Is Wurt an abandoned character?

Hello everyone, l've been lurking for a long time but this is my first post here. Every now and then there are threads discussing Wurt's numerous bugs, but I've yet to see the devs adress any of the issues. Since Wurt is a paid for character, it seems reasonable to expect bugs related to her and her gameplay be a priority to fix. Instead in the 2 years since her release the devs haven't even acknowledged said bugs, despite them being repeatedly brought to light by community members. Klei is usually eager to patch other bugs (even if the players enjoy them) but when it turns to Wurt... well she might as well not exist.

That’s not true in the slightest, Wurt actually got several good buffs with recent content updates.

Reap What You Sow made Wurts life significantly easier, the various sea fishies with Hook, Line & Inker also helped to further support Wurt.

So obviously she’s not “Abandoned” but she’s not as important as other updates at the moment- like finishing the remaining character reworks. 

Now do keep in mind that Webber’s Rework added new content to the game that effects other characters- Not just Webber (Aka Spider Queens now having Nurse Spiders) Webber also received even more new spider friends in Klei’s most recent game content update with Water Strider spiders in the Water Logged update.

Rather you intended for your post to sound hostile & rude or not that’s how it comes off to me: But as my above examples with Webber clearly show- Klei could have future content updates that directly impact Wurts gameplay.

They will get to her WHEN they get to her, until then just be patient.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not true in the slightest, Wurt actually got several good buffs with recent content updates.

Reap What You Sow made Wurts life significantly easier, the various sea fishies with Hook, Line & Inker also helped to further support Wurt.

So obviously she’s not “Abandoned” but she’s not as important as other updates at the moment- like finishing the remaining character reworks. 

Now do keep in mind that Webber’s Rework added new content to the game that effects other characters- Not just Webber (Aka Spider Queens now having Nurse Spiders) Webber also received even more new spider friends in Klei’s most recent game content update with Water Strider spiders in the Water Logged update.

Rather you intended for your post to sound hostile & rude or not that’s how it comes off to me: But as my above examples with Webber clearly show- Klei could have future content updates that directly impact Wurts gameplay.

They will get to her WHEN they get to her, until then just be patient.

I didn't mean to sound hostile and I'm sorry if it sounded like that. I love Klei but I don't think it's unreasonable of me to want the product I paid for not be faulty. Have you seen how most head items look on Wurt? This is a visual bug and not gameplay related. Also I'm not sure the new characters will get reworks...

59 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

These were indirect buffs to wurt. In fact they weren’t even wurt-exclusive buffs, really. I personally would say they don’t count, and even if they did they barely excuse wurt’s bugs that still haven’t been patched. That being said, there is almost definitely some reason as to why wurt has remained untouched over the years, despite people’s cries for changes. It would be nice if we knew why wurt has been “abandoned” for now but ultimately I think klei is already very transparent with us forum nerds, so I can’t really complain.

That is the hot question at the moment.

What has been unsettling at the moment is Klei's silence on the matter. Usually when there is a lot of public outcry they tend to make a statement... Until now.

People have been patient, for two years they have been patient. 

Personally don't think they have forgotten about her though. She has just been far back in their backlogs. If they have something planned for her then I'm sure Wurt mains would be at ease to hear any kind of news. 

8 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

That is the hot question at the moment.

What has been unsettling at the moment is Klei's silence on the matter. Usually when there is a lot of public outcry they tend to make a statement... Until now.

Maybe they've been quiet because they have plans for Wurt they don't want to reveal yet? Perhaps she'll be the first to get a rework in 2022. Anything is possible.

4 minutes ago, Cowboy Maxwell said:

Maybe they've been quiet because they have plans for Wurt they don't want to reveal yet? Perhaps she'll be the first to get a rework in 2022. Anything is possible.

Possibly, I thought about adding that to my initial reply too. The problem is the two years that have passed so far. Soon after Wurt's release people pointed out the bugs and some commented to have patience. A year ago, people we're told again to have patience. Now we are going two years in from when Wurt was first released. 

That's why I think that now of all times its not a good idea to be planning a "surprise". People would be happy just to hear that they have her in mind but Klei can't quite get to her yet. Winona mains are pretty stoked to hear that she may be getting some buffs at some point. Sometimes its nice to know that at the very least its a possibility. 

20 minutes ago, Cowboy Maxwell said:

Paid characters don't get reworks, they came after the rework announcement. She doesn't even need a rework, she just needs some bug fixes.

6 minutes ago, Dextops said:

She’s so far back in the closet of priorities I found my mothers love for me

More then I can say for Mine.

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Possibly, I thought about adding that to my initial reply too. The problem is the two years that have passed so far. Soon after Wurt's release people pointed out the bugs and some commented to have patience. A year ago, people we're told again to have patience. Now we are going two years in from when Wurt was first released. 

That's why I think that now of all times its not a good idea to be planning a "surprise". People would be happy just to hear that they have her in mind but Klei can't quite get to her yet. Winona mains are pretty stoked to hear that she may be getting some buffs at some point. Sometimes its nice to know that at the very least its a possibility. 

You and I both know that the current QoL was added in as “Bonus” and the actual REAL QoL that was planned will come out at a later TBA date, we also know that their teasing it as a pretty substantial QoL..

I actually have proof where the Devs have said the October QoL was “Added in” meaning- Theres still an already planned one coming out at some point they’re not ready to discuss just yet.

If THAT QoL comes (again teased as Substantial) and there are no improvements to Wurt with it.. that’s when I’ll be disappointed.

But, I like to think that Klei Aims to please.. so they’ll do the best they can to meet customer satisfaction

(at least I hope so Anyways..)

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Paid characters don't get reworks, they came after the rework announcement. She doesn't even need a rework, she just needs some bug fixes.

I feel like this is speculation and not really a rule klei made up. As much as people like to think Wurt is complete, I personally only see a foundation for a concept. 

My opinion aside, Klei has never actually confirmed this.

Here's your Wurt/follower bugs. I'm missing ~two bugs I want to report (one where merm's mining works differently than merm chopping and maybe the one on Wurt + hats, but Peter has tried to fix that before and it doesn't seem like an easy fix).

Spoiler

1346424764_wurtbugs.thumb.PNG.785372606da556b4e93828ed9725e886.PNG

Here's the thing with the bug tracker; y'all are just realizing this now cause Wurt bugs aren't being addressed. I've faced this issue since the Forge as I practically live in the bug tracker.

The thing with bugs is that some are easy to fix while others are not and you sometimes have to get lucky if you reported it in a good time during the dev cycle (there's some other things as well, but I won't go into it).

If a bug isn't fixed when you report it, it's typically lost and forgotten about. New bugs are reported after you've reported your bug, it eventually gets buried and the devs attention are gonna be on the recently reported bugs as those are gonna take priority cause they are recent and normally relevant to an update they've just worked on. 

They've made improvements since then, but the core way they fix bugs hasn't changed. The solution that I've had to do is to just re-report the bug to bring it to a devs attention again and they eventually do get fixed. Some of y'all are saying it shouldn't be like that and there should be a system for this, but that just not the reality of how Klei fixes bugs and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I can only guess how they handle it internally based on watching the devs activity in the tracker, but the best guess I can think of is that it's related to dev time and opportunity cost (time they spend fixing bugs is time they need to work on content and they don't have an infinite amount of time for an infinite amount of bugs, so stuff gets sent to the backburner).

14 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

The solution that I've had to do is to just re-report the bug to bring it to a devs attention again and they eventually do get fixed. 

I'll say it again, spamming them ceaselessly day-in, day-out with the same notification over and over and over and over is not conductive to a healthy work environment, OR a healthy community. 
Something needs to change. 

27 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

If a bug isn't fixed when you report it, it's typically lost and forgotten about. New bugs are reported after you've reported your bug, it eventually gets buried and the devs attention are gonna be on the recently reported bugs as those are gonna take priority cause they are recent and normally relevant to an update they've just worked on. 

At the very least I hope the recent kerfuffle has shown them that just because a bug isn't getting constantly reported doesn't mean people don't want it fixed, or that it isn't affecting their play. Because make no mistake, the community has every reason to be upset at how long it has taken to get to these. While no individual Klei employee is to blame here, I'm hoping at least one of them will note down that Wurt's bugs should be looked at soon. 

Just now, lakhnish said:

I've tried in the past and I'm all for a better bug tracker, but I see this thread ending in the same state as Wurt bugs; lost and ignored.

Well, until they're fixed or at least properly commented on, I'll be sure to bring it up in every hotfix post. Maybe then we'll at least get this particular issue resolved.

And if anyone from Klei's reading this: Nothing but respect to you as an individual, but please understand that we just want what we bought to work.

Has Klei even actually acknowledged Wurts problems as “Bugs?” I mean a Very dumb swamp monster endlessly walking into a part of the world because it’s too dumb to find its own way home actually makes sense..

But as far as the hats looking bad on Wurt that needed to be fixed a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Has Klei even actually acknowledged Wurts problems as “Bugs?” I mean a Very dumb swamp monster endlessly walking into a part of the world because it’s too dumb to find its own way home actually makes sense..

But as far as the hats looking bad on Wurt that needed to be fixed a long time ago.

If that were the case they wouldn't effortlessly find their way home if you load the area. Furthermore, they wouldn't be so blatantly ignoring everyone wanting answers, or they would have at least closed the bug reports as intended behavior. 

Also they're really not that dumb. >:c

41 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

The thing with bugs is that some are easy to fix while others are not.

best guess I can think of is that it's related to dev time and opportunity cost (time they spend fixing bugs is time they need to work on content and they don't have an infinite amount of time for an infinite amount of bugs, so stuff gets sent to the backburner).

I think this is an important thing for players to recognize.  They can spam all the ai bugs they want at Klei - but some bugs are easy to reproduce, easy to solve, with obvious coding errors or oversights.  Others are not, and could involve hours and hours of time just to root out the cause of, solution still to come.  Its hard to justify that much time, especially when only a small fraction of the playerbase (no matter how vocal here) are effected by the bug.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Not entirely true...  When there is something to be said, I'm sure they'll say something.  But what can they say that will help if they don't have a fix to a bug?  Anything they say is opening a conversation that isn't going to lead to any satisfactory answer.  Especially if its low priority.  I'm sure that anything they respond to is either high priority, or a feature conflict like Wendy's initial rework, rather than a bug.

21 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

At the very least I hope the recent kerfuffle has shown them that just because a bug isn't getting constantly reported doesn't mean people don't want it fixed, or that it isn't affecting their play. Because make no mistake, the community has every reason to be upset at how long it has taken to get to these. While no individual Klei employee is to blame here, I'm hoping at least one of them will note down that Wurt's bugs should be looked at soon. 

Well, until they're fixed or at least properly commented on, I'll be sure to bring it up in every hotfix post. Maybe then we'll at least get this particular issue resolved.

And if anyone from Klei's reading this: Nothing but respect to you as an individual, but please understand that we just want what we bought to work.

Correct.

7 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Its hard to justify that much time, especially when only a small fraction of the playerbase (no matter how vocal here) are effected by the bug.

Tough cookies. You want to sell something, you make sure it works. If they can't justify it they should have thought about that before they started selling it. This isn't their first time making a game.

57 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

Tough cookies. You want to sell something, you make sure it works. If they can't justify it they should have thought about that before they started selling it. This isn't their first time making a game.

For some reason I get the feeling you weren’t one of the people who bought Assassins Creed Unity when it first released were you?

That game was sold at 100$ at launch and was a broken unplayable mess, WORSE it Remained a broken unplayable mess for THREE YEARS until they finally made it enjoyable..

Now maybe your unaware of this but Assassins Creed Unity was the overly hyped Next Gen Exclusive Multiplayer version of Assassins Creed.. A Triple A franchise with a Triple A price tag.. and Triple A expectations.

What we got.. was something that still to this very day isn’t very enjoyable.

Your complaining about a few “Minor Bugs” for a DLC character in a game you only paid 15$ for, the DLC characters themselves cost at most 5$ OR you could do like I did and Weave them for completely Free for 2700 spools.

Hamlet (an actual DLC Expansion that was released not to long ago for console players) has more actual GAME BREAKING bugs then Any and all of Wurts issues.

So of course fixing Wurts Minor problems are low priority on Klei’s radar.

I love Wurt, and none of the problems with her make her literally unplayable- so you still got your 5$ worth of enjoyment out of her…

The same can not be said about the 100$ Disaster that was Assassins Creed Unity.

That game actually went down in HISTORY as one of the worst game launches of all time…. And until you experience THAT.. (which do keep in mind you had to buy a whole new next generation console to play…) I don’t think you guys have much to complain about.

I have faith in Klei, but if all Wurts bugs are low priority and non-game breaking then you could be waiting quite some time till she gets the fixes your clamoring for her.

Archived