PLEASE update the sculpting tab mechanics

Nothing is more annoying then having to hammer a sculpting table just to get back 1 figure sketch I want, why can't the sketches just be blueprints that you learn and can then craft from any table anywhere? You might say "oh but only 1 person gets the recipe then", well I have a solution for that as well: just make the sketch not be consumed upon learning it.

One last thing that needs to be changed: find a way to incorporate the cut stone/marble/glass into the actual recipe so we don't have to keep placing it on the table each time, maybe do what single player DS did with the ancient, volcano, and city tabs and just make the crafting menu a menu for other crafting menus (basically have 1 menu for glass, 1 for marble, 1 for cut stone)

I like the way you currently make statues, less clutter as we get more and more tabs. 

Maybe they should allows us to make copies of the recipes at a cartographers desk (Maybe blueprints too so one person isn't the designated crafter for a particular recipe).

Just now, HowlVoid said:

I like the way you currently make statues, less clutter as we get more and more tabs. 

Maybe they should allows us to make copies of the recipes at a cartographers desk (Maybe blueprints too so one person isn't the designated crafter for a particular recipe).

That doesn't really fix the problem of having to hammer the table to get the sketch back since I'm assuming you'd need the original sketch to duplicate it.

I'm more concerned by the absurd amount of sketches (or other things like float adverts with Moose/Goose) we accumulate by casually killing bosses which is a thing we do quite a lot in the game and it gets quickly annoying to always have to burn them after first acquisitions when getting any more of them is pointless.

I just wish for a way to disable sketch loot, doesn't have to be a world option, which would be quite odd, maybe ? But I see so many ways to make that possible in-game, from checking if there are any available table lacking of the sketch, a special weapon to use in order to add the sketch to loots, or craftable blank sketches that get completed when you get the boss killed (and that would allow to get multiple sketch if you want it!!)... I'd take any option as long this adds a way to remove them from the boss loots, I'm so tired of them on late worlds.

41 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I don't see why making the recipes learned by the player would add any more clutter. It'd basically be the same as it currently is, except instead of having the recipes be per table, they'd be per player. The tab would still be hidden while not near a table.

Why scrap away the only use duplicate figure sketches have right now? I think the Figure sketch and advert mechanics work just fine. After all, if you want more of a certain design without breaking the first table you redeemed the design on, you can simply go and murder the subject again, or find the design in thumbleweeds, depending on the design.

What would be great is a single use ereaser item like the feather pencil that would recycle a figure sketch into papyrus to fix clutter and ad an extra wY of obtaining papyrus.

48 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I don't see why making the recipes learned by the player would add any more clutter. It'd basically be the same as it currently is, except instead of having the recipes be per table, they'd be per player. The tab would still be hidden while not near a table.

Not that, having separate tabs for stone, glass and marble.

I have a better idea, Potter's Wheels spits out all sketches it currently holds when you hammer it once. Just like chests spits out all of its contents once you start hammering it down. Easy fix. I agree getting the sketches back is kind of an annoyance.

2 hours ago, ADM said:

I'm more concerned by the absurd amount of sketches (or other things like float adverts with Moose/Goose) we accumulate by casually killing bosses which is a thing we do quite a lot in the game and it gets quickly annoying to always have to burn them after first acquisitions when getting any more of them is pointless.

I just wish for a way to disable sketch loot, doesn't have to be a world option, which would be quite odd, maybe ? But I see so many ways to make that possible in-game, from checking if there are any available table lacking of the sketch, a special weapon to use in order to add the sketch to loots, or craftable blank sketches that get completed when you get the boss killed (and that would allow to get multiple sketch if you want it!!)... I'd take any option as long this adds a way to remove them from the boss loots, I'm so tired of them on late worlds.

just make them stackable and burnable

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Not that, having separate tabs for stone, glass and marble.

Oh yeah, that can be a problem. I mainly just agree with the idea of learning figure sketches instead of giving them to each table. I don't mind having to give the table a sculpting block every time.

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Why scrap away the only use duplicate figure sketches have right now? I think the Figure sketch and advert mechanics work just fine. After all, if you want more of a certain design without breaking the first table you redeemed the design on, you can simply go and murder the subject again, or find the design in thumbleweeds, depending on the design.

What would be great is a single use ereaser item like the feather pencil that would recycle a figure sketch into papyrus to fix clutter and ad an extra wY of obtaining papyrus.

ah yes, just find the figure sketch again from tumbleweeds

image.thumb.png.f4706030f2e95950393165efe7cfc5f2.png

Oh cool 0.3% chance for a figure sketch, that's fun, i sure am glad that in order to not have to hammer my sculpting table that i need to look through like 333+ tumbleweeds or something like that. Also no one said duplicate figure sketches need a use. Even then having to go out and kill a boss just to get a second copy of a figure sketch is dumb. I'm all for duplicating sketches at cartography tables though.

1 hour ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

why exactly do you want the sketch back? (I don't have a counter argument or anything, I'm just curious)

i really like the pawn figure sketch and use it for a lot of things, but when you only get 1 pawn sketch in your world, it becomes really tedious having to move it all over the place.

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

This is an awesome idea, maybe make a suggestion of it if you haven't already. 

51 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

i really like the pawn figure sketch and use it for a lot of things, but when you only get 1 pawn sketch in your world, it becomes really tedious having to move it all over the place.

This reminded me of a bug during year of the beefalo where all of the sketches in your world would turn into pawn sketches. Yes, every single one.

14 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

This reminded me of a bug during year of the beefalo where all of the sketches in your world would turn into pawn sketches. Yes, every single one.

That was a fun one. I lost my only toadstool sketch back then and I haven't gotten around to killing it again recently. 

yes it is very annoying to get sketches back, in particular the non boss ones like pawn that you can only have 1, and it's the one I also use the most in builds. The boss ones adding up is annoying but I don't see easy solutions to this, you kinda want them early on; I'm okay with burning them on the spot, those sketches are the only reason I have firepits at every boss arena lol

also, potter's wheel pedestal skin when

Archived