1. 1. Do you like meaty stew as a dish?

• AMAZING!!
    • Good
    • it's okay
    • meh....
    • terrible!
    • Useless as heck!

7 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

I usually do meat + monster meat + 2 morsel, drumstick or frog leg early, when I have alot more meat available I do 2 meat 1 monster meat 1 filler, regardless it's a pretty nice dish overall.

Today i learned something new. I always did  2 large meat + monster meat + 1 morsel.  Didn't know you can do the same with 2 morsel

Cool dish. Makes new players feel like they've briefly won the game.

3 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Don't forget, that meaty stew increase your temperature for a bit, which save me few times at winter.

this does not exist in DST

29 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Check the cookbook (i cant right now), it tells you the side effects of food. I know that dragon pie or honey hams warms because the book but i dont remember if meat stews have side effects

I'm already checked, here no effect. But when I just start freezing in the game and eat stew, freezing stops. Maybe, someone can check in game files, or try to check it with mods...

15 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

I'm already checked, here no effect. But when I just start freezing in the game and eat stew, freezing stops. Maybe, someone can check in game files, or try to check it with mods...

maybe wasnt the stew but other factor like temperature changing

12 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

I feel that meaty stew is a very useless dish in many ways. It's one of those dishes I don't really enjoy... Here's why

• Requires big meat!
  • Doesn't really help with hunger issues

Another reason on why this dish is useless is because you could use the same amount of meat you use in the meaty stew for 4 meatballs, which gives more hunger than 1 meaty stew (250 hunger for all 4 meatballs), you also won't have to waste them all at once! And making meatballs doesn't require big meat like meaty stew does. i'd rather waste my meat on ham bats (yes even in late-game!)

So really, meaty stew isn't all that great imo, at least make it to where it doesn't require big meat like it does now...

Thanks for putting your time into reading this post :D

Large meats are extremely easy to farm. Just off the top my head; an early-game player can get them by

>Killing pigs

>Killing Werepigs

>Killing Tallbirds

>Killing Volt Goats

>Killing Koalaphants

>Killing Beefalo

>Killing Catcoons.

And on top of that; as has already been pointed out; When comparing the hunger to meatballs, you also need to keep in mind what you're loosing with the filler.

If you have 3 berries, then the net-gain on meatballs is going to be comically low. And if you use anything as filling as a carrot; you're only going to be breaking even on hunger.

Meaty Stew, meanwhile, has a 200% hunger return on the meat you put into it. If you use ice, you are literally doubling the efficiency of your ingredients. Slightly more than that, actually, due to the health and sanity bonus.

3 hours ago, Milordo said:

Today i learned something new. I always did  2 large meat + monster meat + 1 morsel.  Didn't know you can do the same with 2 morsel

meaty stew has a meat value requirement of 3.

meat, monster meat and leafy meat all have a meat value of 1

frog legs, drumsticks and morsels all have a meat value of 0.5

therefore 2 meat value of 1 items and 2 meat value of 0.5 items can make meaty stew.

to make 4 meat balls you alsol have to use 12 berrys or ice or what ever literaly using more for pretty much the same amount sure meaty stew is not so good for some characters since stew gives 150 hunger wich is the max hunger for most characters meaning eating this whit 0 hunger is the best to eat it for those but dont forget stew alsol gives 12 heal so the starvation damage you take is alsol not exist alsol wolfgang warly and wortox is a good reason to eat stew not only is 3 big meat easy to get literaly just kill some random pigs but the 4th item can be pretty much anything too so 2 big meat 1 monster and 1 ice to make big food is realy easy to do so and if you like meat balls soo much then i would say you can alsol get whit 4 meat bacon and eggs wich whats your opinion on that that it alsol needs like 4 meat in a way?

Archived