• Webber
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter(melon)
    • Winona

i've been having a lot of fun as wormwood

i really love wx and webber, but wormwood is so radically different it's shaken up how i play and i enjoy that

im a bit more careful when it comes to violence, but i've had a lot of funny jokes with my group about the amount of living logs i made

farming is also a lot better for us, which is great because we have a warly

and hey, nobody else is gonna use that glommer goop

3 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

i've been having a lot of fun as wormwood

i really love wx and webber, but wormwood is so radically different it's shaken up how i play and i enjoy that

im a bit more careful when it comes to violence, but i've had a lot of funny jokes with my group about the amount of living logs i made

farming is also a lot better for us, which is great because we have a warly

and hey, nobody else is gonna use that glommer goop

Isn't glommer goop a really good fuel as well as a powerful fertilizer for plots?

1 minute ago, clickrush said:

Isn't glommer goop a really good fuel as well as a powerful fertilizer for plots?

glommer goop will actually trigger wormwood's bloom as well as heal him! it was really exciting to find out

and in our world we have a lot of wood, manure and whatnot, fuels not much of an issue

I currently find Wigfrid the most fun to play, mostly because I've just started playing as her and am having too much fun mUrdERi--

I mean.... hunting animals for meat, as well as having a spear and helmet from the start. But there are a number of characters that I find really fun as well:

Wigfrid: Like I said above, it's fun being able to go into combat without much fear. I also haven't really learned what to do with her whole inspiration and battle song mechanic yet, but I can't wait to use it!

Maxwell: I like his natural sanity regen (I am pretty bad at maintaining my sanity, so Maxwell doesn't really help me in that department, uhhhh). However, what Maxwell does help me with combat. I'm normally a player who likes to stay at base and tend to the farm, but since there are things like hounds and seasonal bosses, I feel like I should get better at combat, and playing as Maxwell, with his low health, lets me challenge myself in that aspect.

Winona: I knOw a LoT oF pEoPLe doN't tHInk wiNONa is fUN, but I enjoy a basic experience with a few perks, even if they're not very useful to most players. But come on, Winona's personality and quotes are just really enjoyable. I always go out of my way to examine something to see what Winona will say... well, not when I'm being chased by shadow monsters, that is. I'm still tryna figure out how to manage sanity with her, as well. 

WX-78: Same reason why I play Winona, their quotes and personality are just hilarious. WX is really brutal when talking about organic things, and I can't get enough of it. As W0I0I0 said in the commentary appreciation thread: 

On 5/24/2021 at 9:17 AM, W0l0l0 said:

Can't wait for WX-78's short undoubtedly being a compilation of them abusing the other survivors.

Me neither, buddy. Me neither.

1 hour ago, fierysage1 said:

I'm still tryna figure out how to manage sanity with her, as well. 

She has the best favorite food for that. I'd argue it's in the top 3 most useful favorite dishes: Vegetable Stingers. With 1 Tomato/Asparagus, 1.5 veggies and an ice, you can make a quite long lasting (15 days) sanity heavy dishes (33 sanity) that will also sufficiently fill her (40 hunger). Together, the Asparagii and Tomatoes cover all 4 seasons and they have very convenient nutrient combos. Simple ingredients, easy to mass produce. Eat 2 everyday and you'll neither need any other foods to fill your belly nor go insane unless you wish to do so.

Veggie stingers decently powerful for the cost, but on characters that don't have food restrictions I recommend cooked green caps or cooked cacti. Both of these are very easy to farm up on the surface or in the caves respectively and require zero setup or tech, so you can in theory start getting them right after you join a game. When you have a farm going on and other base utility, then it can become more efficient to produce veggie stingers for boss fights and the like and to increase sanity very quickly. But for regular sanity restoration wearing tam o shanter or similar now and then and the very occasional tent usage should suffice.

Wortoxxx, that cute cryptic imp. It just feels good jumping across gaps to explore or escape, or fleeing from base to the hound death pit etc.. Not to mention the increased sustainability Wortox has on his own with little preparation - and the ability to heal everyone in battle just makes you feel nice and powerful.

It has made me a numbers glutton when it comes to food stats though - all I eat now is Meaty Stew and potatoes for hunger, and cactus for sanity (and soon probably Jelly Salad and the Milkmade Hat now that I've learned of them recently)

20 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

glommer goop will actually trigger wormwood's bloom as well as heal him! it was really exciting to find out

Wait, what?

Edit: OMG it's really works, so how is it works? Does it grow more time by time or should you eat another one for every state of bloom?

I mean, I'm a Willow main, so obviously.

But thing is, Willow is, on the surface, a very simple and noob friendly character, but has a pretty large skill gap. That bear can be used for so much and fire can be used to stunlock certain mobs and enemies. To effectively do these, calculation and time management is required.

No I'm not joking btw. Willow is big brain energy, trust

wurt because her downside and upsides help change up the gameplay. like being vegan at first sounds like a big downside but after you adapt it gets easier and easier until it turns into nothing at all once you are good at it and being a good faction character with an actually good faction (lookin at you webber) so it makes you go on this side quest where to get wurts full potential you need to put some work into it like merm king its a good perk but it isn't given to you you aren't given this killing machine that you spawn with which you can use to decimate everything cough cough wendy cough cough so once i actually get everything set up i get the feeling of "i am a god" where i put work into this and got my moneys worth

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

Wait, what?

Edit: OMG it's really works, so how is it works? Does it grow more time by time or should you eat another one for every state of bloom?

Every item that counts as growth formula triggers his bloom. Gloomer goop also count as manure and compost so it heals too

You can make the effect last longer if you keep consuming growth formula but i think is worth to wait for the bloom to end and trigger it again

A farmer's life has always been my life in survival games so Wormwood's right up my alley. After him I'm going to have to go with Warly, there's just something so rewarding about cooking up special dishes for your friends. It really is exciting to just see something that isn't meatballs pop out of a crock pot. 

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

Wait, what?

1 goop will start bloom, it takes around 3 days for wormwood to fully bloom (longer in winter) 

though using more goop makes bloom happen faster and last longer. though i usually use one, bloom, then whenever i go back to stage 2, use another, bloom again, then basically stay in bloom forever (will have to use more in winter since it lasts half as long) 

this also works with spoiled fish/spoiled fish morsels

glommer goop also heals a little, though i havent counted exactly how much 

16 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

1 goop will start bloom, it takes around 3 days for wormwood to fully bloom (longer in winter) 

though using more goop makes bloom happen faster and last longer. though i usually use one, bloom, then whenever i go back to stage 2, use another, bloom again, then basically stay in bloom forever (will have to use more in winter since it lasts half as long) 

this also works with spoiled fish/spoiled fish morsels

glommer goop also heals a little, though i havent counted exactly how much 

The Table in the Wiki page is accurate on this. Glommer's Goop will heal him 2 + provide him 4 additional healing for 4 seconds besides a full minute of blooming

Name

Wormwood

Health

Bloom

Growth Formula Starter

1 minute

Fermenting Growth Formula

2 minutes

Fermented Growth Formula

4 minutes

Super Growth Formula

4 minutes

Spoiled Fish

2 minutes

Spoiled Fish Morsel

1 minutes

Compost Wrap

8 + 32
(over 32sec)

4 minutes

Glommer's Goop

2 + 4
(over 4sec)

1 minute

On 5/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, ManuelMera said:

the only thing about wigfrid and warly is that you are going to starve and sometimes is anoying

Actually so long as you do hunts and actively fight wigfrid generally has a large surplus of meat I usually walk around with about 2 stacks of meat in the early game from hunts alone combine that with the fact meat is a long lasting food source and the most available food source and hunger mostly becomes a non issue so long as you have a weapon to fight this also applies to Warly.

25 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

if you think about it this is just a slightly disguised who do you main poll anyways /s

Depends really who you main and who you find the most fun isn't always equal for example while i main wurt I have to say playstyle wise I like wes the most.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Depends really who you main and who you find the most fun isn't always equal for example while i main wurt I have to say playstyle wise I like wes the most.

i was joking, but i must admit that i did not see that line of thinking at first because imo your goal in dst is to have fun and you'd normally main the character that provides you the most fun 

8 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

i was joking, but i must admit that i did not see that line of thinking at first because imo your goal in dst is to have fun and you'd normally main the character that provides you the most fun 

Wait, you guys are having fun?

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I completely agree! My main is Winona, but just above, I stated that I currently find Wigfrid the most fun to play.

My choice on who's most fun to play also tends to change depending on whether I feel like committing mass genocide, committing major deforestation, or committing arson by starting wildfires (in my own private worlds, I'm not a griefer guys, I swear).

Archived