Why so many people think Wanda is Broken?

4 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

from what i see most people are too concerned on combat, but there's also the fact that she can revive infinitely and create personal wormholes and shorten very long travel distances

just what i see anyway

This- As someone who gets the MOST enjoyment out of this game by living off the land Aka- (Not moving every berry bush, Grass tuft, Sapling etc TO MY BASE & instead having to gather it from its naturally spawning location..) Wanda and her portals with no distance restriction trivializes that enjoyment of the game for me.

I mean yes sure okay.. maybe she has to quest from point A to point B ONCE but after that she doesn’t have the same struggle as every other character in the game- Managing her pretty little bars in the top right corner on her trip to and from Point A to Point B.

I mean there’s LITERALLY a Reason Why WRAITH in Apex legends can only place her portals so far… 

But WANDA is like she’s walking around with a pocket full of Acme Blackholes to and from Anywhere.

I guess she won’t feel nowhere near as broken for mega Base builders- And may even be a welcomed addition for them.. BUT in my eyes as someone who has always played the game by living completely off the land and not “bringing everything I need to me..”

WANDA IS BROKEN.. there’s no dispute about it.. 

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

This- As someone who gets the MOST enjoyment out of this game by living off the land Aka- (Not moving every berry bush, Grass tuft, Sapling etc TO MY BASE & instead having to gather it from its naturally spawning location..) Wanda and her portals with no distance restriction trivializes that enjoyment of the game for me.

I mean yes sure okay.. maybe she has to quest from point A to point B ONCE but after that she doesn’t have the same struggle as every other character in the game- Managing her pretty little bars in the top right corner on her trip to and from Point A to Point B.

I mean there’s LITERALLY a Reason Why WRAITH in Apex legends can only place her portals so far… 

But WANDA is like she’s walking around with a pocket full of Acme Blackholes to and from Anywhere.

I guess she won’t feel nowhere near as broken for mega Base builders- And may even be a welcomed addition for them.. BUT in my eyes as someone who has always played the game by living completely off the land and not “bringing everything I need to me..”

WANDA IS BROKEN.. there’s no dispute about it.. 

the tp clocks are so expensive, is a late game perk and as a late game expensive perk it should be strong

and she isnt as broken as you say

1 hour ago, Lord Cafe said:

Why so many people complain about her being OP? 

you can't go the battle with 40 clocks to heal or cut the heal animation you since there's not enough slots and there's cooldown between the uses so it's WAY EASIER to just make a bunch of food to tank instead of a lot of clocks, .

Some other people are suggesting that healing clocks should have durability just imagine how awfull that would be, the player having to all the time grab resources to make clocks to heal your HP that you keep loosing by just existing in the game? you don't die right up to starvation but you will die if Wanda get's to old so it's a completely diferent scenario 

I feel like these are great points that I don't see alot of people talking about, I think people forget that there's only 15 slots of Inventory and I'd doubt that People would be willing to have about 6 clocks on you at once during fights since it not only would that be a waste of space but it you would just eventually have 6 wasted slots that you'd have to wait to be able to use again. (Not even going over how expensive it is making Time pieces.) I think people don't really consider how it affects you in actual gameplay.

A character I'd like to also help my point is Walter with his Sanity mechanic.                                     When Walter came out, people were  Somewhat Complaining how it was a Bad downside since it was easy to avoid(just not get hit) , but that downside really stings you in early game and moments when you're not too careful,cause  if you get hit before you start finding ways to take care of Sanity, not only is it harder to Get sanity back since Dapper clothing doesn't affect him, but you're HP would also cause you're Sanity to drain since you've probably been hurt quite a bit, and I remember Many Servers I've played where I ended up getting Constantly Harrased By Shadow Creatures just to watch my Sanity dipped back  down after fighting them, all Because my HP was already low  in the aftermath, and it was not fun not being able to help others because I had Shadows on my back every 5 seconds.

5 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

From what I've seen the only thing that should get tweaked is her resurrection watches, and maybe, just maybe harsher cool downs, other than that she seems like a perfect glass cannon

I feel like her unique weapon could have its damage toned down slightly when out of charge, the fact it's a free, increased range hambat I feel is just a tad much, not THAT much though. It's charged up damage is fine as is though.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

simple solutions, don't play as her?, or just don't craft or use that clock at all, like I said before, the game doesn't force you to play like that if you don't want to 

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

isn't that a Hero shooter, battle royale game?, pretty sure DST isn't that type of game 

4 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

cuz people didnt realize dst isnt a moba game they r to busy comparin char with each other when this doesnt even matter for the sake of the game

this is not league of legends ppl need to chill

perhaps it's a little deeper than that

perhaps some people just love every official character and want to see them all being used

rather than running into a server with 5/7 wendys

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

perhaps it's a little deeper than that

perhaps some people just love every official character and want to see them all being used

rather than running into a server with 5/7 wendys

not even makes sense when this happens already since ever 
always was like that 

just be open minded about new chars when wendy/wolf are here and centralize the choices
  u guys are overreactin about a char which didnt even had a chance to play as, this is ridiculous

this drama happened when wortox arrived and guess what? nothin changed, ppl who enjoy playin as him are playin as him, wanda will bring the same diversity so

I keep seeing comments about Wanda being a glass cannon compared to other characters. I personally think that having a high risk, high reward character is a refreshing change from the usual playstyle.

Meanwhile no one is pointing out that Wanda still has a better mid-range Hambat at age 20 compared to all other characters in the game. This, I feel is a bit unfair since it makes most weapons obsolete (apart from Dark Swords and Glass Cutters).

Edit: Wait, someone did. :crushed:

5 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

I keep seeing comments about Wanda being a glass cannon compared to other characters. I personally think that having a high risk, high reward character is a refreshing change from the usual playstyle.

Meanwhile no one is pointing out that Wanda still has a better mid-range Hambat at age 20 compared to all other characters in the game. This, I feel is a bit unfair since it makes most weapons obsolete (apart from Dark Swords and Glass Cutters).

Edit: Wait, someone did. :crushed:

they are more focused on her revival clock because we all know that there is a death every minute of gameplay

27 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

cuz people didnt realize dst isnt a moba game they r to busy comparin char with each other when this doesnt even matter for the sake of the game

this is not league of legends ppl need to chill

I mean to be fair now that we got cooldown skills it does feel abit like a moba(don't kill me future commenters this is a joke)

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean to be fair now that we got cooldown skills it does feel abit like a moba(don't kill me future commenters this is a joke)

haha that was a funny one mate

right? cooldown is such a fun mechanic im impressed by how late this takes to be added once we ve had the forge event before with all those shenanigans

I don't know how to feel about Wanda, That's the problem.

Wanda looks very fun, and the idea of a glass canon is great, but then they also have all the mini wormholes. Comparably to the rest of the cast, she's a two in one deal.

Wolfgang only has combat skills, nothing else, Maxwell is really good at Gathering. These characters have simple upsides and are balanced around them. Wanda just has too much going on, maybe if the cooldowns for stuff was longer, and if her whip at 0 percent didn't rival the darksword, and didn't have infinite revives, I wouldn't mind.

But for now, she's alot.

4 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

haha that was a funny one mate

right? cooldown is such a fun mechanic im impressed by how late this takes to be added once we ve had the forge event before with all those shenanigans

7 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

wheeler had a skill and didnt need items to be used

Archived