what's your favorite feature(major) update(s)?

Here are my two:

She Sells Sea Shells: It brought with it the first quest we have ever had, shell bells, wobsters, and Crab King. Some people don't like Crab King, but I'm my opinion he is a very interesting fight that get better with more players.

Eye of the Storm: The Best RoT update in my honest opinion. Lore? Wagstaff? Infinite full moons? Infinite mushlights and glowcaps? A brand new boss? This update had it all. 

Forgotten knowledge yeh boooooi.

I will never not love new biomes and critters to exploit. I was hoping we'd get more added to those biomes this year but we're getting ocean content instead (and that's ok).

Wormwood got a bit of indirect nerf and I was hoping for a unique interaction with mushgnomes, but oh well.

Mushcakes, terraforma, infinite dime light, etc, we got it all.

1 hour ago, thegreatJash said:

Here are my two:

She Sells Sea Shells: It brought with it the first quest we have ever had, shell bells, wobsters, and Crab King. Some people don't like Crab King, but I'm my opinion he is a very interesting fight that get better with more players.

Eye of the Storm: The Best RoT update in my honest opinion. Lore? Wagstaff? Infinite full moons? Infinite mushlights and glowcaps? A brand new boss? This update had it all. 

Don't forget that the moon storm can lead to possible roaming weather events like hurricanes or blizzards.  So many possibilities.

• Warly Rework
  • Hook, Line & Inker
  • Reap What You Sow
  • Turn of Tides

Over the last couple years, we saw DST evolve so much and distinguish itself from its classic singleplayer roots where so much became unrecognisable. Despite my little nit-picks, all the updates the game received since the 2019 rework were phenomenal and I love every single one of them. But if I had to pick favorites, I would pick the ones above. What they all have in common is that they morphed the fundamental basics of the game; after so long, we were blessed with new crops, new dishes, complete new fishing mechanics, seafaring, navigable ocean, lunar island, glorious return and extensive rework of a classic character and a very sophisticated agriculture system.

I think those signify the peak of how expansions can improve a good basis. As such, my favorite updates are the most daring, most revolutionary, most expressive ones; they are aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the game, they are inspired from the past and they shine innovation into the future. I can only hope that more such game-changing, transformative updates will arrive to build such greatness of the already great core of the game.

Turn of Tides- it added a huge new content rich set of biomes, and Boats, which I’ve wanted for forever!

While DST leaves MUCH to be desired with boats & ocean content in general... it’s still a starting foundation that can be improved & expanded upon.

Friendly Reminder: we still Have TWO Content updates scheduled in this year, and with Return of Them being concluded.. there’s no telling what those Two updates will be about.

But if the next update is the start of a new series of update chains- expect it to be as big (if not bigger) than Turn of Tides.

RWYS is great, I've always wanted to use dragon pies but farming sucked, just a shame DS still has bad farms

EOTS is amazing for megabases, the convenience of infinite light and sanity makes the late game way less tedious

Turn of Tides is alright, upon launch oceans were even more barren of content then they are nowadays, and the only reason to go to lunar was for glass items and kelp/stone fruit. I wish klei added more glass recipes to the game though

Heart of the Ruins from the A New Reign chain is definitely my favorite. I've really enjoyed all of the ANR content and how it all tied together quite nicely. I'm not really into the RoT expansion; it doesn't feel complete in a sense. Though I'm a big fan of RWYS, it was an awesome change that made farming both more complex and intricate while not turning it into a massive grind.

Archived