Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Cookie95

Is Wurt an abandoned character?

Recommended Posts

Masked Koopa    651
22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

For some reason I get the feeling you weren’t one of the people who bought Assassins Creed Unity when it first released were you?

The goalposts don't change every time a developer pulls more egregious garbage. What ubisoft did there was unacceptable and unethical. What klei has done is unacceptable and unethical. What ubisoft has done is worse. What klei has done is still not ok. It's really that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HowlVoid    8458

Lets all take a step back and at least wait until the halloween thing is over. There is no use trying to get their attention on this right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shosuko    5270
1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Tough cookies. You want to sell something, you make sure it works. If they can't justify it they should have thought about that before they started selling it. This isn't their first time making a game.

The level of "works" vs "not works" with wurt is hardly enough to warrant her being pulled from the shelves.  I played wurt a lot and besides losing merm workers when their loyalty ran, and her perks being generally high effort / low reward, I didn't have any problems with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masked Koopa    651
5 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

The level of "works" vs "not works" with wurt is hardly enough to warrant her being pulled from the shelves.  I played wurt a lot and besides losing merm workers when their loyalty ran, and her perks being generally high effort / low reward, I didn't have any problems with her.

I mean, that's your opinion on the matter, and I disagree with it. I'm not going to insist that everyone see things the same way as me, but in my eyes the merms getting lost is a huge problem for her design since it can make her relatively expensive structures just flat out stop working in a way that some users might never figure out, given that some game areas are rarely visited more than once or twice.

 

20 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Lets all take a step back and at least wait until the halloween thing is over. There is no use trying to get their attention on this right now.

At this point it's more a case of striking while the iron's hot. I think it's important to keep the conversation going as long as possible so klei doesn't feel that simply ignoring the issue is a viable option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALCRD    2374
5 hours ago, Baark0 said:

Wurt's real downside is 90% of hats look weird and that forces you to rush lunar champion for the crown which actually looks normal on her.

"Rushing Lunar champion" ... damn i wish i could learn such power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
W0l0l0    1078
4 hours ago, Cowboy Maxwell said:

Maybe they've been quiet because they have plans for Wurt they don't want to reveal yet? Perhaps she'll be the first to get a rework in 2022. Anything is possible.

Don't get your hopes up. Not to say Klei isn't usually awesome (they typically are), they don't really seem to enjoy revisiting characters. Plus you'll never be disappointed that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scrimbles    5014

I don't think Klei is going to do anything about it. Wurt has issues, Walter has major clipping issues with hats, and both characters are super half baked gameplay wise, and nothing has been said or done about it.

Old content rarely seems to get touched unless its a major issue, or a QoL update. I don't see Wurt (or Walter) getting anything like that any time soon, if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    1714
7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not true in the slightest, Wurt actually got several good buffs with recent content updates.

Reap What You Sow made Wurts life significantly easier, the various sea fishies with Hook, Line & Inker also helped to further support Wurt.

So obviously she’s not “Abandoned” but she’s not as important as other updates at the moment- like finishing the remaining character reworks. 
 

Now do keep in mind that Webber’s Rework added new content to the game that effects other characters- Not just Webber (Aka Spider Queens now having Nurse Spiders) Webber also received even more new spider friends in Klei’s most recent game content update with Water Strider spiders in the Water Logged update.

Rather you intended for your post to sound hostile & rude or not that’s how it comes off to me: But as my above examples with Webber clearly show- Klei could have future content updates that directly impact Wurts gameplay.

They will get to her WHEN they get to her, until then just be patient.

The fish perk was given to Wurt to compensate hook line and sinker being the biggest nerf in dst history which is why it remained my most hated update the fish perk will never make up for the removal of fish stacking on a character who uses them for crafting and tributes I would throw the fish perk in the trash if it meant they reverted that update.

7 hours ago, Geo95 said:

Hello everyone, l've been lurking for a long time but this is my first post here. Every now and then there are threads discussing Wurt's numerous bugs, but I've yet to see the devs adress any of the issues. Since Wurt is a paid for character, it seems reasonable to expect bugs related to her and her gameplay be a priority to fix. Instead in the 2 years since her release the devs haven't even acknowledged said bugs, despite them being repeatedly brought to light by community members. Klei is usually eager to patch other bugs (even if the players enjoy them) but when it turns to Wurt... well she might as well not exist.

Yea bugs that make her more stressful than fun have run wild for 2 years now with no words on fixes read the most recent update thread if you want to see just how forgotten she is your not imagining things.

4 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Its hard to justify that much time, especially when only a small fraction of the playerbase (no matter how vocal here) are effected by the bug.

This is a paid/craftable character who has only gotten more tedious to play post launch when fish stacking was a thing if her not being popular enough is a good reason not to fix her that's just messed up.

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

The level of "works" vs "not works" with wurt is hardly enough to warrant her being pulled from the shelves.  I played wurt a lot and besides losing merm workers when their loyalty ran, and her perks being generally high effort / low reward, I didn't have any problems with her.

Her follower mechanic is plagued by bugs and unfinished ai on a follower based character I think that's plenty good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shosuko    5270
2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

This is a paid/craftable character who has only gotten more tedious to play post launch when fish stacking was a thing if her not being popular enough is a good reason not to fix her that's just messed up.

Every time I hear someone point out how wurt is a "cash money DLC $$ bling bling" character I have visions of Karens spinning around in a store grasping at sympathy straws when they're probably double couponing and price matching every single transaction while giving the employees their worst shift of the week...  Yeah you can pay 6 bucks for her, or you can use 2700 spools...

Wurt is probably played by less than 1% of the playerbase* and besides some bugs with merm ai, she is functional.  Sure her abilities are high cost, probably too high for the benefits you get, but they work.  Walter is in the same boat.  They could both use another pass - but they are both also pretty low priority compared to events, broad qol, and new content.  Even if you did pay for her that doesn't entitle you to dev time.

What we can hope for is that as they are doing refreshes they'll take a second pass at some of the less satisfactory ones.  What we can demand is nothing.  Buyers remorse isn't Klei's fault.

*I don't have the link but there is a generated statistics which shows how much % each character is played.  Yeah that does matter when you're allocating $dev time$ which doesn't get compensated for in spool redemptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frosty_Mentos    2350

Considering that they've gotta juggle between event updates, reworks and rework animations then also a collab with Terraria after having to conclude the beginning of Them arc - I feel like she's prolly in least priority to deal with right now over the visual bugs she has. 

Though, overall it's been a while I feel like she still deserves the attention. Funny thing to say but there's been plenty of bugs they've had to deal with after adding that much of content into the game, so... yea. Kinda least priority when the game is needed to function to be playable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    7035

I think the "paid" argument should be dropped since spool is infact free and you get a steady amount of them every week.

if you paid real money for wurt then you should just consider it a donation to klei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masked Koopa    651
57 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Every time I hear someone point out how wurt is a "cash money DLC $$ bling bling" character I have visions of Karens spinning around in a store grasping at sympathy straws when they're probably double couponing and price matching every single transaction while giving the employees their worst shift of the week...  Yeah you can pay 6 bucks for her, or you can use 2700 spools...

Wurt is probably played by less than 1% of the playerbase* and besides some bugs with merm ai, she is functional.  Sure her abilities are high cost, probably too high for the benefits you get, but they work.  Walter is in the same boat.  They could both use another pass - but they are both also pretty low priority compared to events, broad qol, and new content.  Even if you did pay for her that doesn't entitle you to dev time.

What we can hope for is that as they are doing refreshes they'll take a second pass at some of the less satisfactory ones.  What we can demand is nothing.  Buyers remorse isn't Klei's fault.

*I don't have the link but there is a generated statistics which shows how much % each character is played.  Yeah that does matter when you're allocating $dev time$ which doesn't get compensated for in spool redemptions.

If you're not actually interested in contributing to the discussion, then please don't say anything my man. Your argument currently can be boiled down to "oh you didn't pay THAT much so it's ok that they're selling broken things". "Oh there's not THAT many people affected.". You literally may as well be defending phone scammers with arguments like that.

And I'm sorry if you think it's unreasonable to complain about something not working. But you've said your piece on why you think it's not that bad, and myself and others have said our reasoning for why we think it is. Noone is disrespecting your stance, so please have the same courtesy towards others. 

 

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I think the "paid" argument should be dropped since spool is infact free and you get a steady amount of them every week.

if you paid real money for wurt then you should just consider it a donation to klei

Mate. You're well aware that the amount of time needed to weave a character purely from spools is above what the average player is gonna be putting in, yeah? Like I get the Klei forums is nerd paradise, but have some perspective here my dude - most of the things people are getting are things worth 5 or 15 spools. 

Also, Klei isn't a charity or a kickstarter funded indie dev. The only people "donating" to them are people with unconditional adoration. They're a corporation, and they are in the business of making money. If new characters didn't make money, they wouldn't cost spools, because why limit a recipient of the then obviously more profitable skins to a certain group of players? The fact that it's possible to get Wurt through very consistent skin collecting or via klei's promo links doesn't change the fact that they're selling her, and people are buying her. And no, they're not trying to donate to klei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    17498
56 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

Mate. You're well aware that the amount of time needed to weave a character purely from spools is above what the average player is gonna be putting in, yeah? Like I get the Klei forums is nerd paradise, but have some perspective here my dude - most of the things people are getting are things worth 5 or 15 spools

they litelly give you 2000 spools with the trick or treat chest when login and in the reward page you can buy more spools

what do you expect, characters at the cost of 500 spools so casuals can access dlc for free and people who play a lot no needing to buy anything but getting free updates? ofc isnt something you can farm in few days but isnt as close as anyother game in terms of how much stuff you get

see as example cs:go needing to pay to open chest that only contains ugly skins that are bassically a colour change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zacqiang    364
10 hours ago, Dextops said:

She’s so far back in the closet of priorities I found my mothers love for me

At least your mother loved you once :crushed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    14215

From a console players perspective who just got a game update less then 7 hours ago to fix a horrible crash that prevented us from playing the game at all in Summer, AND as a platform that suffers extremely high levels of Lagging to the point that trying to run away from a single lagging Beefalo as Wanda CAN Kill you (because in addition to you lagging your health is constantly ticking down) I would Justifiably be able to say that Wurts problems are Minimal.

I would know- I own Wurt… shes one of my favorite characters bugs and all, but UNLIKE Wanda on Xbox Series X/S, Wurt is actually Playable.

Which is More then I could say for the console version of the game ever since the Hallowed Nights began.

This isn’t the FIRST time console players were plagued with a nasty crash- a few years back and ironically around the time of Hallowed Nights- Console (Xbox Only) players game would freeze up and actually shut off their game console if they equipped a Torch with the “Tragic Torch Skin” due to it being the Holidays and Klei staff taking a break from all their hard work to enjoy time with their families- this Bug remained in the game from the Hallowed Nights, through WintersFeast.. all the way up until the Year of The event started.

That’s over two months.

But wait Year of the Carrat came out, and let us have cute little pet Carrats to race around on race courses.. that was fun, but when the event ended.. Klei removed the character quotes they had for Carrats during the event, which meant- If you still had a Carrat in your Inventory as a pet and you put him on a Carrat Podium to Inspect- Your game would freeze up and again: Completely power off your console..

So Hats look abnormally large on Wurt.. Big deal, she’s supposed to be younger then the other characters, it’s going to look about like putting your adult sized hat on your toddler- The hats not going to “shrink” to fit Wurts smaller head.

The Merm A.I. bug is a little more validated but even that DOES NOT FREEZE UP AND CRASH YOUR CONSOLE making her Unplayable.

The TL:DR- Wurt is perfectly playable… and that’s why fixing your complaints about her are low priority on Klei doing other things like new content, finishing character reworks, keeping contractional Crossover deal obligations, finishing their promised Roadmap schedule, Fixing actual prioritized game breaking bugs… ETC.

But: There is a second QoL coming the one we got this month was “added in as Bonus” if Wurt doesn’t get some touch ups during that second planned QoL I’ll be shocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
__IvoCZE__    10446

Mike, please stop trying to invalidate other opinions of issues solely because a game crash that happened on a port of a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    14215
7 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Mike, please stop trying to invalidate other opinions of issues solely because a game crash that happened on a port of a game.

That’s ironic to say considering that I paid money for that “port” and it’s a product I bought expecting to work.. like the people here complaining about buying Wurt and expecting her to work..

UNLIKE my console port- Wurt actually Works and like it or not: is perfectly playable, you can’t be sitting here trying to tell me something that wasn’t playable at all isn’t justifiably more important then your Minor Wurt bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    1714
3 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Every time I hear someone point out how wurt is a "cash money DLC $$ bling bling" character I have visions of Karens spinning around in a store grasping at sympathy straws when they're probably double couponing and price matching every single transaction while giving the employees their worst shift of the week...  Yeah you can pay 6 bucks for her, or you can use 2700 spools...

Wurt is probably played by less than 1% of the playerbase* and besides some bugs with merm ai, she is functional.  Sure her abilities are high cost, probably too high for the benefits you get, but they work.  Walter is in the same boat.  They could both use another pass - but they are both also pretty low priority compared to events, broad qol, and new content.  Even if you did pay for her that doesn't entitle you to dev time.

What we can hope for is that as they are doing refreshes they'll take a second pass at some of the less satisfactory ones.  What we can demand is nothing.  Buyers remorse isn't Klei's fault.

*I don't have the link but there is a generated statistics which shows how much % each character is played.  Yeah that does matter when you're allocating $dev time$ which doesn't get compensated for in spool redemptions.

First off I said paid and craftable and you say a very very small portion of the playerbase is playing the character I wonder why? You say they work but even ignoring the bugs merms have no names making it hard to manage them, they don't have a low loyalty animation once again something making them hard to manage without a stopwatch features available to other followers. Also calling people entitled for expecting some fixes to a character after 2 years is mind blowing to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    17498
4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

merms have no names making it hard to manage them

is that hard to feed everybody and remember which one you already fed? I have been playing +4k days as wurt and i never even though of the need of names, like if with pigs that were actually used lol

 

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

First off I said paid and craftable and you say a very very small portion of the playerbase is playing the character I wonder why?

because most players are unexperience or didnt have enought hours to tried all the free characters so why would they buy one if they can use that spools for crafting skins for the rest of the free cast? man, wigfrid and wendy are free so i dont think is a problem with the character but what people enjoy the most and dst being a difficult game to learn you cant be surprised if the most played characters are the free ones that also are the easier to survie as and the less played are the harder or locked ones (which with some characters both tags can be applied like wurt, wanda or wormwood)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toros    2996

The reasoning behind “you can’t expect unpopular characters to get bugfix attention” is ignoring the fact that characters become less popular when they have bugs.

I believe Wanda has fantastic design from top to bottom, as does Wormwood.

You can really see a gulf in cohesiveness between Wanda’s kit and Wurt or Walter’s kit.

Wurt and Walter both have a random grab bag of perks of varying value that  especially with Wurt don’t drive any defined playstyle.

Wurt benefits from a couple ocean fish for temperature management, but trading with the merm king (who is tedious to keep alive) is disappointing so fishing is of questionable value.

Similarly, Wurt can not lose sanity in rain and is immune to tool slip, but there is no incentive to not stay dry like other characters because wet food spoils faster and in most seasons you can freeze.  So how does that perk help you?

As far as hats not fitting I believe it’s due to wanting to make wurt slightly shorter than other characters which frankly was a poor design decision to begin with and inconsistent with webber and wendy who don’t have the same issues with clothing.

Also, I am still annoyed that we have a fishy survivor who is unable to swim to cross water and that niche is solely the domain of a bird hating lumberjack who can become a goose.

Imagine a wurt design that encouraged and embraced sailing around and ocean resources, instead of being split between “make a land based merm empire” and “I guess you can use 2 seasonal fish to stay warm or hot easily and eat raw kelp?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALCRD    2374
2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because most players are unexperience or didnt have enought hours to tried all the free characters so why would they buy one if they can use that spools for crafting skins for the rest of the free cast? man, wigfrid and wendy are free so i dont think is a problem with the character but what people enjoy the most and dst being a difficult game to learn you cant be surprised if the most played characters are the free ones that also are the easier to survie as and the less played are the harder or locked ones (which with some characters both tags can be applied like wurt, wanda or wormwood)

Honestly i find Wormwood to be harder to play than Wanda. In terms of combat and self preservation at least.

Then again i cheesed Wanda's crafts with the Celestial Portal cause i was lucky enough to get the Suspicious Boulder quite early.

So i didn't even have to set foot in the ruins.

To sum up Increased kiting range , decent to very good damage, heals / damage stopping on demand and being able to withdraw from dangerous area at a whim. Wanda is really darn good.

However i am having troubles with inventory managing as her.. and keeping track of my Backtrek anchor points.

"Time to return to surface" *accidently uses the Ruins backtrek watch instead*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    1714
3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s ironic to say considering that I paid money for that “port” and it’s a product I bought expecting to work.. like the people here complaining about buying Wurt and expecting her to work..

UNLIKE my console port- Wurt actually Works and like it or not: is perfectly playable, you can’t be sitting here trying to tell me something that wasn’t playable at all isn’t justifiably more important then your Minor Wurt bugs.

No people have simply adapted she doesn't "work" having merms go missing in action after investing into their built houses and saying this is fine because she has a fish perk that was made to compensate the massive nerf she got from fish not stacking is the equivalent of if wigfrid's damage modifier broke in her update making her do normal damage/defense and people started saying "well atleast you have songs and her kit still fuctions she techincally isn't broken".

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that hard to feed everybody and remember which one you already fed? I have been playing +4k days as wurt and i never even though of the need of names, like if with pigs that were actually used lol

The names were more of a bare min really a low loyalty reminder was what I'd ideally hope for while a reminder isn't neededfor short tasks before I stopped using merms for much I liked bringing them with me places since I assumed they were meant to multipurpose but it seems webber fills the role for long term followers now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notecja    2866

For me Wurt only suffers from merm AI. So rather merms need to be fixed than Wurt herself. (Yeah I know hat issue, but fixing that might be more hard that it seems, or just would require same size of wurt sprite as other characters). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites