maxwell rework next?

20210810023102_1.thumb.jpg.e0495cfcb65a2c2baf37bd22eeb629c5.jpg

lookin at the compendium and at the survivors i see maxwell has a private video now it used to be an actual video the video was the one last performance of maxwell as he got inside the cotexumbra but now its this private video so it can only mean something

image.png

The video was unlisted for the longest time iirc(Since it was part of a puzzle and you had to figure out the link)

Maybe they figured there was no point in keeping it unlisted?... but in that case I dont understand why they couldnt have just made it public, considering the original puzzle is years old now.

I hope they don't rework Maxwell with their current reworking philosophy... They'd probably just end up ruining him. Maxwell actually has a good gameplay loop with an interesting downside and playstyle, so I think he is one of the characters least in need of one. I would welcome any change to shadow duelists though.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:18 PM, Souper said:

I hope they don't rework Maxwell with their current reworking philosophy... They'd probably just end up ruining him. Maxwell actually has a good gameplay loop with an interesting downside and playstyle, so I think he is one of the characters least in need of one. I would welcome any change to shadow duelists though.

Honestly, if they just gave Maxwell back his old shadows with a little bit of health regen and no 2.5 day timer, I think Maxwell would be perfect.

No afk playstyle, and shadows that can be recycled for multiple purposes. Duelists feel a lot better to use when you aren't sinking value into a shadow that can ONLY fight.

Maxwell could always get a Wigfrid style refresh, where Klei just adds more content that really isn't necessary or that impactful, but I think he's just fine as is, lots of other characters need one a lot more than him.

Archived