Present your own character ideas

3 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Just realized that bit, he officially wins the price of worst favourite food now^^

My line of thinking was that since the character would be eating meat for food and jerky for healing any excess (becoming stale) food would become an egg.

Since the character cant eat any dishes at all, recycling food becomes a bit harder. Eggs end up giving 24 hunger which I think is nice utility for a character who will have tons of meat thanks to the hunters knife. 

On 6/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, Atkvin said:

Catcoon character! Let's call them Whiskers off the top of my head.

Whiskers can eat any non-important items to use their stomach as a storage space at the cost of space for food, decreasing their max hunger. Uniquely, they do not drop items stored in their stomach upon death and retain them when revived.

Eating over Whiskers' max hunger at any point causes them to cough up a wet hairball of all the items they consumed which they may unravel (or consume again), as well as a highly perishable food item called Goopy Remains.

Goopy Remains replenishes 75% of the stats and effects from the most recent cooked meal Whiskers eats (created at no cost to their own stats). However, no character sans Whiskers will willingly eat Goopy Remains, and it can only be (force)fed to them. This means they increase the value of one meal and are even able to store it until it is needed so long as they do not prematurely max out their hunger.

(note: Whiskers will not create more Goopy Remains without eating another cooked meal first.)

Their drawbacks come in the form of awful eating habits as half a raccoon that make lowering max hunger risky. Under 50% of their remaining max hunger, Whiskers will snack on any food in their inventory on their own, but will especially prioritize foods that lower stats. (Keep monster meat away from them!) On the other hand, not having some food in the inventory for their snacky paws will instead cause a constant sanity drain.

They can craft rolling hairballs that function similar to tumbleweeds. One lights the path until the lightbulb in it rots, another is filled with spears and deals aoe damage as it rolls until the spears' durability are depleted, and seeks out enemies with nightmare fuel added into the recipe.

Lastly, for flavor, they gain a short lingering speed boost and Moggles effect when fighting or hurt by anything in the dark. Their favorite food is Monster Lasagna.

Their Victorian skinset would probably be like a sword swallower!

Did this in a few min but here's a brain vision of Whiskers (raw vision), their belly is great for hoarding more stuff

whiskers.thumb.png.fb1993dc31ea239ad7aaa8d6db8cc785.png

The Leatherface:

135524878_LeatherfaceChibi.png.35ec8a5bf23328917c73dc66398c0f2b.png

Stats:

Size: Big, equal Wolfgang full belly

Health: 300

Hunger: 300

Sanity: 300

Simple mind, so he doesn’t lose sanity over anything but hunger, the more hunger the faster he lose

Sanity (>75% don’t lose sanity, 50%-74% Lv1, 25%-49% Lv2, <24% Lv3)

Gain Sanity from breaking. choping and killing stuff (5 point per action), fighting.

Favorite food: Cooked Meat

SPECIAL ITEMS:

The Chainsaw:

810303819_LeatherfaceChibi-Chainsaw.thumb.png.de5e912742f1be3deb493e708d71f578.png

Ability: craftable via Special tab (cannot use by others), indestructable,  re-fuel with nighmarefuel, when equip Leatherface can charge (M2, run toward taget) at target (like woodie Moose form – Tackle) deal great dmg (Blunderbuss) when collided, self-stun 1 sec if collided with anything, can 1 shot breakable object (like: Tree, House, Rock…), deal dmg = Dark Sword with M1 atk

The Hammer:

1947879415_LeatherfaceChibi-Hammer.png.958893cbf182701eb523e32664a0bb64.png

Ability: craftable via Special tab (cannot use by others), work like hammer but only 2 swings for eveything (Mine, chop, break structure), dmg = ham bat

Stupid idea that I actually would use as my main character if it existed after looking at wildfire thread:

- 3* hunger drain

- Wes stats

- All fires in a quintillion metre radius are continuously put out.

2 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

Stupid idea that I actually would use as my main character if it existed after looking at wildfire thread:

- 3* hunger drain

- Wes stats

- All fires in a quintillion metre radius are continuously put out.

i feel like youd accomplish the same with an ice staff and being on the look out for wildfires

Spoiler
On 6/7/2021 at 7:29 PM, HowlVoid said:

Polish_20210607_093726952.thumb.jpg.55b7a93fb935b2d4ec41899d4c55bdce.jpg

Here on console we never got the opportunity to play Warbucks which is sad times. I know he was canned because of some colonizer nonsense, but there was another reason. The team decided he was also too "boring" which is so strange because then wouldn't you just, I don't know, not make him boring?

I would of changed him to a hunter similar to the crocodile hunter: Steve Erwin (but less animal friendly). An Australian hunter that loves to hunt and survive in nature. 

Perks:

Has a hunters knife

Reveal hidden contents

Knife does 1 damage and dealing the killing blow with it has a small chance to provide 1 additional loot: extra pig skin, meat, hound teeth, etc.

Knife also has a 5% chance at 1 shotting mobs starting at 50% hp. Bosses are immune.

Always comes prepared

Reveal hidden contents

Has two unique hunter clothing that only he can wear and they both have 120 insulation to BOTH the cold and heat.

Huntets cap: A fisherman's hat that protects against the heat and cold and has slots for lures. It can hold 8 different types of lure (same lures stack).

Hunter's Vest: a vest that protects against cold and heat and has 6/4 slots.

Can exploit an animals weakness

Reveal hidden contents

He will always have a small crit (10%) chance of doing double damage but if he uses the correct weapon type that chance increases (25%?). Different enemies have different weakness to a damage type.

Spears/strident trident/Darts- Puncture damage

Glass cutter/ Darksword- Cutting damage

Hambat/thelucite club/ morning star- Blunt damage

Cons: Hunters pride

Will lose sanity quickly if he goes too long without killing something

Will not eat dishes nor stale/spoiled food

Favorite food is raw eggs

warrrrr.JPG.f058eeebc3dcf055b74d5cbfe6f3cca3.JPG

I'd like to see Warbucks like a treasure hunter instead of a normal hunter, having some type of gimmick with ruins, archives, and sea treasures.

21 minutes ago, Najaf said:

As I always say.  A bee character.  With quirks around being friends with bees for honey production and killers bees for combat.

ehhhh i wouldn't want just another character based off a mob at least merms have some kind of lore to them and are pretty mysterious but bees are just eh? like we already have 2 faction characters in dst and i really don't want any more characters to be based off mobs especially something like bees i would want something more creative if its not human like wathoms design from uncomp mode (even tho he hasn't been released)

2 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

i feel like youd accomplish the same with an ice staff and being on the look out for wildfires

I wish, but I can't be on the look out on other players screens when I'm being chased by hounds. With that being said I'm definitely carrying an ice staff from now. 

Someone might have already said this I'm sure as I didn't go through every reply or anything, but seeing as we're supposedly only getting non humans, I would love if a little crow kid was added.

They could have their own crafting tab, making stuff like a little backpack/jacket combo that insulates and provides storage, not as many slots as a backpack, but still multipurpose. Birds wouldn't be scared of them, and if they had a crow in a cage then they could get 5 sanity from feeding the crow (max 5 times per day, so 25 possible sanity per day), and they lose 15 sanity if a bird is killed near them (I know that sounds sort of a useless mechanic but I like it).

I would say their favorite food is trail mix but that's already Walter's, so theirs could be maybe the Froggle Bunwich, although maybe since they're a Crow *kid* it should be something sweet like taffy. I also think that they should have some sort of a glide ability. Basically, they can do a short glide (maybe like around 7 seconds?) that makes them go a bit faster. They only have a 50% (or perhaps 75% I wouldn't want it to be too overpowered) chance of getting hit when they're gliding. If they try to glide over the ocean, a little wind current blows them back to land after a tile or so. I also think that they should have a slight damage reduction against specifically monsters (because they are scary).

Feel free to leave anything else, and thanks for reading!

Trying my hand at a crow character too! n.n

Wingston is a sharp, plucky crow kid not afraid to stand up for herself and those she cares about, but has a less courageous side and doubts she hides - her deepest ones being that she never learnt how to fly before she was separated from her parents, and wondering if she might ever find them without flight.

While she learns to survive and fly on her own, she keenly charts and learns about the world around her in hopes of spotting familiar landmarks to return to her parents and home someday.

Wingston's design revolves around finding and befriending the birds she meets, in doing so gaining information and new abilities from them to scout and brave the dangerous world.

Perks, drawbacks:

Spoiler

Wingston moves slightly faster than other survivors at default speed, and is able to approach birds of any species without scaring them (iterating on what @HojMcFoj posted!) to befriend them and unlock new abilities.

She takes more damage from any physical attacks due to the source of her speed, her hollow birdy bones.

However, a potentially bigger drawback comes in her diet... Wingston will start off only willing to eat seeds and goodies! ...Thankfully, she can craft seed snacks to supplement the diet - and even broaden her diet through her bird friends - but being a kid, if she consumes too many stale veggies or meat (ingredients and cooked dishes alike), she will become suspicious of the food type and refuse to eat them again.

In total, by befriending each type of bird, she will also be able to produce seeds when eating veggies/fruits, gain an attack buff from having meat, unlock flight and Weather Pain attacks, as well one other unique craft.

Wingston's Birdy interactions:

Spoiler

By feeding Gobblers, their diet rub off on Wingston and she will learn to eat veggies and fruit, and be able to produce seeds when eating them raw similar to a caged bird. From Buzzards, she gains an affinity for meat as well as an attack buff when she has meat in her inventory to be territorial over, so long as her diet still includes meat.

Redbirds, snowbirds and puffins offer gossip about the direction of biomes and structures when fed seeds of any kind which Wingston can follow with a compass.

Crows, being Wingston's kin, are key to her learning to fly. By acquiring and feeding all the different types of crop seeds to crows she meets, she can slowly learn to fly from them.

Flying cuts Wingston's max hunger in half temporarily, produces guano if her hunger was above 50%, and prevents her from holding anything in her hand -  but allows fast traversal over land, ocean, gaps, and grants invulnerability to some sources of damage that cannot reach her while flying.

Hatching a Tallbird Egg and growing it into a Tallbird will teach Wingston to craft a Nest Project(see her crafts).

Feeding a Pengull allows her to ride on one, and bring an army of them into battle.

And lastly, by feeding a Mosling enough food, Wingston will learn to create gusts like a Weather Pain's from her wings, her only way of attacking while flying. She cannot do this while on the ground, or make a second gust until the first has finished. Her Weather Pain gusts uniquely do not destroy structures or plants, but handily gather resources such as cut grass from tufts safely, further increasing her synergy with a librarian who can summon birds.

Upon death on the surface, Wingston spawns a murder of crows around her, mourning and investigating what killed their kin.

Crafts:

Spoiler

Wingston can craft seed snacks out of different types of seeds to whet her appetite and heal different stats for a small amount early on if the player is unable to expand her diet.

From the Tallbird quest Wingston can learn to craft a Nest Project which can be used on any tree. The project requires many sticks for Wingston to make her very own nest. Once completed, it allows her to roost on the tree and gain sanity over time as crows fly down to roost with her... As she roosts and listens to the tales of crows from around the world, she will be able to see more and more of the map in a growing radius around the nest over time, until the entire map is revealed/updated.

If Wingston or any other player leaves a jet feather in the nest, this will firstly spawn a murder of crows for any other character like she does when they die anywhere above-ground - and more importantly prime the crows to help collect their belongings back to the area around her nest.

In terms of OCs, there are some that I could share but I need to hold my tongue as they may actually come true as a mod in the future. Instead, I'll show off one of my more favorite non-OC character idea I came up with in the past.

About a year and a half ago I went through a FNAF phase, and yall aint ready. I made entire character ideas in my free time. A few actually had development progress put into them after the idea phase.

1016885002_DSTWilliamAfton.thumb.png.b89f6bbef43dc2bbf2cccbad378eaedb.png

Spoiler

William Afton (The Purple Guy)
"Michael! Don't leave me here!"

150 Sanity
150 Health
150 Hunger

* Designs and invents animatronics.
* Can get springtrapped.
* Haunted by vengeful spirits

* DESIGNS AND INVENTS ANIMATRONICS *

William has a special "Animatronic" tab.
    - All animatronic "models" can be deactivated by using the "Hand Crank" on the entity.
    - Animatronic models have varied "charge durations". If their charge depletes, they will deactivate and require either a electric doodad (gives a 1 day charge), a gear (gives a 10 day charge) or get hit by a morning star (5 day charge per hit)

* Metal Plating
    "For use in Parts & Service."
        - Used in Animatronic crafting Recipes, and also to repair Bonnie and Springtrap.

* "Freddy Fazbear" Model
    "The star of the show!"
        - Produces light
        - Follows William, or other players if he isnt around or the model is deactivated.
        - Has a 10 day charge.

* "Bonnie" Model
    "Let's Rock!"
        - Wanders around the area that he was placed. 
        - If a hostile mob is nearby, the Bonnie model will play it's guitar and draw aggro.
        - Has 1987 health. Deactivates when health reaches 0.
        - Requires Metal Plating to repair, with each healing the model for 200 each.

* "Chica" Model
    "Let's Eat!"
        -Harvests things near it's initial placement location. The model's pick speed is half as fast as a player.
        - When any character interacts with the model, it will open a chest cavity and spit out it's entire inventory.
    - Has a 5 day charge time.

* "Foxy" Model
    "Yarr!"
        - If interacted with by William, the Foxy model will run away and despawn offscreen. This prompt is called "Send on a Treasure Hunt".
        -When despawned, a hidden timer will start. This timer varies from 10 to 36 minutes.
        -When the timer ends, The Foxy model has a 80% chance to return to the player that sent him out with a random item from a loot table. It also has a 20% to never return, and will be permanently lost.

*Springbonnie Suit
    "What can possibly go wrong?"

-Placed like a structure.
        - William can "Equip Suit". Doing so will change his sprite and make his armor slots unable to be used. If something is in his chest/head slot, it will be thrown onto the floor.
        - When "Equipped", William has 50% damage resistance, night vision, gains 5.55 sanity per second, and makes shadow creatures neutral instead of hostile. In addition, haunted Animatronics will not pester or attack William.
        - The suit has durability, and will naturally decay at a rate of 10 per day. Being attacked while in the suit will also drain the durability, with a loss equal to 2x damage done (ex: If William gets hit for 10 damage, the suit will take 20% durability damage.)
        -If the suit's durability reaches 0, William will become Springtrapped.
        -William can unequip the Suit by right clicking it in his chest slot.
        -The suit can be repaired by the handcrank. Doing so will make William play the animation used for constructing the celestial portal. The durability will be repaired at a rate of 2 per second. The handcrank's durability will be reduced by 0.5 per second. William can see the Springbonnie suit's current durability on his HUD while he is repairing.

* CAN GET SPRINGTRAPPED *

If William is wearing a Springbonnie Suit while it's durability reaches 0%, he will become "Springtrapped".
    - William's sprite changes again, this time looking like the actual Springtrap character.
    - The springbonnie suit can't be unequipped, and the head slot is still locked.    
    - Loses 6.66 sanity per minute. Shadow creatures are still neutral.
    - The Hunger meter is flat-out disabled.
    - Health is set (and capped) to 1000. Health drains at a rate of 100 per day. Has 50% damage resistance.
    - If William dies, the springbonnie suit will fall apart underneath his ghost. If resurrected, William will no longer be Springtrapped.

- All recipes in the Animatronics tab become locked, except "Metal Plating". William can use these to "Repair Self", which heals him for 200.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

* HAUNTED BY VENGEFUL SPIRITS *

At random times, a vengeful spirit will spawn near William. It has similar AI to Gestalts
(WIP)

If an animatronic is nearby, the Spirit will haunt it. This has different effects depending on the Animatronic.

William can remove spirits from Animatronics with the Handcrank. Doing so destroys the animatronic, leaving behind 50% of it's crafting recipe as if it was hammered. The handcrank prompt is still the same as before, being "Deactivate Animatronic"

Freddy:
    - Will randomly grab William. When grabbed, Freddy will no longer produce light and will laugh.
    - William will see a durability meter on his HUD when grabbed, which starts at 0%. For every click that William does, the % will go up by 2.5. At 100%, William will break free.
    - Text will appear near the cursor, with the prompt to "Struggle".

Bonnie: 
    - When William gets nearby, Bonnie has a chance to loudly play it's guitar unprovoked. This will make hounds start barking, signalling a hound wave.

Chica:
    - When William tries to make Chica expel it's inventory, it has a 40% chance to become hostile and start attacking. This hostile version of the Chica Model has 750 health, 2 attack speed, and does 87 damage.
    - Note that Chica will NOT become agressive when William tries to destroy it with a hand crank.

Foxy:
    - Doesn't need to be haunted by a physical entity, but is instead considered haunted when William is insane.
    -If Foxy's timer ends while William is under 50% sanity, Foxy has a 50% chance to jump at William when it returns, doing 87 damage.
    -If William is insane, Foxy has a 100% chance to jump.
    - When Foxy jumps, he will break into pieces as he crashes against the ground.
    - Foxy will still leave behind an item from his treasure loot table.

When insane, a special yellow-tinted spirit can spawn. The mob is named "The One you Shouldn't have Killed".
    -Does not haunt animatronics.
    -If the spirit hits William, his body temp is set to 70 and *locked* there for 60 seconds. Fire will also spawn at William's feet.
    -This special spirit has a 10% chance to replace normal spirits when they spawn. When springtrapped, it becomes a 50% chance.

Christ, this is old...

Archived