best dst player

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’d disagree for several reasons- if the developers are seriously considering changes like “elevated lands” or “progressively changing worlds” then they’re the only ones capable of testing such changes to the game- in a way… it’s like they build and test drive your car before handing you the keys.

yeah but there are people who have more experience at the things they add than even themselves like them saying fuelweaver would be impossible solo but then people still beat it solo

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’d disagree for several reasons- if the developers are seriously considering changes like “elevated lands” or “progressively changing worlds” then they’re the only ones capable of testing such changes to the game- in a way… it’s like they build and test drive your car before handing you the keys.

so mad respect has to go out to them. We only get to play what WORKS but can you imagine all the stuff they’ve tried that didn’t quite pan out the way they had hoped? 

Man... they use console commands to check if there is bugs or something too imba but most of them have family , a work or they simply dont enjoy to play the game ( you know, they already expend +8h daily with the game, they need to rest from the game)

But if you think that when they released wanda was because a dev created a world and experience all the content possible... no mike, that is not how it works

And if you are curious just check any klei stream since you can clearly see that they arent confortable playing the game

Also, that you program a game doesnt mean you know the game. If you are programing the AI of the moonstorm birds doesnt mean that you will also work on creating CC. So maybe zark knows how the pause system works perfect but maybe he doesnt know anything about how RWYS works, maybe that was scott and at the same time maybe scott doesnt know nothing about DF mechanics because was jason who worked on that (is an example, idk who worked on what)

Also everybody can read the code and isnt a hard to understand code so everybody with time and a little of lua knowledge can know a lot more about the game than any dev that only works in certain and specific things

In my opinion, I can't weigh in because most if not all submissions in this thread will be subjective because of how there isn't any reliable governing body, metric or even quantifier defining what precisely is "best".

Furthermore, there are many regions of expertise within DST, although there are those that stick out the most, I suppose, like combat, obviously. But i also suppose a blanket statement of "best" should include all the fields.

Best DST players list:

• The unknown Asian player
  • That one unknown player everyone calls "Me" Mario from the super mario franchise
    • Actually, that unknown player is Mario from the super mario franchise as he's the one who calls himself "Me" all the time (Thanks at @__IvoCZE__ for pointing that out)
  • Nobody.

List of players who definitely aren't the best DST players:

• You (There's always somebody around who's better than you and if there's somebody around who's better than you then you aren't the best anymore.)
  • Klei developers (They already confirmed they don't play DST and can't get past first winter)

6 minutes ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

It's a sandbox game, so I can't comfortably say who is good at the game or not.

well i mean to any game there is always a meta even if its a sandbox or not there is always a single best method or some methods are tied for best

8 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

...I'm the worst DST player ever.

Soloes AFw and CC -> "I'm worst player eva"; meanwhile that 1k DST h Wilson camping by gate, ditching DC and Bear randomly on map and starving in Mosaic must be a pretty decent player, as it happens.

In past, before pubs and lag, I would've written: perhaps "best player" is the one Wes doing 1 HP Ruins&Bosses runs. Now, after experiencing a myriad of lag & rubberbanding situations, I'll put my "da bes" money on whatever player does ...full HP Wes/Maxwell successful Ruins&Bosses runs.. on random pubs with > 70-100 ping and "Lag Compensation: Predictive".

Archived