• Dragon Fruit
    • Durian
    • Garlic
    • Onion
    • Pepper
    • Pomegranate
    • ugh, I don't like farming, all crops suck
    • all crops!

I would love to see what crop that people enjoy the most, me personally, I love potatoes, their cooked versions are so amazing for hunger and health, 2 cooked potatoes gives the same amount of health as dragonpie, and you won't need to waste your time cooking the dish. 
Also, Warly, Willow and Walter can cook them faster!
(they're ALSO Wolfgang's favorite food)

Potatoes are also an amazing crop because they are very common, I get at least 5 per garden

Fertilizing and caring for potatoes is so easy you can get giant ones very early game if you get enough potato seeds.
Note: You won't get giants unless there's at least 4 plants in a one tile radius. 

Anyway, what are your opinions, what's YOUR favorite crop?
You can have more than one opinion if you do

I also love onions and pepper, peppers are great for its spice if you're Warly, otherwise, they're not that great
And onions are also great for Warly's dishes

I'm a Wigfrid main, the only veggie I consider worthwhile is dragonfruit in long running worlds so I can easily domesticate beefalo.

Whenever I switch characters, I just eat dragon pies because why eat literally anything else when you make farm production as huge as I do :p

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

None of them.

Dragonfruit used to be somewhat decent back in the day, but then RWYS came along and turned farming into a needlessly complicated slog.

I just stick to Meatballs and Pierogies nowadays.

Growing crops is so simple, that makes needing food a joke. when crops can self fertilize themselves while you reap the rewards by just using one use of a weather pain. I usually have too much food then too little.

8 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

Durians. Potatoes are a close second, though.

R u a wurt main? Cuz, Durians aren't great unless you're her

10 minutes ago, Flarezen said:

Growing crops is so simple, that makes needing food a joke. when crops can self fertilize themselves while you reap the rewards by just using one use of a weather pain. I usually have too much food then too little.

the dragonfruit's fertilizing requirements is awful for a simple plant, and you can only get giants in spring in summer, dragonfruit isn't my #1 go to

2 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

R u a wurt main? Cuz, Durians aren't great unless you're her

the dragonfruit's fertilizing requirements is awful for a simple plant, and you can only get giants in spring in summer, dragonfruit isn't my #1 go to

I never really grow dragonfruit since its awful season requirements and spoiling in six days. they do make great wax decoration

21 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

None of them.

Dragonfruit used to be somewhat decent back in the day, but then RWYS came along and turned farming into a needlessly complicated slog.

I agree, dragonfruit wasn't as best as it used to be, which is a very unfortunate disappointment

Just now, Flarezen said:

I never really grow dragonfruit since its awful season requirements and spoiling in six days. they do make great wax decoration

It's always good for decoration :D

I like them all on account of self nourishing crop combinations. Every time I start up farms in the friend server to get more spices, both my friends sigh with relief knowing we will have overabundance of food for the next several seasons. 

6 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

None of them.

Did someone hack your account?

Why the sudden change of heart...? You used to praise farming.

Just curious.

I chose tomatoes asparagus corn pumpkin eggplant and dragonfruit :mrgreen:

Cooked tomatoes are the cheapest way to heal beefalos i think, more convenient than raw blue caps by a mile imo. I grow fields of giant tomatoes in the spring and bundle them for the rest of the year. 

Asparagus are my fav crop to grow, theyre super easy because of the rot requirement and they grow in the two seasons where u barely need to water urself. Both the regular crop and giant verson r also really pretty. I love making a ton of veg stingers for ruins and AF. 

I rarely do crop combos cuz fertilizing them myself is more fun for me. When i do my fav combo is pumpkin+corn+eggplant. Its so pretty together! Ill also do 3 pumpkins and 6 corn sometimes (needs a few extra rot for the corn and right config for the pumpkins to get family bonus). Corn is a rot eater too so super easy to monoculture them as well and eggplant is a poop eater and heals for 20 when cooked. 

Dragonfruit is just a classic :roll:

i hate potatoes. :evil:

Dragonfruit are the only reason I farm. Every spring and summer for me is dragonfruit season. They are so easy to grow since you can just use a 1:2 dragonfruit to Toma root ratio to not have to worry about nutrients. Dragonpies incredible utility combined with the ease of mass producing dragonfruit makes them my favorite food. I just use dragonpies for the hunger at this point since I always have so many. The only downside to dragonpies I can think of is obtaining fillers, which isn’t a very difficult task.

8 hours ago, Flarezen said:

I never really grow dragonfruit since its awful season requirements and spoiling in six days

Do you eat your dragonfruit raw? Dragonpies take 15 days to spoil (iirc) and since dragonfruit are best grown in spring and summer, you’ll probably have the bundle wrap blueprint by the time you start growing dragonfruit.

Archived