[Your] Cool character trait ideas

Spoiler
1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is actually yökai

4 minutes ago, TheFat said:

As ArubaroBeefalo pointed out, the actual technically correct word should be yökai, but that is beside the point of this thread,
the mod character interesting perks are " Animal lovers" & " Mind reader", basically making her a pacifist beast master. ( Hurting animal also hurt her sanity, but she may still need to do so to survive). Also, being disliked by humainoid mobs ( pigs, merm, bunnyman) will force the player to adapt and make use of other pets.

Spoiler

It's actually spelt youkai if you refer to hiragana (ようかい / 妖怪), the - on the 'o' is just a abbreviation of 'ou' due to romaji transcriptions. Both parties referred to the spelling of the word correctly.

A gauntlet-based character that gets different abilities based on what gem is inserted in the gauntlet at the time.

• Blue Gem: A water cannon that makes mobs wet, and can be used as a watering can.
  • Red Gem: A health siphon that passively regenerates health to nearby allies when attached to an enemy.
  • Purple Gem: Temporary possession of most non-boss mobs. After exiting, the mob is put to sleep for a short while.
  • Orange Gem: Speeds the flow of time for allies in a radius for a short while, not affecting dps, but movement speed and most other actions.
  • Yellow Gem: An electric-damage based attack that pairs well with the usage of a Blue Gem. Maybe an electric whip? I dunno.
  • Green Gem: Mass-repair of structures in a radius and can repair burnt structures as well.
  • Iridescent Gem: Passive sanity gain on the user. Nothing big, like maybe 3 s/min. But still useful.

Downside is that damage with conventional weapons and tools deal minimal damage if any, forcing you to rely on other means of damage and the tools they have. A minor change, but one I think would be impactful.

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is actually yökai

1 hour ago, TheFat said:

As ArubaroBeefalo pointed out, the actual technically correct word should be yökai

Its actually Yōkai since y'all wanna unnecessary get on my **** about a diacritic of a language none of us even speak, I purposefully left it out so I didn't seem pretentious but hey clearly that didn't dawn on anyone else

"Actually its spelt Façade not Facade"

On 10/6/2021 at 9:42 PM, Dr.Medic said:

-no slow down by wearing heavy things
-hates using magic items and if doin so drains even more sanity then normal
-killing innocent creatures makes sanity lose depending on innocent points of the creautre
-special body armor that is actual souposed to be defensive not like wormwoods one that is more of an tool then anything realy

and here something wich is literaly stupid and just came in my head
-can only use fist to attack something

Sounds like Wolfgang rework

On 10/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, Dr.Medic said:

-killing innocent creatures makes sanity lose depending on innocent points of the creautre

Also doing that, although I just had it a flat sanity deduction because alot of things I think dont have a innocent level like bee's but I will try to adapt to that because its just a better system

1 hour ago, TemporarySolutn said:

Also doing that, although I just had it a flat sanity deduction because alot of things I think dont have a innocent level like bee's but I will try to adapt to that because its just a better system

sounds like you want to make a mod character if you say "alsol doing that" in a way

Troglodyte character: 

• Spawns in the caves 
  • no sanity drain in the caves or from darkness. Instead sanity gets drained when theyre above ground at the rate of cave drain for other chars.
  • increased sanity drain and small health drain when exposed to sunlight: daytime, starcallers, shafts of light in the caves. 
  • Cant eat crockpot meals. Hunger drains 25% slower. 
    • Favorite food: lichen. Can eat glowberries with no sanity penalty and sanity penalty for all raw meat is halved. All negative effects of mushrooms also halved. 
  • not a monster but theyve been living in the caves for a reaallyy long time 

That would be the main thing. Other stuff could be:

• Can befriend rock lobsters much more effectively. 
  • Can sense presence of mobs in the dark in a radius around them, like blurry silhouettes. not night vision. 
    • takes twice as long for charlie to land a hit in the dark
  • can "communicate" with tentapillars causing them to retract and open the hole without needing to fight
  • a crafting tab with nifty cave-focused stuff that requre cave ingredients. 
    • maybe a small early light source made with ferns, light bulb and a stick

Archived