• Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter(melon)
    • Winona

i saw the which character best poll everywhere and stuff but we never talk which one you enjoy most 

so

which one do you enjoy most and why?

edit: i accidentally pressed enter pls wait for me to finish adding characters

edit 2 : done

It's hard to decide, but I'm going with Wigfrid. She always gets me in the fighting mood and I imagine her singing proudly and annoying everyone. Plus her diet is most similar to mine. 

Walter (without the melon). Very fun with a caveat: don't get hit. Or get hit plenty when NF farming. Not to mix with boss fights though.. relatively - as much as one can?! Anyways, Krampus farming with the lil boy scout is pretty amusing, more so on old worlds (spawning more of them devils), in a relaxed yet still active manner. His Morsels-to-Gold Nuggets exchange (from yeeting birds, resulting meat given to Pig King) is proverbial.. gold: can stack them nuggets in no time, feed some hungry newbies/noobs/casuals and still having more for personal sniping use. Not to mention the pellets palette. Boss fights like Klaus are quite comical. For Celestial Champion Walter is a default God-send. Meanwhile AFw is veritable nightmare, pun much intended - if not cheesing. A lot of contextual use if one gets good with his particular "glassy canon" mechanics.

I can't pick 2 but I'd say Wigfrid and Warly. Warly is probably one of the most balanced characters in DST. Ok sure, his spices and jelly might be a little strong, but you have to keep in mind he has a very impactful downside. Sure, you can just eat 2 meaty stew when you're starving and you'll be fine, but what about bosses? Restoring sanity/health becomes a problem, but this is balanced out by the much higher damage,

As for Wigfrid, she's probably my 2nd favourite character to play, behind Wendy. Even before her refresh, she was still one of the most fun characters to play. Unlike Wolfgang, her damage boost is consistent and always active, she has actual damage reduction (not pseudo damage reduction), and an interesting downside. Her songs are great as well, I especially love clear minded cadenza, as it allows you to maintain the enlightened crowns damage buff at all times, even against foes with stronger sanity auras. I wish fireproof falsetto gave fire immunity, as this would allow for fighting enraged dragonfly, which is a much more interesting fight than regular old dfly. The active songs are very niche, the most well known one probably being the cancellation of klaus deer spells.

Also poor WX lol

I think its kinda personal and the reasons as well but just to add a opinion which was asked for: I have much fun playin as Wortox cuz his quotes and voice shines my day. I love his rhymes and laugh style. also mechanics as well but for sure his personality in first place.

Wormwood mains rise up!

You gotta think outside the box and get out of your comfort zone for this character.

Pierogie? Nope.

The reward for investing my time in figuring him out has been both a pleasure and rewarding. 

Wormwood mains rise up!

Wes, Warly, and Wormwood offer some interesting complexities & downsides that other characters lack. They're also rather good at supporting their team.

Wes & Warly also have some of the best appearance & character of the cast.

I main Wendy. With that said I haven't played her for quite a long time, and I haven't played all characters to judge the choice fairly.

So far I'd say Woodie. His transformations just make the things I enjoy the least to be the interesting. I mean, I can scout the map much faster with Goose and chop down entire forests with Beaver. And Moose just let's me battle bosses and clear ruins without that much preparations.

Still, Wendy is my close second, with ghostly aoe and ALCHEMY which I just love as a game mechanic.

Wurt is my third. I just adore that victorian skin and merm kingdom is quite beneficial, although the recipe limitations can be annoying. Not in terms of starving,but with farming being nearly mandatory in order to get good meals. I'm trying to break my farming addiction and my friends can only get so many bundling wraps before they just give up and let it all rot in our overloaded ice boxes.

Walter melon? nice DS quote reference there.

...I main Wortox. obviously. Who doesn't love hopping around and just being able to massacre spiders without armor?
Yeah sure, enemies all around but who cares when you can take their souls instead.

If I think of fun for all players, I gotta say Wendy. The ability to kill hordes of mobs while not being able to take out bosses with ease can give a bit of a challenge aspect to most players (especially new ones). Wendy Is ok with the dark which makes for a more laid back style of gameplay, not having to worry about sanity drastically. Abigail can make for a good partner in killing anything and helping with dog waves and such. Her sisturn is nice for sanity (especially for new players who may be afraid of nightmare creatures), giving her a nice reliable source of sanity. 

She's all round a fun character for me, especially a good starting character.

That's my thoughts

I’m not surprised by the votes on Wigfrid. She’s a powerful fighter and has become more interesting and even more powerful with her rework.

Overall she strikes a good balance of supporting and having individual perks. She is often compared to Wolfgang but they play out very differently. Her low hunger stat and dietary restrictions really slow her down significantly during, let’s say the first year or so, but on the other hand she is much more relaxed in a slower playstile and provides great team support.

I really love Wormwood. I've recently finished an attempt at a ruins rush with him, and trying to work around his downside and such in unique ways is definitely some of the most fun I've had playing a specific character.

Also, I really like the farming system and he makes it even easier to be the team's designated farmer. In a recent world with other teammates I literally just farm all the time, and I'm definitely not complaining.

1-Wurt: Because she is interesting and her complex gameplay make her really unique and makes you feel play a different character. Also she is strong enough to survive but not OP.

2-Wormwood: Same reason as Wurt be I think he is a little weak. He could be a little better.

3-Warly: I'm pretty new about playing him but after you get relax in gameplay, he is really funny to play with and looks fascinating for after game things. I would be happy if have few starting perks that help players.

4-Maxwell: His personality.

5-Woodie: Nice character with destroyed lore.

And worst character is Wortox imo. He is an imp with teleport staff. Strong but not funny to play.

Archived