[Game Update] - 478900

• Developer
  • Fixed a bug where most creatures and giants could get stun-locked by long range attacks when they should not have been. This was a very invasive change, please submit bugs if any creature’s behaviors have changed too drastically.
  • Fixed a player movement bug when teleporting off of boats.
  • Fixed a bug in the Ancient Guardian’s AI where it would not attack anything
  • Fixed a physics bug when picking oversized vegetables
  • Spiders will now have the correct wetness applied to them when spawned from a Spider Den.
  • Hallowed Nights trinkets will no longer spawn in the ocean
  • Mounted characters will benefit from the large canopy shade.
  • The Celestial Altar pieces won’t be blocked by Antlion Sinkholes now.

View full update

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6
  • Big Ups 4
  • GL Happy 1

10 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed a bug where most creatures and giants could get stun-locked by long range attacks when they should not have been. This was a very invasive change, please submit bugs if any creature’s behaviors have changed too drastically.
  • Fixed a player movement bug when teleporting off of boats.
  • Fixed a bug in the Ancient Guardian’s AI where it would not attack anything
  • Fixed a physics bug when picking oversized vegetables
  • Spiders will now have the correct wetness applied to them when spawned from a Spider Den.
  • Hallowed Nights trinkets will no longer spawn in the ocean
  • Mounted characters will benefit from the large canopy shade.
  • The Celestial Altar pieces won’t be blocked by Antlion Sinkholes now.

View full update

No more cheap stun lock for AG with Walter. Cool!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

No more cheap stun lock for AG with Walter. Cool!

It cost a ton of ammo and required precise timing to succeed. I'm actually sad to see this go because it was one boss fight that actually gave Walter a unique strategy, as I showcased on a recent boss run.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 13

I don't expect anyone who hasn't practiced no cheese AG to understand but for the love of god please revert the change to AG's ai, first thing I tested as soon as I read the patch notes, this method is no longer possible:

https://youtu.be/quSE5VY2jdc

This incredible strategy that was perfected by Helicalpuma (R.I.P.) turned the fight from boring, repetitive and drawn out to legitimately challenging, fun and relatively quick if done right; if you did all the precise timings correctly to land 5 hits every time as a character without damage mults it would only take 4 minutes for AG to die with a fresh ham bat, but since the change to its ai now you can at most land only 1-2 hits with both a club and a mag

please change this back (and stop nerfing skill ffs)

Edited by Guille6785
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

4 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I don't expect anyone who hasn't practiced no cheese AG to understand but for the love of god please revert the change to AG's ai, first thing I tested as soon as I read the patch notes, this method is no longer possible:

https://youtu.be/quSE5VY2jdc

This incredible strategy that was perfected by Helicalpuma (R.I.P.) turned the fight from boring, repetitive and drawn out to legitimately challenging, fun and relatively quick if done right; if you did all the precise timings correctly to land 5 hits every time as a character without damage mults it would only take 4 minutes for AG to die with a fresh ham bat, but since the change to its ai now you can at most land only 1-2 hits with both a club and a mag

they should just rework the entire boss. Is the only boss with an ugly desing and his AI is so broken that cheeses himself

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they should just rework the entire boss. Is the only boss with an ugly desing and his AI is so broken that cheeses himself

the thing is now they removed this method which was skill based you practically have to cheese him because other wise it takes way too long

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I mean "skill".... apart from the cheesing aspect, yes helicalpuma did an amazing fight and you surely need a lot of concentration to do it but still the fight is monotone and boringggggg. How much, 4 years? 5? 6? That people shout a full total rework to ancient guardian and klei did not move an inch. In conclusion i think they don't care if the fight is cheesable or you could have done that strategy, they really don't care about ancient guardian. 

Is really left alone, rotting in the ruins with all the nightmare fuel to became ancient.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

Yeah, let us exploit the ai more ! lol

PS - seems to have removed stun lock from beefalo, werepigs, and tree guards.

You can still cancel AG's charge with attacks, so the Walter slingshot stun / cursed rounds thing is still good.

You can also still get enough stun with Wanda's whip to do Klaus for a no-damage run.  (I think this one is kinda important for her since the overheat / freeze damage can be a real hazard to her)

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Milordo said:

I mean "skill".... apart from the cheesing aspect, yes helicalpuma did an amazing fight and you surely need a lot of concentration to do it but still the fight is monotone and boringggggg. How much, 4 years? 5? 6? That people shout a full total rework to ancient guardian and klei did not move an inch. In conclusion i think they don't care if the fight is cheesable or you could have done that strategy, they really don't care about ancient guardian. 

Is really left alone, rotting in the ruins with all the nightmare fuel to became ancient.....

Not going to lie, it was a highly disappointing fight, all it technically is is a reskinned Beefalo or MAYBE a Clockwork Rook/Hippopatmoose.. it’s something I have already seen before..

BUT if it jumped into the air and splashed down breaking all walls between you and it and causing magma craters.. or Antlion style rock earthquakes, well then.. 

I don’t really care if this boss gets any more interesting or not, because I only ever saw it as a “Key” needed to unlock a bigger badder boss.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Milordo said:

b-but a part of this update is changing ag tho (for the worse)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not going to lie, it was a highly disappointing fight, all it technically is is a reskinned Beefalo or MAYBE a Clockwork Rook/Hippopatmoose.. it’s something I have already seen before..

BUT if it jumped into the air and splashed down breaking all walls between you and it and causing magma craters.. or Antlion style rock earthquakes, well then.. 

I don’t really care if this boss gets any more interesting or not, because I only ever saw it as a “Key” needed to unlock a bigger badder boss.

Yup.

Isn't "jumped into the air and splashed down breaking all walls between you and it and causing magma craters.." something the uncompromising mod did it?

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

b-but a part of this update is changing ag tho (for the worse)

Grab more popcorns then when you're behind those graves.

• Like 1