Jump to content

[Game Update] - 473928


Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Changes

  • The leafy canopy provides protection from overheating due to the world temperature.
  • The Above-Average Tree Trunk grows some Mossy Vines now.


Bug Fixes

  • Fixed how the Waterlogged light rays work for clients
  • Fixed a bug causing the tree canopy to not show up for multiple players.
  • Fixed a couple bugs related to improperly drowning when you're actually on a boat.
  • Fixed a bug causing the boat camera to not work properly when you connect to a server on a boat.
  • Fixed a bug causing anchors to not slow you down properly in certain circumstances.
  • Sailing mechanics have been slightly tweaked in relation to the above fix.
  • Other leafy canopies will show up properly after an Above-Average Tree Trunk is cut down.
     

View full update

  • Like 28
  • Thanks 6
  • Hunger 1
  • Big Ups 4
  • GL Happy 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Changes

  • The leafy canopy provides protection from overheating due to the world temperature.
  • The Above-Average Tree Trunk grows some Mossy Vines now.


Bug Fixes

  • Fixed how the Waterlogged light rays work for clients
  • Fixed a bug causing anchors to not slow you down properly in certain circumstances.
  • Sailing mechanics have been slightly tweaked in relation to the above fix.

View full update

 


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR the figs! Incredible stuff!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Above-Average Tree Trunk grows some Mossy Vines now.

YESS! There we go, Klei doesn't disappoint. Finally the update should be functionally well and significantly impactful. I still have many small unfulfilled suggestions here and there like increasing the meat value of trunks, fruit value of figs and buffing the stats of Figgy frogwich but this was the most crucial point of the update that needed fixing and it should be perfect now. 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Well.. now the Waterlogged biome trully can be entirely abandoned after visiting and gathering the seeds.

Add a fireflies spawner within the Great Trunks to prevent that, Klei.

That's not true. It was a very irrational reservation in the first place. The biome itself is still the sole source of Knobby Nuts, grass gators, striders and sweetish fish beyond offering its own set of figs. Not only would you have to go to the biome to interact with any of these, it provides a great spot to visit when sailing to get stocked up on figs, large fish, monster meat, silk, gland, leafy meat on top of providing rain and heat protection.

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Well.. now the Waterlogged biome trully can be entirely abandoned after visiting and gathering the seeds.

Add a fireflies spawner within the Great Trunks to prevent that, Klei.

Aren't we technically bringing the biome home?

Seems to me we're never leaving the biome actually. Its in the backyard! 

Edited by HowlVoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Whyro said:

Please, can you increase the amount of new turfs that can be added by a mod 

goodness, how many mods are you enabling?

12 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

That's not true. It was a very irrational reservation in the first place. The biome itself is still the sole source of Knobby Nuts, grass gators, striders and sweetish fish beyond offering its own set of figs. Not only would you have to go to the biome to interact with any of these, it provides a great spot to visit when sailing to get stocked up on figs, large fish, monster meat, silk, gland, leafy meat on top of providing rain and heat protection.

For sure! It provided a lot of needed sources of basic materials to get out on the ocean, Grass gators are bloody fantastic for leafy meat and honestly I think they're better than lureplants in a lot of cases, they respawn in 1/4th of a day which is quite quick!(Unless this was silently changed)

I hope to see the trees protect things underneath from the full moon, and that'll seal the update for me. :smile:

  • Like 3
  • Health 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

The biome itself is still the sole source of Knobby Nuts, grass gators, striders and sweetish fish beyond offering its own set of figs.

Don't Above-average Trees drop knobby nuts? I think I've read somewhere that they do, could ofc be mistaken.

Striders, gators and sweetish fish are just filler pieces of content for the ocean. Sorry but they are nothing more than just something you see and go 'cool... that's in the game'. At least to me.

Come to think about it, this biome in general feels pretty 'meh' to me. It's nice but nothing exceptionally remerkable. Don't get me wrong, I will use the trees for decoration, maybe I'll even teleport a gator or two. It's just that I think this biome could be more useful to players with a firefly spawner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Don't Above-average Trees drop knobby nuts? I think I've read somewhere that they do, could ofc be mistaken.

They do not. If you want more trees you'll need to go back to the original biomes.

  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

a Firefly spawner around great trees just seems like such a perfect solution for renewable fireflies, seems like a pity to not seize that opportunity. 

Above average trees growing mossy vines is awesome, thanks! 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Don't Above-average Trees drop knobby nuts? I think I've read somewhere that they do, could ofc be mistaken.

Oh heavens no, only Great Trees drop knobby nuts, ramming full speed into your Above Average Trees will reportedly do nothing. result in the destruction of your arduous efforts to grow them and will yield you whooping 6 logs [The content is finally functionally good thanks to this update but c'mon Klei, consider making knobby trees drop more logs and driftwood for the sake of logic]

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Striders, gators and sweetish fish are just filler pieces of content for the ocean. Sorry but they are nothing more than just something you see and go 'cool... that's in the game'. At least to me.

Come to think about it, this biome in general feels pretty 'meh' to me. It's nice but nothing exceptionally remerkable.

Well, I guess that boils down to what people expect from a new biome. In my opinion the Great fig tree biome offers a remarkably well done lovely environment brimming with life, character and opportunities. Of the three fauna indigenous to the biome, I find gators to be the most interesting and noteworthy as a very potent leafy meat source. Sweetish fish are simply another reliable fish source and striders exist to pose a minor threat, be a nuisance and provide spider loot at sea. Together with the canopy, driftwood, figs and so many fireflies I think it's a very significant biome. I understand your gripe that it doesn't provide something very unique like the moonstone altar, a boss or the oasis but I think it's fine that it doesn't, its existence adds a lot to the ocean and the seafaring. Sure, respawning fireflies or gators having a chance to drop sapplings/tufts would be extra cool but it already stands on its own as it's unique and very useful environment [from a quick visit to the biome, you can instantly transform from a crew that is injured, seasick and running out of food to a crew full of beefy greens, surf and turfs, california rolls, fish sticks, meaty stews, fig kababs and figatonis].

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 8
  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Hornete said:

The Above-Average trees now drop 19 logs when chopped down :-).

uu, sneaky addition, thanks for informing :D 

A little weird that they don't drop any driftwood considering how many white parts they have but ohwell, another box on the list of requested changes to check off.

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

ramming full speed into your Above Average Trees will result in the destruction of your arduous efforts to grow them

I'm pretty sure Above Average Trees cannot be destroyed via ramming. I just tried with 3 Winged Sails.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

uu, sneaky addition, thanks for informing :D 

A little weird that they don't drop any driftwood considering how many white parts they have but ohwell, another box on the list of requested changes to check off.

Driftwood irl is actually old dead wood that floated in the ocean a long time, so it wouldn't make much sense to drop from a freshly chopped tree

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...