[Your] Cool character trait ideas

There was a thread somewhere with a bunch of cool traits for characters like narcolepsy, couldnt find it so I am making a new one! Yay!

If you have any UNIQUE, ORIGINAL, NOT TRASH (bad) IDEAS please comment them awesome epic

p.s being able to befriend 'x' monsters is not unique, there is like a character for every mob at this point 

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Hemophilia, after taking any amount of damage the character will continue to bleed out until they die.

Oh wait that's already kinda Wanda lol.

Needing to use proper healing items to stop the damage even

(proper like, not healing a major gash with some polish ravioli)

Claustrophobia, take more sanity damage when on a boat or underground.

Schizophrenia, inflict self damage when insane. 

Arachnophobia, spiders attacks inflict sanity damage as well.

Lucid dreaming, sleeping gives a random temporary effect when the character wakes up (damage up, speed up, etc).

Out of body experience, you get a spirit character that can walk around and do stuff but cant attack or be attacked while the "original" body sleeps. Effect ends when the character begins to starve.

Alzheimer's disease, forget a random recipe every x amount of days.

Vampirism, low/reduced stats in sunlight, neutral power at dawn and increased strength at night. Immune to freezing but instant death when overheated. Is a monster at night but considered human during the day. 

Decorator: Constantly loses sanity when away from decorative structures/likes wearing fancy clothes so traditional armors are out

Deplorable: No one wants to be around them, players lose sanity around this character

Nomad: Hates building permanent structures, only eats what is scavenged

I shared some character idea suggestions a year or so ago, with unique gameplay mechanics.. those mechanics later got separated between Walter & now Wanda.. so my hopes of getting “Charlie” as a playable character some day seem to be fading. Personally I feel like Wanda may be a little TOO Overpowered because of my suggestion I was hoping would’ve been used on Charlie (The more damage she takes, the more powerful her shadow magic becomes sort of like a “defensive mechanism” Whatever is controlling Charlie doesn’t want its hosts body to DIE so it protects it..)

While Charlie wasn’t a unique character- the things I suggested be put on her were unique, now we have Wanda, with teleporting, self reviving and a special whip that utilizes the Defensive perk that made sense to be on Charlie.

I will still hold out hope Charlie becomes playable at some point (like how Maxwell was unlocked after beating Dont Starve solo) But now.. people will just be comparing her to Wanda as not being unique.

-no slow down by wearing heavy things
-hates using magic items and if doin so drains even more sanity then normal
-killing innocent creatures makes sanity lose depending on innocent points of the creautre
-special body armor that is actual souposed to be defensive not like wormwoods one that is more of an tool then anything realy

and here something wich is literaly stupid and just came in my head
-cant revive from anything and if somehow revived the user crashes the game
-can only use fist to attack something

A Slurper character who could attach itself to mob to control them. Pig, Bunny Merm, Monkey, Mactusk(?), Treeguard(?), Clockwork(?) ... You'll have their ability and stat until you've drain their hunger or they lose all hp and then you go back to your slurper form. Maybe some nightvision when low hunger (> 25%).

This is obviously unbalanced and lack a lot but the idea crossed my mind.

A butterfly character that may not use light to stave off Charlie at night. Instead standing near a flower, or wearing a garland/pretty parasol will keep you safe. This results in a play style that requires strategic spreading of flowers and makes desert/rocky biomes dangerous to get caught in unprepared.

There are plenty of unique abilities you can add with new biome updates, such as gliding on icy terrain and breathing without a diving helmet at ocean diving locations.

I`ve always found the staffs in the game kind of boring, so I want a character that can use them better.
Ice Staff: Can be cast at the ground to summon one of those freeze AoEs Klaus' deer has. (There's AoE CC through panflutes and SNS, but when fighting a group of mobs such as hounds, if you hit one all of them wake up, having them all frozen would be amazing)

Fire Staff: Can be cast at the ground to create an explosion for x damage, this explosion doesn't light enemies on fire.

Telelocator Staff: Can be used in the caves, using it on yourself also teleports nearby players and mobs. (Doesn't seem as good when Wanda is a thing, but oh well lmao. Also need to think how other players would consent to teleport)

Deconstruction Staff: Can be used on mobs for 2k damage, if the damage results in a last hit, regular drops are doubled (such as meat) and valuable drops have a chance to be doubled.

Star/Moon Caller's Staff: The star can be anchored to a player, anchored Star Caller's stars won't cause fires and anchored Moon Caller's stars won't freeze people in summer. (Player affected can dismiss star at anytime)

Orange Staff: Can be used on other players to telepoof them to you. (Again, would need some kind of consent from the other party)

Of course, adjustments would be required to balance it out and a cool downside is a must.

Ice staff's geyser is only active for as long as the user keeps the cast up? (Meaning getting hit or moving would cancel the spell. Targets still frozen but only for a short while?)

Fire Staff's explosion deals just enough damage to one shot splumonkeys, but the cast is too long to be worth two shotting hounds?

Deconstruction Staff's durability lost is based on how much damage it dealt, rewarding players for using it at the perfect moment? (HP mods kind of ruin this, just brainstorming though).

Only one star can be anchored per staff and the staff must be at the caster's inventory for the spell to stay put?

Allow me to shamelessly plug my favorite mod character. Hoping the character idea can be implemented into DST.

Disclaimer: This is NEITHER my mod NOR my ideas, the credit goes to the original creator.

Steam workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240990229

Excerpt from the link above:

Lore:

-------

Satori is a mind reading youkai. Her ability made her hated by humans who fear their secrets being exposed, but made her loved by the animals who normally can't be understood.

Perks
-------

• Can read the thoughts of the creatures around her.
  • Can tame pets by giving them food. Every pet has their specific taming item(s).
    • Rabbit: Gives a sanity boost. Can be picked up.
    • Beefalo: Assists Satori in combat and protects her from any danger. Drops manure from time to time.
    • Koalefant: Defensive pet. Prevents freezing in winter. Drops manure from time to time.
    • Tallbird: Attack pet. Can be fed monster meat but doesn't like new pets.
  • The animals don't fear her but she is not liked by humanoid creatures such as pigmen.
  • Has a high base sanity but loses it for hurting the animals who trust her.
  • Has a sanity bonus while she is in caves.

Batman, no seriously Klei add Batman to the game, or at least a character that plays like Batman (doesn’t have to actually be Batman..) but- Without turning this into a TL:DR- A Character that Relies on Stealth and Cunning rather than just attacking everything in sight.

Sneaking up on enemies and well- You get the idea.

This is not a joke post: Stealth is something a lot of games now days for whatever reason throws under a bus in favor of fight fight fight, Explosions!!

I come from an age of Splinter Cell games, I loved the Arkham franchise BECAUSE of its stealth…

All characters in DST so far have just solved all their problems by rushing face first into them with a Hambat… I want a character designed to use baits, traps, and Stealth.

Sleepy Eater- The character becomes groggy after eating food that gives more hunger than your hunger meter can hold

Copycat- At the beginning of each day, the character gain 2 Perks and 3 Downsides randomly stolen from other characters. They are able to craft generic items that transform into "lesser" versions of items that are related to their current character traits. Durability of these items gets partially repaired whenever the character shuffles their character traits

The Lost From Isaac But in Don't Starve- The character has permanent bone armor effect that recharges every 10 secs instead of 5, maximum HP of 1

Hemokinesis - The character can damage themselves to fill up a "Blood Meter" which can be spent to use unique types of attacks (ranged attacks maybe?)  Max HP can be sacrificed to conjure a weapon made out of blood that is a tier above the dark sword. This weapon can be given to other players, but it slowly drains HP of any character except for the character who crafted it.  Max HP lost by crafting weapons cannot be restored by any means other than absorbing the weapon.

Guess I could reference my old idea for Wilton being a skeletal host for a bunch of bugs.

Wilton would start off as a brittle host for a bug queen acting as his health and only a few bugs that act as his maximum HP. (he'd have something like 150 HP max but would start off with a health cap of 50)

One of the traits was an overfeeding mechanic, the more you ate past your maximum hunger, the more bugs would infest Wilton until he eventually became a full on hive. This would give Wilton more bugs meaning more health, but more bugs also means more mouths to feed.

Another thing I vaguely remember was the bugs were mortified of fire, which would mean they would rapidly fly away (decreasing your maximum health) whenever you were near fires of any kind, be it a campfire, wildfire, or even torches.

All I want is catcoon character, literally will be the best character in game

It could be high hunger low health, a way to sleep in my catcoon den (would be cool to see it like a slanty shack, though nearly impossible and op)

It could be a sneakyy

It could be a good at finding meat

it could a pick up things faster

it could a get on all fours (wilbur reference) to move a bit slower but close to undetectable

it could be a better fist fighter (not that great though)

it could a make a worn down version of moogle 

it could a be slightly weaker at day in most attributes

it coulda be a lot faster at night (not by much, but noticeable)

it could a recruit fellow catcoon for a lot longer

it could a get benefit from rot and wet goop (not much though, no healing)

it could be a bit warmer in winter 

it could a shed fur in spring

it could be a slight sanity gain to others around

it could a cough up hairball every few days (depending on how much you ate)

it could be uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I ran out of idea.

Hope you like catcoon carachter

18 hours ago, Dextops said:

masochist aka a reverse walter gains sanity when hit

21 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Vampirism, low/reduced stats in sunlight, neutral power at dawn and increased strength at night. Immune to freezing but instant death when overheated. Is a monster at night but considered human during the day. 

may or may not already have done/are doing that

16 hours ago, TheFat said:

youkai

you spelt yokai wrong lmao

1 hour ago, TemporarySolutn said:

*snip*

As ArubaroBeefalo pointed out, the actual technically correct word should be yökai, but that is beside the point of this thread,
the mod character interesting perks are " Animal lovers" & " Mind reader", basically making her a pacifist beast master. ( Hurting animal also hurt her sanity, but she may still need to do so to survive). Also, being disliked by humainoid mobs ( pigs, merm, bunnyman) will force the player to adapt and make use of other pets.

Archived