when will there be a new event?

They have already talked about this before. Forge and Gorge were really successful, but it required them to basically stop working on the game and its updates, as it needed all their unwavering attention. Now, though, they are working on updates. 

Hopefully never, Klei stated that those events costed them more money and were barely covering the cost of running the servers for them.

But, they may use ideas, mobs and gameplay mechanics those events had all within core gameplay someday.

And now that we can toggle an option to turn on previous limited time events: They should probably just add Gorge & Forge into the game as permanent optional game modes, and just like if you hosted WintersFeast or Hallowed Nights- Being able to earn that events skin drops would only be increased during the time of year the event is actually supposed to be active.

The TL:DR- would you rather Klei add new content, finish refreshing the 5 remaining characters- Or would you rather them drop everything they’re doing to bring back limited time events they’ll have to put all their time and focus into: Effectively ceasing the entire content chain we are currently getting now?

Just now, butterball223 said:

yeah,but i can never find people to join with the mod/get people to join me

There are hosted servers that are usually active. I know I visit them every now and then and get to play. Unless you want to play with friends, that I can't help you with

34 minutes ago, butterball223 said:

yeah,sorry,but sorry its just that i got internet not to long ago,and the only times i got to play the forge was season 2 near the very end,but yeah thank you

I know, I didn't get to play any of the official events, unfortunately. The mods are really good though, I encourage you to keep trying. 

I have always wanted official implementation of unofficial servers. Would be amazing if people could host community dedicated & client servers, and they would show up under "Forge" & "Gorge" filters in the server browser, maybe even with a different picture to further differentiate them.

There was a speculated sanity-based 3rd mini-game before KLei pulled off the plug on those events after Forge 2 (Forge - combat/"Health", Gorge - farming/"Hunger") in symbolic relation to the 3 DS/T stats. They were very popular, mostly because their 8-10 minutes-per-match format was pretty accessible to bulk player-base even if, in case my memory serves well, only about ~2% actually finished Forge 1 (KLei's published statistics, but couldn't find a link - if someone else has them saved, pls do post and ty).

Yes, there are the ReForged and Re-Gorge-itated mods for PC users, but like all mods out there - more-so if used with other different mods - are prone to crashes and from my experience aren't used in many pubs to have any meaningful impact on game-play out there. The few communities with 24/7 dedicated servers rolling ReForged mod for example, like Strictly ReForge or DSTime Reforged, seem to be always empty and from their respective Steam groups/discords only a single-digits number of avid players dwell in it, doing advanced runs and what-not, while newbies get more-or-less booted from their rooms, hence prohibiting "new blood" to cross into regulars territory. Hence mods aren't really the answer. Never say never too, since we don't know what distant future could bring in terms or re-rolling Forge & Gorge in official capacity or mentioned 3rd type event (again, perhaps sanity-centered).

On 9/25/2021 at 6:08 PM, QuartzBeam said:

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.

When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

I thought this sounds familiar, it's a song of ice and fire lol

12 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I feel like they should do battle passes for extra skin content and XP or something while having primary skins set for buy or farming.

I'm not usually a fan of battle pass type stuff, but id definitely pay upfront for a new event or more rereleases of the old ones, I had so much fun with the Gorge and ReForge and a big part of that was the progression

27 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Not anytime soon till Klei figures on how to monetize the event skins better or for players to want to buy those skins. 
I feel like they should do battle passes for extra skin content and XP or something while having primary skins set for buy or farming.

Terrible idea im sorry

Archived