Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Cookie95

Is Wurt an abandoned character?

Recommended Posts

Masked Koopa    653
Just now, Karitha said:

I believe her relationship with both of kinds should be fixed. But the main problem is the swamps, swamps are dead barrens.

I do have to agree with this. Why not add wild durians or some sort of swamp themed berry bush? Are we to believe merms survive off of swamp muck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karitha    3456
7 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I do have to agree with this. Why not add wild durians or some sort of swamp themed berry bush? Are we to believe merms survive off of swamp muck?

My friends never let me base at swamps.

Making swamp more dangerous but more rewarding would be a smart decission. Also there should be things that wurt can craft to make swamps safer for other characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karitha    3456
46 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

What? Is the most alive biome and anyways idk why this affects wurt

Alive doesn't mean a terror place with random fights, alive means usefull resources with creature variety.

Marsh biome is more like swamp in DST. Specially in trailers, it doesn't look like marshes.

If DST swamps are swamps, it would look much much better if it would look like mangrove biome from sw. I would want to see more water and sticky contents.

If DST swamps are marshes, it would look much much better if it would look like SW marshes. I would be happy to see poisoning mechanics

But sadly DST swamps is a biome with black turf that have regular spiders, annoying tentacles and stupid mosqutios with almost useless drops. Reeds are don't have that much point to have it everytime unlike cactuses. There is worse biomes in DST but there is no else that strongly connected to the swamps.

inb4 you can build your base with turfs
This thing doesn't change the "wurt is a swamp based character" fact. She builded to live in swamp and she shows her all potential in swamp.

sorry if i write in a bad grammar, i write it in hurry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    17505
10 minutes ago, Karitha said:

Alive doesn't mean a terror place with random fights, alive means usefull resources with creature variety.

Marsh biome is more like swamp in DST. Specially in trailers, it doesn't look like marshes.

If DST swamps are swamps, it would look much much better if it would look like mangrove biome from sw. I would want to see more water and sticky contents.

If DST swamps are marshes, it would look much much better if it would look like SW marshes. I would be happy to see poisoning mechanics

But sadly DST swamps is a biome with black turf that have regular spiders, annoying tentacles and stupid mosqutios with almost useless drops. Reeds are don't have that much point to have it everytime unlike cactuses. There is worse biomes in DST but there is no else that strongly connected to the swamps.

inb4 you can build your base with turfs
This thing doesn't change the "wurt is a swamp based character" fact. She builded to live in swamp and she shows her all potential in swamp.

sorry if i write in a bad grammar, i write it in hurry.

 

i guet your point and i would love some transition between the swamp and the sea with a mangrove biome or the lilipads from @Hornete's mod but there is biomes in need of a refresh or additions like half of the cave biomes, rocky biome, grasslands, dark forest (why we have like 4 kinds of dark forest totally the same?), second decidious, etc

atleast you revisit the swamp to get reeds or to farm loot from mob fights and there is more variety of mobs than in most biomes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    1722
18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

WURT can’t interact with Pigmen & I would prefer it if she also couldn’t with the Bunnymen either- this is strictly a YOU Problem if your just going to sit & say “Why use Merms when these other recruitable followers work better?”

I mean thru specific means she can get pig followers but even then bunnymen are just better at combat than merms in general and you can say it's me problem but when most Wurt players ignore what should be a core upgrade I think it's design problem. When a character is based around followers you should want to use those followers because they accel at something the game should not wall you it should make your exclusive followers feel special webber nailed this even if you ignore the addition of nurses his followers have traits that are impactful and he possesses items that allow him to command and heal them

 

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

uncompromising wilderness survival game

I don't think this applies to this game anymore tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lollipop112    25

Ahh 

I hope she will be better soon

90% reason i will play her  because she's cute.She's the type that works hard.  but received less return.(I'm new player everything hard for me but hey I'm just commenting ):wilsondisappointed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pikapikap    1608
14 minutes ago, lollipop112 said:

Ahh 

I hope she will be better soon

90% reason i will play her  because she's cute.She's the type that works hard.  but received less return.(I'm new player everything hard for me but hey I'm just commenting ):wilsondisappointed:

Welcome to DST! We all want it fixed, and how long it takes is up to the developers of klei. I hope they have their own plans after seeing so many posts. wurt need some love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lollipop112    25
17 hours ago, Pikapikap said:

Welcome to DST! We all want it fixed, and how long it takes is up to the developers of klei. I hope they have their own plans after seeing so many posts. wurt need some love.

I hope so 

I've noticed that new characters and remakes will be accessible to both new and old players. I hope her get the bug fixed. and can reach some new players. :cry: I want to play her so much but she have some bug or mechanic I do not understand about her when wolf or boss com to attack all merm and they don't do anything!! it sadly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pikapikap    1608
24 minutes ago, lollipop112 said:

I hope so 

I've noticed that new characters and remakes will be accessible to both new and old players. I hope her get the bug fixed. and can reach some new players. :cry: I want to play her so much but she have some bug or mechanic I do not understand about her when wolf or boss com to attack all merm and they don't do anything!! it sadly

It's up to the klei developers to decide when to fix them. These issues have been mentioned for a long time.It's gonna break a lot of people's hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Erineyes7    929

Been Playing Wurt recently and just

Ughhhhhh

Wurts a slow character I get it, it's about growing into an empire and sort of making the constant a place for merms, that's really cool!

But then these merms get lost and my only real option to get them home efficiently is to Kill them. How is this even still a bug. No Merm spawns in winter has got to go, 1/4th of the year and Wurt can't even use her only mechanic.

Them Merm King is all heaps of hot mess, as a concept of something to pacify all merms, and be an alternative to the pig king, he's awesome! But in execution he's horrible in every way. His "Loot" is nothing more than garbage that I already was farming with the Kelp fronds from the lunar island, and the seeds can't even be for dragon fruit, so they have the same value as the ones that constantly drop from birds. Feeding him is horrible, this absolutely has to go if that's the only change they make to him. As Hornete said the merms will just become hostile again after he dies, and because of the way the disguise works (6 Days btw) It's useless, so the only option is to only build Merms out of the way, when instead they should be built wherever they could be needed, and helpful to everyone. 

Wurt is a cool concept, but a really messy execution. There's stuff to work with in here, but it feels unfinished:wilson_resigned:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    14227

Yo how the heck is Wurts hostile Merms any different from me joining a server of Webber’s or Non Monster characters with Pigmen houses and Spider Nests everywhere as Wortox?

Its not.. and Klei can’t change that, because it effects PvP (an actual game mode that no matter how over looked it is is still in the game)

If I get punched around by player built pig houses or spider nests- Don’t expect Merms to not punch you around as well.

Thats just not even a bug.. 

Other things like Merms getting lost might be, but killing them Respawn them, and even pigs get lost sometimes.

So it’s a shared Bug.

The only thing I really dislike about Wurt is the Merm King, his loot sucks, and when he’s active Merms become pacifists and won’t even protect one another- it’s stupid.

Your actually better off playing Wurt without ever creating the Royal Tapestry.

And Merms not spawning in Winter?? Was this something they added recently or do you only mean her own buildable Merm structures? Because I’m pretty sure the games default Merms still spawn in Winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lollipop112    25
1 hour ago, Pikapikap said:

It's up to the klei developers to decide when to fix them. These issues have been mentioned for a long time.It's gonna break a lot of people's hearts.

Thank alot bro. I play this game 190h+ I just wont to learn so much thing:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    14227

Okay so a couple things to note: Merms don’t just take off and try to go home- what is ACTUALLY happening is you have given them a recent command, (chop tree, mine rock, fight enemy.. etc) these Merms are VERY Dedicated to this task and will run off to chop down any tree/break any Boulder they sense around them.. (the returning home animation has them walk and very slowly, not run.. running is to chop/fight/mine)

I have not found a way to simply get them to NOT run off and attempt to complete chop/fight/mine tasks, but- I have found a work around for it- if you notice one of your Merms run off screen it’s not going “home” at least not in most cases it’s not, it’s actually trying to finish its Mining/Chopping job.

Wurt AND Maxwell BOTH could use a “Light” Rework in this area, making Merms & Shadow Miners only Mine/Chop on command & stop when you don’t want them to dedicate their life to the job. Make it like Soothing/Riling Up Abigail, While your at it- When a KING is elected let us choose rather the Merm Kingdom is Passive or Aggressive by interacting with the Royal Tapestry.

Some Wurt tips for people who don’t play her often: Her Merm buildings can be quite costly in wood, but hiring a Merm to work for you can be done by a variety of ways- Veggies, light flowers, raw red cap (still a veggie but they insta-hire) Several stacks of rot, seeds, or even a Pet Fish. All that’s left is for you to hit a tree ONCE with an Axe and watch as your hired help does everything else.

As far as Fish not stacking in Wurts Inventory.. you can just do This-

73DB4BF8-1ED2-464B-91C4-8C9025BA4D85.gif.f61041d6b20c05df2d00f53cbe79104e.gif

Yup.. apparently you can stack them in your followers inventory then let them die to something like Swamp Tentacle and get back all the “pets” you gave them in addition to the extra they drop upon dying.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JazzyGames    1757

Wurt lover here.

As much as it pains me to read the criticisms I can't help but agree with too many of them. I'm only surprised that the gold issue has only been mentioned once, because for me that was the one aspect of her character that was a completely unavoidable crutch of a 2k+ day Wurt megabase. The merm guards I made a habit of just buildling where I planned on using them because of the pathfinding bug, so I just accepted that I couldn't bring them away from their homes. Which really sucked because those puppies were not cheap. But in the lategame it wasn't impossible to simply build more guards.

But the gold has always been my primary scruple. Losing the pig king as a source of renewable gold has never made sense from a gameplay or a storyline perspective. Add gold to the merm king's loot table. That for me would go a very long way in improving the character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie95    371
2 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

Wurt lover here.

As much as it pains me to read the criticisms I can't help but agree with too many of them. I'm only surprised that the gold issue has only been mentioned once, because for me that was the one aspect of her character that was a completely unavoidable crutch of a 2k+ day Wurt megabase. The merm guards I made a habit of just buildling where I planned on using them because of the pathfinding bug, so I just accepted that I couldn't bring them away from their homes. Which really sucked because those puppies were not cheap. But in the lategame it wasn't impossible to simply build more guards.

But the gold has always been my primary scruple. Losing the pig king as a source of renewable gold has never made sense from a gameplay or a storyline perspective. Add gold to the merm king's loot table. That for me would go a very long way in improving the character.

You are absolutely right, I believe the only reason the gold issue wasn't mentioned is because most people tend to swap characters in long lasting worlds. If I'm playing Wurt I'll most certainly change to another character just to trade with pk and then change back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowDuelist    10342
On 11/2/2021 at 11:54 PM, Mike23Ua said:

And Merms not spawning in Winter?? Was this something they added recently or do you only mean her own buildable Merm structures? Because I’m pretty sure the games default Merms still spawn in Winter.

It was always a thing for Wurt’s merms (only affects the ones that come out of her buildings). And yeah, the naturally spawning ones still come out during winter.

I think it was meant to be a con of Wurt, or maybe a way so other characters can go into Wurt’s fortresses without having to fight their way through. It ended up being a half baked thing.

4 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

I'm only surprised that the gold issue has only been mentioned once, because for me that was the one aspect of her character that was a completely unavoidable crutch of a 2k+ day Wurt megabase.

I can understand that in a completely “clean” ONLY WURT gameplay.

With the current mechanics of the game I found myself swapping to Wigfrid once every 2 in game years and spent a couple of days trading all the ruins and merm king trinkets, plus lots of bundled eggs with PK (it’s not trading what takes a lot of time, but picking them up) Converted a big bunch of all of those into battle helmets (mostly for the merms) and filled a LOT of chests and bundles in gold, then swapped back. It didn’t feel like a con, more like a chore you do every couple of years.
 

Never found myself gold starved that way, so it’s not really working as a true con: There is really no reason why the merm king (or some other NPC other that pig king) couldn’t give gold to Wurt, and prevent us from having to do that nuisance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    14227
2 hours ago, Geo95 said:

You are absolutely right, I believe the only reason the gold issue wasn't mentioned is because most people tend to swap characters in long lasting worlds. If I'm playing Wurt I'll most certainly change to another character just to trade with pk and then change back.

Honestly? Wurt is a character designed to excel best in a Cave, she can wear as little as a top hat and carry a pet fish (or Star-Sky which also counts a Pet Fish) to constantly GAIN Sanity, she also no longer loses Sanity or suffers any negative effects from being wet by the caves leaking in raining, Sure you may not get gold in massive quantities as her- like you could if you just traded with Pig King, but gold literally rains from the skies down in a Cave & she can basically “live” down there without ever needing to return to the surface off eating just raw mushrooms.

I like that to get Gold as Wurt I need to rely upon the games other methods of obtaining gold (meteor Shower, cave earthquake, etc) it’s something I feel makes Wurts gameplay a little more unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toros    2996
3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly? Wurt is a character designed to excel best in a Cave, she can wear as little as a top hat and carry a pet fish (or Star-Sky which also counts a Pet Fish) to constantly GAIN Sanity, she also no longer loses Sanity or suffers any negative effects from being wet by the caves leaking in raining, Sure you may not get gold in massive quantities as her- like you could if you just traded with Pig King, but gold literally rains from the skies down in a Cave & she can basically “live” down there without ever needing to return to the surface off eating just raw mushrooms.

I like that to get Gold as Wurt I need to rely upon the games other methods of obtaining gold (meteor Shower, cave earthquake, etc) it’s something I feel makes Wurts gameplay a little more unique.

Literally anyone can gain sanity in darkness with a tam, not that sanity is much of a concern anyway.

Also, and I’ve said it before, her wet perks are a lot less valuable than you’re describing them.  Being dry is just better than being wet, and Wurt is not immune to freezing in seasons she normally wouldn’t while dry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masked Koopa    653
9 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

Wurt lover here.

As much as it pains me to read the criticisms I can't help but agree with too many of them. I'm only surprised that the gold issue has only been mentioned once, because for me that was the one aspect of her character that was a completely unavoidable crutch of a 2k+ day Wurt megabase. The merm guards I made a habit of just buildling where I planned on using them because of the pathfinding bug, so I just accepted that I couldn't bring them away from their homes. Which really sucked because those puppies were not cheap. But in the lategame it wasn't impossible to simply build more guards.

But the gold has always been my primary scruple. Losing the pig king as a source of renewable gold has never made sense from a gameplay or a storyline perspective. Add gold to the merm king's loot table. That for me would go a very long way in improving the character.

(Apologies for untrimmed large quote I’m posting on a phone)

To me the gold issue is heavily contextual. I mean for one, early game gold is as common as it gets, and later on you don’t really need all that much given you’ll be using merms to do your chopping and mining. Plus if you make a dfly setup you can get a good chunk of gold every 20 days, plus some bonus from Klaus, earthquakes, etc, as well as mole worms if you want a dedicated farm. Obviously your mileage will vary, even between megabasers, but for general gameplay I don’t think it hinders her too much.

 

Not saying I would say no to adding gold trades for perhaps the corn fish, but time that’s more a content thing that while a valid request, is something we’re less entitled to than the bug fixes, which we have every right to expect a word on. 


Plus even if one can make merm guard setups wherever, you’re 100 spot on about the price. A stack of logs, 4 Flint, 6 grass, a tentacle spot, 4 twigs - that stuff really adds up when you’re making 10+ of them, even if they are more farmable than bunny puffs or pigskin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JazzyGames    1757
2 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

later on you don’t really need all that much given you’ll be using merms to do your chopping and mining. Plus if you make a dfly setup you can get a good chunk of gold every 20 days, plus some bonus from Klaus, earthquakes, etc, as well as mole worms if you want a dedicated farm. Obviously your mileage will vary, even between megabasers, but for general gameplay I don’t think it hinders her too much.

 

Not saying I would say no to adding gold trades for perhaps the corn fish, but time that’s more a content thing that while a valid request, is something we’re less entitled to than the bug fixes, which we have every right to expect a word on. 


Plus even if one can make merm guard setups wherever, you’re 100 spot on about the price. A stack of logs, 4 Flint, 6 grass, a tentacle spot, 4 twigs - that stuff really adds up when you’re making 10+ of them, even if they are more farmable than bunny puffs or pigskin.

For me the biggest consumers of late-game gold was scaled chests  10 nuggies a pop. Lightning rods ate them up too. Tools I did use incidentally while building so it was nice to have some extra gold for that.

I never made much of a Dfly setup when I realized that merm guards melted to Dfly the moment she enraged. So they weren't a great option for fighting her. Maybe if I had enough to deliver enough DPS to kill her before her larvae died it would have worked. But regardless, 4-8 gold per season wasn't gonna be enough for me.

FWIW I did try the moleworm route, it just seemed to not return that much gold. I may have averaged one nugget every 11 burrows, but that could have just been my luck.

I agree with the need for bug fixes - especially the ones concerning merm guards and how they interact with Wurt and enemies - but some of the visual glitches (hats not fitting properly, etc.) seem less urgent to me than fixing the gameplay experience of the character. Regardless, we are all in agreement that she could really benefit from a bit of extra attention. If not a rework, then at least a QoL patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spirit Glow    180
6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly? Wurt is a character designed to excel best in a Cave

I disagree. losing Merm King stats when entering caves actually suggests otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    14227
49 minutes ago, Spirit Glow said:

I disagree. losing Merm King stats when entering caves actually suggests otherwise.

I have only used Merm king TWICE because it’s just an absolutely horrible part of Wurts gameplay, with terrible loot drops once you elect a king- all the Merms in the entire server including naturally spawning Merm huts not made by Wurt, become Passive.

You would really only use a king if your going into a boss fight- for everything else- Normal Merms do just fine.

But you can always just build two different kingdoms- one on surface and one underground. (I still wouldn’t use a king for either one of them unless I just really needed them for an immediate fight.)

Edit: I ALSO Think Because Wurt is an ACTUAL MERM and Thus: Speaks & Understands the language of the species- That MERMS (not Pigmen “unless Wilba/Hamlet Shennanigans” not Bunnymen, not Spiders, not Rock Lobsters.. but-) MERMS AND MERMS ALONE should be allowed to become “More Intelligent” as in- Wurt can talk to them correct?

She can talk to them in their natural language like cats communicating with other cats.

So she could teach them the importance behind head armor, body armor and carrying around a nice sharp pointy weapon to deal additional damage like a Tentacle Spike.

To Clarify Wilson can’t make Pigs or Bunnymen more intelligent because Wilson isn’t a pig or Bunnyman- But WURT IS AN ACTUAL MERM…

Merms are also proven to be strong enough in raw power to simply PUNCH boulders apart, so Wurt should be able to let fully grown adult Merms carry heavy objects like chess pieces or statues for her with little penalty behind it (what I’m hopefully Wolfgangs Rework considers for Mermkind..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masked Koopa    653
1 hour ago, JazzyGames said:

For me the biggest consumers of late-game gold was scaled chests  10 nuggies a pop. Lightning rods ate them up too. Tools I did use incidentally while building so it was nice to have some extra gold for that.

I never made much of a Dfly setup when I realized that merm guards melted to Dfly the moment she enraged. So they weren't a great option for fighting her. Maybe if I had enough to deliver enough DPS to kill her before her larvae died it would have worked. But regardless, 4-8 gold per season wasn't gonna be enough for me.

FWIW I did try the moleworm route, it just seemed to not return that much gold. I may have averaged one nugget every 11 burrows, but that could have just been my luck.

I agree with the need for bug fixes - especially the ones concerning merm guards and how they interact with Wurt and enemies - but some of the visual glitches (hats not fitting properly, etc.) seem less urgent to me than fixing the gameplay experience of the character. Regardless, we are all in agreement that she could really benefit from a bit of extra attention. If not a rework, then at least a QoL patch.

Well that’s a big case by case I suppose, I know some folks never use scaled chests, but I’m always playing with friends so I don’t have to suffer as much as solo players do haha.

 

For what it’s worth - 30 merm guards are enough to stun her during her Larve phase near the end - and if she’s stunned while it ends she doesn’t enrage. You just have to build walls around the pools to stop your merms catching on fire. I do her every 20 days very consistently as a result of it being so easy with them + not costing anything except 30 juicy berries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites