[Game Update] - 478900

9 minutes ago, Milordo said:

Isn't "jumped into the air and splashed down breaking all walls between you and it and causing magma craters.." something the uncompromising mod did it?

I don’t know, I’m on Xbox I can’t play mods and I wouldn’t know what mods looked like if people were using them (which is why I hate watching Twitch streams because most the time that’s not representative of actual gameplay I am capable of experiencing.) but my gripes about watching modded streams aside: I have no idea if this was or wasn’t part of Uncompromising Mod.. 

I just think if Klei started re-using forge & gorge assets and scenery through out the game since I’ll never actually be able to play those modes- would be nice.

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed a bug where most creatures and giants could get stun-locked by long range attacks when they should not have been. This was a very invasive change, please submit bugs if any creature’s behaviors have changed too drastically.

water spiders keep getting closing to you even if atacked, they dont stunlock like spiders usualy do. I was using alarming clock

Just now, Third Porkus said:

Tf you mean? The main cheese is still in the game they just removed the only good way to do it non cheese

tf I mean is exactly what I said - The AI exploit was taken away.  As someone who likes exploits this will be missed :\ idc if there is an ez cheezy way to do it, and @Guille6785 doesn't either.  There was a FUN way to do it, and the fun way is gone T_T 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed a bug where most creatures and giants could get stun-locked by long range attacks when they should not have been. This was a very invasive change, please submit bugs if any creature’s behaviors have changed too drastically.

Good Change

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

tf I mean is exactly what I said - The AI exploit was taken away.  As someone who likes exploits this will be missed :\ idc if there is an ez cheezy way to do it, and @Guille6785 doesn't either.  There was a FUN way to do it, and the fun way is gone T_T 

you said in confusing way, I thought you were disagreeing with us 

Just now, ScottHansen said:

Sorry about the AG ai fix. It was done because Wanda and Walter could stand at a short distance any from him and he would stop attacking them. I will discuss this with the team.

Anyone could if they spaced it right...  But I think its not a big enough concern considering how easy it is to just lock him against a pillar or graves...

Even using Walter or Wanda to stun it took some practice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bugsworth said:

why would you focus on fixing something that isn't broke instead of fixing something that is? (AG cheese behind pillar) have you never heard the saying "why fix it if it ain't broke?"?  

If they haven’t fixed this, is it safe to assume that standing behind the pillars to avoid taking damage while attacking it Is Intended? I’ve played millions of games with boss fights in them- Not EVERY fight needs to be designed as this elaborate intense fight, some bosses can actually be beaten by using strategy, and hiding between a spot it can’t go through would be seen in my eyes as strategy.

Just like there’s a boss in one of the old soul reaver games you could fight the old fashioned way and wither away at its health bar in a slow and tiring process, OR.. you could lure it under a dropping door gate and drop spiked gate on its head to instantly kill it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Sorry about the AG ai fix. It was done because Wanda and Walter could stand at a short distance any from him and he would stop attacking them. I will discuss this with the team.

alsoi hear from zark that it also happens if a melee character hits from certain distance

can we get a AG refresh? :3 just a little one

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

alsoi hear from zark that it also happens if a melee character hits from certain distance

13 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Anyone could if they spaced it right... 

on that topic because not many people are aware, ag stunlock is based on attack speed (not so much on positioning), if you have a consistent attack speed of 0.466666 your attacks get perfectly synced to cancel its charge, but because attack speed is inconsistent this is completely rng dependent

in other words please fix inconsistent attack speed seriously it's been in the game since release

Edited by Guille6785
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Was this sarcastic or did they change something with how the slingshot aggro works?

Nope not sarcastic, just wasn't mentioned in the main post.

For a long time the slingshot still drew aggro of mobs targeting other mobs. This was finally silently fixed in this patch :D

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

I just wished people suggest it in a nicer way than

tf, wtf, and f this and f that blah blah blah

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

:>

"It was great to fight the boss without cheesing"
while talking about cheese lol

This is the gray scale I talk about when ever cheesing comes up.  ppl like to draw their own arbitrary line on what is "legit" and what isn't, but the reality is the game is what it is.  AFW bone prisons used to be escaped by standing next to the cliff and most ppl considered this "legit strats," but it was simply bug exploitation and when the bug was fixed all the "skill" ppl whine about it lol.

Better to accept you draw the line where you want for yourself, and quit judging other ppl.  If Klei wants to fix pillars for the AG they can.  Just like they can fix ai exploits if they want.  Quit hating on ppl just b/c they play different then you.  If Klei reverts the change to the AG ai I'm all for it.  But don't forget its ai exploitation, no matter how much skill it takes to pull off...

<not directed at the quote, just I been in a lot of talks on these forums about cheese and what's "legit" and the reality is you're always exploiting the game>

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

"It was great to fight the boss without cheesing"
while talking about cheese lol

This is the gray scale I talk about when ever cheesing comes up.  ppl like to draw their own arbitrary line on what is "legit" and what isn't, but the reality is the game is what it is.  AFW bone prisons used to be escaped by standing next to the cliff and most ppl considered this "legit strats," but it was simply bug exploitation and when the bug was fixed all the "skill" ppl whine about it lol.

Better to accept you draw the line where you want for yourself, and quit judging other ppl.  If Klei wants to fix pillars for the AG they can.  Just like they can fix ai exploits if they want.  Quit hating on ppl just b/c they play different then you.  If Klei reverts the change to the AG ai I'm all for it.  But don't forget its ai exploitation, no matter how much skill it takes to pull off...

<not directed at the OP, just I been in a lot of talks on these forums about cheese and what's "legit" and the reality is you're always exploiting the game>

moving a little to prevent AG to do the uppercut at the same time that you get 2 extra hits meanwhile he charges is cheesing? lmao

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Ok sheesh. I just put it there to show that I wasn't trying to be toxic but instead respectful.

It didn't change the fact that it's about 1 hit now compared to the 2-3 hits before during normal conditions.

• Like 1