The most OP character in don't starve together?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can NOT stand away from all the danger and de-summon & heal her without being in danger myself..

I agree, mouse giving that option at near instant speed remotely is definitely overboard on an already lobotomized character.

Just now, Random Guy000 said:

Just get a tophat if you have troubles fighting off nightmares as Wendy. Fully negates night time sanity drain for her. And even if you will have to fight off nightmares, you can technically never fall beyond 15 sanity, cuz you can resummon Abigail for free sanity, if you're that sweaty about sanity that is, so theres that

I know, it was an tricky question.
It's the kind of stuff I read every time I say Wendy is OP. Wendy has no problems with either sanity or killing shadow creatures, really.

6 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

Just get a tophat if you have troubles fighting off nightmares as Wendy. Fully negates night time sanity drain for her. And even if you will have to fight off nightmares, you can technically never fall beyond 15 sanity, cuz you can resummon Abigail for free sanity, if you're that sweaty about sanity that is, so theres that

how do you get free sanity by resummoning abi if unsummoning abi reduce the same amount that it recovers when you resummon her?

4 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I agree, mouse giving that option at near instant speed remotely is definitely overboard on an already lobotomized character.

I know right! People using KB+Mouse disagree with it, but it really is a massive difference, and not too far removed from PRE-Rework Wendy (the one who still dropped Abigails flower in the location Abigail dies in and Wendy needs to craft another or risk going into that danger to recover it)

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Abi shouldnt have a shield outside of exlixir buffs since that kills the management mechanic

I mean tbf, her shield is totally useless outside of dealing with packs of mobs, and it only last 0.5 secs normally. 

Anyway, i dont see Wendy has an OP character, she is a beast at what shes good at, but pretty mediocre at what she isnt, her downside balances out her Sister's help, since shes really weak without her, so you have to be careful of not letting Abigail die. 

Besides Food will only really be an issue for new players who dont know any better, despite the name of the game, starving to dead is really rare, maybe during the early days of the game, but since then the game has overcompensated for it, so starving is rarely an issue.

In the end characters have their particular niche.

2 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Idk if it's just me but I still find myself unable to unsummon abigail if she's in crowds, that unsummon is stubborn for me and doesn't like to show up most the time... >.<

I think that's a me thing though.

i think there was a mod that allowed you to desummon her with a keybind.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I know right! People using KB+Mouse disagree with it, but it really is a massive difference, and not too far removed from PRE-Rework Wendy (the one who still dropped Abigails flower in the location Abigail dies in and Wendy needs to craft another or risk going into that danger to recover it)

10 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

sure, lets make controls less confortable just because playing on console is a mess

imaging saying that abi's problems are being able to give a potion in a confortable way...this forum

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sure, lets make controls less confortable just because playing on console is a mess

imaging saying that abi's problems are being able to give a potion in a confortable way...this forum

Yeah, people kinda have to understand that keybind heavy games like DS wont translate that well on console most of the time.

Specially if the game is designed around using a mouse. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly I think the best nerf to Wendy would be strictly a PC only nerf- which makes THEM have to get within Spear Slapping Distance of Abigail to return her to her flower/heal her up.. PC players really take for Granted those of us using a controller have to get directly in the line of fire of Danger to do much of anything with Abigail.

Its a pretty impactful nerf, if I’m being honest about it.

We are just a few measly weeks away from the Wolfgang rework, and we will find out soon enough if he remains to be the most OP thing in Dont Starve Together or if the big guy will get some fun new abilities beyond just deal extra damage.

So you wouldn't be a fan of my idea where we add a bunch of new perks to Abigail that are only usable if you have a mouse and keyboard?

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You greatly confuse me.. no offense- you always complain about Wendy being an OP faceroll of a character, but when people suggest proper Nerfs that is Actually fitting of how Wendy played pre-rework, you dislike that suggestion?

*inserts confused face here*

Anyways- I’ll wait until after Wolfgangs rework before I declare him the most OP thing in the game. Fingers crossed they nail his refresh like they were able to with Wes.

2 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

I mean tbf, her shield is totally useless outside of dealing with packs of mobs, and it only last 0.5 secs normally. 

exactly, atleast the old abi needed help at fighting. Now they are suppose to fight together (for that the stupid damage buff from abi) but you can be litteraly a 5h player surviving afk because her shield can block a lot of damage so, instead of a 600hp mob with 10 to 40 damage (cant remember) she is a mob with potential infinity hp, 10 to 40 damage, damage buff to everyone and the ability of being healed/increase damage/increase shield duration or being unsummoned before wendy recieve the only penalty for having such balanced helper

her shield is so good that she can receive only 75 damage from 6 worms reducing even more the downsides and management needed to play wendy which makes her a brain death character which is very boring

"but you can beat the game with wes" sure but that doesnt mean anybody likes to play with console commands

suggest proper Nerfs

which proper nerf? i only see someone writing wall text complaing for 453453th about how bad xbox version in the wrong forum section 

whatever, im done

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

exactly, atleast the old abi needed help at fighting. Now they are suppose to fight together (for that the stupid damage buff from abi) but you can be litteraly a 5h player surviving afk because her shield can block a lot of damage so, instead of a 600hp mob with 10 to 40 damage (cant remember) she is a mob with potential infinity hp, 10 to 40 damage, damage buff to everyone and the ability of being healed/increase damage/increase shield duration or being unsummoned before wendy recieve the only penalty for having such balanced helper

her shield is so good that she can receive only 75 damage from 6 worms reducing even more the downsides and management needed to play wendy which makes her a brain death character which is very boring

"but you can beat the game with wes" sure but that doesnt mean anybody likes to play with console commands

I feel ya there Wendy and Webber are pretty much the best example of throwing balance out the window the game has.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Thats only if they all attack at roughly the same time, otherwise she will take the full force of the attacks after the initial one

You still have to help her to deal with the stronger mods.

1 minute ago, Dollmaker said:

Thats only if they all attack at roughly the same time, otherwise she will take the full force of the attacks after the initial one

You still have to help her to deal with the stronger mods.

which is pretty much all the time since you wanna sync them

1 minute ago, Dollmaker said:

You still have to help her to deal with the stronger mods

wow, and it shouldnt be like that? she already has a portable infinity durability aoe weapon

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I feel ya there Wendy and Webber are pretty much the best example of throwing balance out the window the game has.

Well I mean when return of them first came out Webber could not tame shattered spiders, he even had a quote about he himself being scared of the way they look, flash forward to his rework and he can now befriend them just like all other spiders.

Personally I was looking forward to a Spider type that generally disliked other spiders types finally giving Webber an Area of the game he can completely ignore (spiders as a threat)

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well I mean when return of them first came out Webber could not tame shattered spiders, he even had a quote about he himself being scared of the way they look, flash forward to his rework and he can now befriend them just like all other spiders.

Personally I was looking forward to a Spider type that generally disliked other spiders types finally giving Webber an Area of the game he can completely ignore (spiders as a threat)

I didn't say he wasn't fun or interesting I just feel he feels less like a survivor and more like a character you play when your in the mood for a power fantasy steamrolling everything in sight.

Btw pretty sure that was a bug he was able to tame them before this update.

At risk of stating the obvious: most characters have a niche that they excel in. They are designed to be more powerful than anyone else within their particular niche, because that's what makes them fun to play.

Additionally, Klei made some of them easier to play (and thus more powerful) than others on purpose, as a means of selecting your difficulty level.

OPedness is a feature, not a bug.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

which is pretty much all the time since you wanna sync them

wow, and it shouldnt be like that? she already has a portable infinity durability aoe weapon

So? yeah Abigail can do aoe dmg, but said dmg is based around Day time, and it requires a potion to change it to full force, even if she is a full force on caves due to permanent darkness, a lot of the enemies down there cant be perma stunned like spiders.

Like others have mentioned, Wendy has her niche, like most characters do.

2 minutes ago, QuQuasar said:

At risk of stating the obvious: most characters have a niche that they excel in. They are designed to be more powerful than anyone else within their particular niche, because that's what makes them fun to play.

Additionally, Klei made some of them easier to play (and thus more powerful) than others on purpose, as a means of selecting your difficulty level.

OPedness is a feature, not a bug.

I can understand the argument but the issue is combat is a major part of the game it provides you with resources that make every other aspect of the game easier and if you have 2 characters who trivialize it to that degree it kind of cheapens the overall feel of things for example imagine if you had a character who had infinite hp no other character is effected by it but that still cheapens the experience right?

The thing I don’t understand is when Wendy had proper Nerfs, people complained about them.. such as- Her rework with Ectoherbology is Awesome & when it first came out- required the player to take significantly longer treks across the constant to locate the missing ghostly belongings for Pipspook, this WAS Wendy’s balance- a time consuming trek across the map to find lost stuffs to make Abigail more powerful with her potions.

But people complained it was “too time consuming” And Klei swiftly nerfed it to be short easy quests. 

Woodie used to be OP.. now he catches hell during the Moonstorm event <— keep this in mind before you say X character or Y feature is too OP, it is all subject to change.

But people complained it was “too time consuming” And Klei swiftly nerfed it to be short easy quests. 

They still take some time tbf. 

And in usual Klei fashion, good luck figuring out what the hell youre supposed to do without a guide.

(I didnt knew about the ghost leaning toward the goal when far away) 

Archived