fine as others in other aspects of the game

11 minutes ago, Dextops said:

health doesn't really matter if you can kite

no

ill give you that one

why wolf yes but wendy not? atleast wolf needs to gather food and needs to actually fight

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

at most wendy because kills a big part of the survival aspect without even player interactiion but she doesnt perform nearly as fine as others in other aspects of the game

why wolf yes but wendy not? atleast wolf needs to gather food and needs to actually fight

wolf has speed and his upsides aren't only for combat which in of itself is situational so wolfgang has more versatility and is more useful more of the time than wendy could hope to be

If you go by player selection choices, then Wendy is the most OP followed up by Wigfrid, and then Wilson.  They're the top most picked characters.

For Endless servers, Wanda is the go-to in the mid/end game due to the teleporting + whip ranged super smacking watch slinging action.

For early game, I would say Woodie/Wortox/Wendy are very strong picks.

For farming simulator, Wormwood removes the requirement for tilling and speeds up 'talking' to plants without any requirements, and the bloom state makes it even more of a breeze.

For empire building simulator, Wurt is a thing and Webber is more friendly to newer players.

For pure early game damage, Wolfgang is the speedrunner's choice for damage throughput and boss rushing; Walter for discovery since free + cheap beefalo speed.

For AFK boss nuking and hound defenses, then Winona/Wickerbottom can do those.

For complete team support, Warly is King.  His foods are such huge boon stat sticks that makes him very nice to have.

Willow can sort of help newer players out with Bernie to keep care of the shades, but her depth is a bit lacking to me.

WX78 is primitive in terms of gameplay complexity- eat gears and get struck by lightning for big +stats.

Waxwell's strong suit of being the team gatherer was taken over by the other characters and is pending a rework.

Wes fills the fantasy of the challenge role.  Not exactly how I'd like to play the game, since most of his downsides are -stats rather than some complex interaction that makes him interesting.

Ultimately I think it all really depends on what the player is doing in the game to determine how OP they are.  I like the characters that turn the game into a different means to an end rather than adding on additions of doing the same thing.

But that's the thing about this game is that the baseline is there with many ways to go about doing it.  It's like a sandbox.

And with such, many people from different ways to play the game will experience the characters differently and judge them better/worse depending.  This is akin to a tier list, and no two will be the same.

24 minutes ago, IIHexxyII said:

using some poop rounds boom no one is after you

In what scenarios have you used the poop rounds? I'd love to use them myself, but something that really turns me off from them is the fact that other mobs will still aggro onto you if you hit one of their kind even with a poop round.

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

In what scenarios have you used the poop rounds? I'd love to use them myself, but something that really turns me off from them is the fact that other mobs will still aggro onto you if you hit one of their kind even with a poop round.

Mostly Vargs and ruins bishops, especially if you are running in between trying to go somewhere

Reading this makes me feel like you don't really have a true understanding of how Walter plays at all.

Sure he has some neat stuff, but he's far from overpowered, if that is even a thing with characters in this game.

Poop pellets draw aggro of each surrounding mob of the one you targeted with a pellet, so I really don't understand how you managed to utilize them much at all...

I use poop pellets to draw the aggro of a Beefalo without getting the entire herd to chase.. that was back when Walter FIRST released though… so maybe it’s been changed- I just know it was useful to kite one away and kill away from its group :) 

Now if only they could be buffed to be aimed at Wormwood and heal him from a distance.. huh? 

I would go towards WX, Wolfgang and likely Wanda.

Wendy is OP as hell against hordes of enemies like Spiders and such, but her low dmg combined with the bosses deleting Abigail (Even with the healing potion) is a huge drawback to consider.

Wanda while having a significant risk factor, she is a freaking monster that can delete bosses. 

WX and Wolfgang have high HP values, allowing them to even tank hits, and in Wolf's case, he can do considerable dmg as well. 

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

yeah i don't think thats enough for wendy to be op shes good at what she does but what she does is situational imo 

Yeah thats what i said, her drawbacks really balance her out.

I kinda wish there was a potion to give Abigail some damage reduction, cause she dies too fast against hard hitting enemies, mainly bosses, since the only potion worth using is the Strong Healing One, all others are largely useless against them. 

Archived