Why so many people think Wanda is Broken?

Why so many people complain about her being OP? is that a joke? we literraly have Wolfgang which can do double damage, double speed, 300 health and 200 sanity which nullifies his unique "dowside" which is a completely joke but Wanda is op cus she can do more damage while having to stand with 7hp? you can literraly die if the battle takes to long and you forget to "heal" youself in time.

Teleporting to avoid hits takes time and more time in battle means more chance to die, that's why wolfgangs are always the rush characters for bosses you can easily go to the battle with 40 perogies and heal youself at every single hit without any problem and you can heal while attacking since there's a way to cut the healing animation in foods while keep atacking so it's literraly healing while attacking.

But you can't go the battle with 40 clocks to heal or cut the theal animation you since there's not enough slots and there's cooldown between the uses so it's WAY EASIER to just make a bunch of food to tank instead of a lot of clocks, eventually you will beat bee queen and having bundle wrap so food will not spoil so any character in mid game can easily have heal at any time so clocks healing and not "spoiling" or breaking ins't bad, i saw some guys saying that self revive is OP cus she can use all the time, i mean, this is really a problem? Life ammulets are EASY to craft sometimes i literraly don't pick red gems cus of how many i already have so having a ammulet to self revive ins't anything new in  this game, maybe they can change the time to take more days since we don't need short cooldows to self revive since the game ins't about dying and reviving.

Some other people are suggesting that healing clocks should have durability just imagine how awfull that would be, the player having to all the time grab resources to make clocks to heal your HP that you keep loosing by just existing in the game? you don't die right up to starvation but you will die if Wanda get's to old so it's a completely diferent scenario and hunger don't affect combat so Wanda would be have to fight for food while being low hp and having zero ways to heal herself to keep alive to grab resources cus her clock is broken while sleeping ins't even an option to heal like in Wormwood lack of heal scenario. Another point that a lot of people are saying is that she would be broken in public servers 90% of the player base complain that hunger / sanity is hard to manage do you really think all players in public server will be able to handle Wanda with 7hp to deal massive damage while as i said we have wolfgang and most of people enjoy DST to build not to always rush ruins in 30m to be OP thoose type of players aren't the majority.

I know it's to early to talk about the character but that's my point she ins't even released yet and people are already asking for a nerf while theres literraly a character in this game which is almost easy mod by just eating some meatballs which are  the most easy recipe in all game. Please stop asking Klei to nerf character, instead ask Klei to make all characters good with good mechanics we don't need to make someone else character worst to make your character shiny.

Sorry by any writing mistakes i'm still learning, Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

where did you get this number?

It isn't 7 HP, but it's quite low. Many people think that her age also means a health point, but no, If you we are at the age of 69 you would have 32 more damage to intake ( Armours can be used to lower the damage output ), if she was wearing a football helmet and a spider attacked her she would take 4 damage and age like a quarter of one year. But that's a spider and spiders don't need 150 damage to be killed, so if we are talking about bosses then she really is a glass cannon and that is good character design in my opinion, you have to risk it for the biscuit.

Edit: The 32 health left at age 69 is a very very near speculation and an educated guess, but she has basically 150 health.

Agreed, people forget wolfgang/wigfrid can do bossess with a far less risky playstyle thanks to their natural tankiness and ability to eat healing foods. Wanda has a lackluster way of healing and is in one shot territory against majority of bossess with armour IF she wants to replicate the damage output the other two characters have.

Just now, Dr.Medic said:

its because of the damage its ALWAYS about the damage its like thats the only thing that matters and the other things are just an extra so it seems

That seems to only be the icing on the cake.

Infinite self healing, infinite revive and transportation that puts wortox, antlion and the purple staff to shame seem to be the biggest concerns

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Infinite self healing

lol, did you see how little healing it does? takes one slot, healing only 7 years (not even 20hp, 10 tomatoes makes wes op then), has 2 min couldown and is her only way of healing

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

infinite revive

could have a nerf in the cooldown but life giving amulets are cheap (and stockpile cuz klaus) and with a meat effigie (kill some rabbits and chop a stack of logs) as backup you are basically inmortal

the worst complaint about her imo is her aging downside mean nothing because you can use the Ageless Watch" like do they want her to be unplayable or something?, it like saying Wigfird's downside mean nothing because she can eat meat? every character downside is pointless because you can do X, but what make the character unique is what the upside and downside affect your gameplay. Why does people alway want to compare this character to this character and say one is more OP, what is the point of that? this isn't a pvp competitive game

Wolfgang is OP, but why not all of the Wendy main, Wicker main,... just play as him? because some don't enjoy their gameplay, but guess what? some do enjoy being tanky, just like Wendy main enjoy having Abigail killing all the spider or Warly main enjoy the eat new dish every time gameplay ...  This isn't a pvp competitive game. The different character is meant for different people who enjoy different playstyle

I think the problem those people has is they don't have a friend with a common mindset to play with, so they have to join public server , and because it's a public server, it has every kind of people, including people with a character and gameplay that they don't like. Rather than accepting it, they want Klei to remove what they don't like about a character to force other player play the way they want 

5 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

its because of the damage its ALWAYS about the damage its like thats the only thing that matters and the other things are just an extra so it seems

in a world where misery toadstool has the gall to exist, it seems reasonable that people would focus on the damage, albeit overlooking the late game fast travel options is absolutely a mistake.

6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Infinite self healing, infinite revive and transportation that puts wortox, antlion and the purple staff to shame seem to be the biggest concerns

aaaaand as for this, the revives are fair enough, the healing absolutely pales in comparison to what you can get out of a simple potato/toma root farm, and while there is a slight argument to be made about wortox, lets be real here nobody uses the lazy deserter or the telelocator unless you are doing something ludicrous, like a multi person megabase.

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

lol, did you see how little healing it does? takes one slot, healing only 7 years (not even 20hp, 10 tomatoes makes wes op then), has 2 min couldown and is her only way of healing

nothing any backpack or chester can't handle I would think

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Don't forget that on top of juicy damage Alarming Clock has range of a whip. Which helps kiting and even unfueled still deals good dmg and never breaks.

yes, the weapon is the concern more than her other perks, is way too good. Boss loot tier at a cheap cost and crafteable in shadow manipulator with stupid base damage when empty and kinda high when charged (i though the 68 damage limit was a thing to give some coherence to humans not doing more damage than a giant but is magic, doesnt distub me much that part)

Like I said in the other thread, don’t give her clocks a cooldown at all if she’s not holding them.. meaning to actually use the revival clock it has to be in her inventory.. she couldn’t just craft 40 of them and leave them laying around near a boss because outside of her own hands Time in the constant is moving so slowly it appears the clocks have slowed to a stop.

Remember it’s her own timeline that’s broken- that would be HUGE for her lore and a justifiable Nerf in my opinion.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Like I said in the other thread, don’t give her clocks a cooldown at all if she’s not holding them.. meaning to actually use the revival clock it has to be in her inventory.. she couldn’t just craft 40 of them and leave them laying around near a boss because outside of her own hands Time in the constant is moving so slowly it appears he clocks have slowed to a stop.

Remember it’s her own timeline that’s broken- that would be HUGE for her lore and a justifiable Nerf in my opinion.

you can do the same with life giving amulets but guess what? nobody dies that much so i dont get why people are focused that much in her revive clock when she has an infinity weapon that stunlocks easier, has hambat base damage, extra range so some bosses cant reach you and can be fueled to get more damage

I've seen some people say that wanda is op because she can teleport everywhere she wants to with a backtrek watch, keep in mind a backtrek watch costs 1 walrus tusk, and unless yall have some walrus tusk farm that I don't know about, It'll be hard to get 2 walrus tusks without your team.. enraging.

Just now, Well-met said:

I don't think it's 7 hp it's actually more like 18 every use if you factor in the 2.5 modifier

just what i said? 7 years = >20hp. To heal 40 every 2 minutes you waste 2 slots, cant cooldown inside bundlewraps

1 minute ago, Groopwo said:

I've seen some people say that wanda is op because she can teleport everywhere she wants to with a backtrek watch, keep in mind a backtrek watch costs 1 walrus tusk, and unless yall have some walrus tusk farm that I don't know about, It'll be hard to get 2 walrus tusks without your team.. enraging.

we cant have op late game stuff, for that the crown has 85% sanity requiriment

11 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Does it make every Wortox main who enjoy his gameplay just drop the character entirely to play as Wanda?

and even if it does, what makes it affect you? :v

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

nothing any backpack or chester can't handle I would think

you clearly don't enjoy Infinite self healing, does the game force you to put a bunch of clock into your backpack and play that way or you want to do that in the first place? 

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you can do the same with life giving amulets but guess what? nobody dies that much so i dont get why people are focused that much in her revive clock when she has an infinity weapon that stunlocks easier, has hambat base damage, extra range so some bosses cant reach you and can be fueled to get more damage

This part I can careless about… As a Wendy Main you can pretty much guess why. And as a 4th Wes Main.. I STILL Careless..

Its Unfair to compare Wanda to Wolfgang, Because despite the illusion people seem to have with him- he WILL get Reworked and god when he does I can only pray SOMETHING takes a Nerf.. or requires more work then just eating a few foods.

I am also not convinced at all that Klei won’t add new easy to get noob friendly but better weapon types before it’s over with (Cork-Bat Hamlet..) Which make her clocks Less OP as you think they are..

The one thing that I DO see as OP however is Personal Wormhole portals across any length of distance from anywhere in the world that can carry multiple players through.

Yet… I couldn’t grab a teammate as Wortox and teleport them across small gaps (something people do with boat kits now..)

2 minutes ago, MikoFanboy said:

Does it make every Wortox main who enjoy his gameplay just drop the character entirely to play as Wanda?

and even if it does, what makes it affect you? :v

you clearly don't enjoy Infinite self healing, does the game force you to put a bunch of clock into your backpack and play that way or you want to do that in the first place? 

No reason to be so aggressive, my agitated friend. I am merely summing up the wanda posts I've read over the last hours.

Archived