Thoughts on Enlightened Crown  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Again, thoughts?

• Yes, definitely worth the long quest
    • It's an okay item, not too worth the long quest, but is still good
    • It's not too great, the quest is long and hard
    • Terrible! The quest is useless and WAY too long for this item
    • No strong opinions
    • What the heck is the Enlightened Crown?

Ofc, you might be thinking right now that I should've made this thread a long while back in May...
But my boredom has struck my soul once more and I wanted to hear your guys' thoughts on Enlightened Crown, ofc this thread probably exists via someone else's creation, but I was new to the Forums then aight?

Back on topic....

To get the enlightened crown, it requires you to do the longest quest known in this game, from ruins, to moonstones, to archives, to Lunar Island, etc... etc...

In my opinion, I'd say it's pretty good, I'm in between the good side and the okay side:

Pros:

• The quest is pretty long, but the Celestial Champion is so fun to fight imo, I'd say it's okay for some extra damage and some light (sanity gain is pretty good too)
  • I don't need to spam star staves in order to gain access to light
  • It has no durability! No worry to go in the caves nonstop to get lightbulbs for fuel.
  • The sanity gain, pretty decent, though I'd say a slight increase would be nice, most abandon tams after this item is obtained (like me)
  • The Gestalts, the extra 42.5 damage is decent, but certainly not the best in the world
  • You can deconstruct this item for enlightened crown shards, which can be used for infinite glowcap light

Cons:

• The amount of sanity required to use this item entirely is way too strict
  • No skins!
  • Requires you to use body armor during boss fights
  • Doesn't give any protection
  • You have to kill the most annoying boss in the game to acquire this item, being the Crab King
  • It doesn't revert negative sanity auras like I'd hoped (but that would be a little too OP?)

DISCUSS!
What are your opinions?

Now, G'day :^)

The crown by itself isn't worth the whole questline, but since it's a questline, you get rewards sprinkled throughout, such as astral detectors, terra firma tamper, nightly full moons, all of pearl's trinkets, lunar cutters and axes, etc. Aside from crab king being cringe and the ocean being empty despite being where a good chunk of the questline takes place, I think the questline is fine.

Just now, Baark0 said:

The crown by itself isn't worth the whole questline, but since it's a questline, you get rewards sprinkled throughout, such as astral detectors, terra firma tamper, nightly full moons, all of pearl's trinkets, lunar cutters and axes, etc. Aside from crab king being cringe and the ocean being empty despite being where a good chunk of the questline takes place, I think the questline is fine.

The quest is pretty decent, though it is long, it's still worth it when you reap the rewards throughout the quest

Just now, GenomeSquirrel said:

Don’t you need three gems from the moon stone event?

Three?. You just need one irridescent gem since there's already two socketed in the archives.

Guess some random troll/griefer can grab those two irridescent gems, but I don't think you're gonna get to the moonstorms on a pub anyways.

I like the crown for killing bosses where possible and for the light when you wear it at base. The infinite light in glowcaps/mushlights is greatly appreciated as well.

I don't like the journey to the champion though personally (when you start on fresh worlds). It's not as action packed or as exciting compared to the journey of killing fuelweaver and every RoG + AnR boss by the time Summer begins for the cactus flower for Pearl. 

It's just slower paced in comparison, with a lot of going back and forth at times for material gathering.

Afterwords though, it's fine since you don't have to do the whole journey again; just the items for the champion.

4 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Both are part of the quest line.

Play the questline before you complain, you dont seem to understand what you are refering to

Also you said that you unistalled the game for a completely optional quest you could just avoid, at this point you sound like a troll

14 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Play the questline before you complain, you dont seem to understand what you are refering to

I did the moonstone event before the ocean was sailable.

I did crab stuff and other crab before there was a 4th mushroom biome

I messed around with the second ruins on a particularly bored weekend before Wagstaff appeared.

Even if it eventually gets better, I experienced a substantial enough portion where I know my opinion of it.

I don’t need to ride every attraction in Disneyland to form an opinion. If I felt the small word attraction was the summation of the worst parts of the park, it’s subjectively true and a valid reason to hold a grudge.

I expressed my opinion in a thread asking people to express an opinion.

Good item, but wholeheartedly not worth it for Maxwell, who I play pretty regularly. I find CC to be rather bland for the "final" boss, and I usually find myself not wearing it often since I like to keep the full moon event on, so the infinite light is rather wasted

My biggest issue with it is how severe it fluctuates between characters. Some characters have ridiculous power on the crown, as Wigfrid quite literally just upkeeps the crown using her sanity song, and characters like WX have a massive buffer before it turns off of 45 strikes. On the contrary, characters like Wes can barely get over 11-12 hits, and Webber only gets 15. Wanda in particular made me realize the issue by a lot, as it was way easier for me to deal with a 30 sanity buffer then Webber’s 15, especially for things like the ruins, where you will be doing a good amount of fighting.

Otherwise? It’s actually fairly good. I don’t like how the light and gestalt perks are the same threshold, but otherwise it’s neat. The light perk is massive, especially if you like doing cave/ruin builds. It’s so good that I basically never worry about refueling other light sources ever (and if I do, it’s mainly to refuel my backup lantern). Sanity gain is fantastic for something that can’t break, as it saves on sewing kit/trusty tape uses later on, especially since you will likely be wearing the crown for most of the game after you get it. The gestalt perk is a bit more difficult to use, but it has its use, and I like how it can even hit nightmares, especially if they are grouped up thanks to the ruins.

Overall, it’s a nice headpiece. It’s a helpful head slot item for lategame, and considering where you get it it’s definitely fitting. I just wish it was better on characters who don’t have 200+ sanity, especially Wes and Webber.

I think the crown is fine. Something extra alongside it would be nice, similar to CK but i kinda I consider part of the CC reward to also be the chunks of moon rocks and the boat load of moon shards it drops. Now if only there was a point to that many moon shards... 

i still cant believe that all the celestial tab offers r an axe, a sword, 2 turfs, 2 sketches and an obsolete bath bomb. :cry: where are the staves and the magic? Amulets? Armor?

I always expected/hoped the celestial tab was gonna be equally as exciting as the ancient tab but i guess not? 

3 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Even if it eventually gets better, I experienced a substantial enough portion where I know my opinion of it.

still curious why u need 3 fullmoon .. lmao 

4 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Reminding me why I uninstalled the game.

i guess forum life is more exciting than the game itself ?

:juggling:

The questline is long and paced, but I like that as it keeps me busy for a longer time. My only peeves about it are:

• Crab King, just because its Crab King.
  • How disjointed Pearl's involvement is in all of this.
  • The necessity to having killed Bee Queen or setting the event to Winter's Feast (though in a long term world you probably would have killed Bee Queen anyway).
  • Having to do the Wagstaff stuff every single time just to fight CC again (though I guess my actual peeve is the Wagstaff stuff itself or Moonstorms).

As for the Crown itself, a fairly long investment of activities for an unlimited Tam-Miner's Hat hybrid is a really fair reward. Wouldnt mind more Lunar recipes or some drop other than the crown, but the crown is fine.

4 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I did the moonstone event before the ocean was sailable.

I did crab stuff and other crab before there was a 4th mushroom biome

I messed around with the second ruins on a particularly bored weekend before Wagstaff appeared.

I don’t need to ride every attraction in Disneyland to form an opinion. If I felt the small word attraction was the summation of the worst parts of the park, it’s subjectively true and a valid reason to hold a grudge.

I expressed my opinion in a thread asking people to express an opinion.

As much as I'm not a fan of the Quest line either (On paper, I fully admit to not doing it) I still have no idea why you need 3 opals.

The only Opal you need is the one too turn on the archives. Pearl's quest doesn't take any opals at all. 

Are you talking about how you can fight Crab King with 3 socketed opals to get the alternate bauble during winter's feast, assuming that you had already killed the Crab King with Pearl's Pearl?

You know what's terrible? For characters with low sanity pool to be using this item. Overall it's a really good combat damage and constant light source, now I just carry a stack of some kind of sanity food everywhere just to compensate for the loss everytime I use it.

I main Willow and it's a bit of a pain to use it. But I feel like Wanda and Maxwell are one of characters that benefit most from it while using shadow weapons.

Archived