Is temporal tear in the DLC now as a win condition?

I've asked elsewhere, and I keep getting varying answers. Too many people seem angry that I don't want to play the game as a pure sandbox, and want a game with win conditions.

I'm happy that a lot of people don't need win conditions, but I do, and there's nothing wrong with that. So could I just get a straightforward answer as to whether the temporal tear win condition is available in the DLC right now, or if not, if there is any expected time line or discussion as to when it will be (or some other replacement win condition)?

At this moment there is no temporal tear in the DLC.

But there is this guy who decompiles game graphics and he saw (and shared) buildings and rocket modules related to the tear, so it seems KLEI has some plans for it, but they are not yet fully implemented in the DLC

26 minutes ago, SlyFrog said:

I've asked elsewhere, and I keep getting varying answers. Too many people seem angry that I don't want to play the game as a pure sandbox, and want a game with win conditions.

I'm happy that a lot of people don't need win conditions, but I do, and there's nothing wrong with that. So could I just get a straightforward answer as to whether the temporal tear win condition is available in the DLC right now, or if not, if there is any expected time line or discussion as to when it will be (or some other replacement win condition)?

Hey, don't worry about it. I don't need a win condition, but I have absolutely not problem with you wanting one. AFAIK, there is no win condition in the DLC at this time, but I am sure Klei will eventually add one.

7 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Hey, don't worry about it. I don't need a win condition, but I have absolutely not problem with you wanting one. AFAIK, there is no win condition in the DLC at this time, but I am sure Klei will eventually add one.

This is so awesome, you totally get it.

Like, so many people seem to get enraged when I ask the question. Like, I don't get mad at people who love pure sandboxes, and don't need win conditions. There's different games (and ways of playing) for everyone, and just because I like win conditions doesn't invalidate people who don't like them. At the same time, it doesn't mean I'm "missing the point" because I do want them. We all enjoy what we enjoy, and you enjoying X doesn't mean I'm wrong for enjoying Y, or the other way around too.

You've all been great in this thread, thanks for responding and being helpful.

3 hours ago, pether said:

At this moment there is no temporal tear in the DLC.

But there is this guy who decompiles game graphics and he saw (and shared) buildings and rocket modules related to the tear, so it seems KLEI has some plans for it, but they are not yet fully implemented in the DLC

Also, it's there in the world gen files, just commented out.  I have resisted the temptation to generate a world with it.  Stuff is coming, but it's early access - it's not finished yet.  Early access is literally paying to beta testing a game that's not finished yet.  I very rarely buy anything that's early access, but it's been fun playing as the development progresses.  Except for when all my dupes got radiation sickness and went into a death spiral of endless vomiting.  Fun times.

6 hours ago, SlyFrog said:

If you want it to be a win condition :confused: ...Klei may listen to your wish :p

As long as ( possible ) win conditions can be (de)activated, I`m happy with whatever people wish to have as a win condition.

58 minutes ago, babba said:

If you want it to be a win condition :confused: ...Klei may listen to your wish :p

As long as ( possible ) win conditions can be (de)activated, I`m happy with whatever people wish to have as a win condition.

Yeah, to be really clear, I don't need it to literally make it impossible to keep playing. Like if people want to ignore it, achieve it and keep playing, all is good. I just like to have an overarching goal that's just more than build a bigger antfarm. I like a game generated goal, but it doesn't have to be exclusive. 

7 hours ago, SlyFrog said:

Yeah, to be really clear, I don't need it to literally make it impossible to keep playing. Like if people want to ignore it, achieve it and keep playing, all is good. I just like to have an overarching goal that's just more than build a bigger antfarm. I like a game generated goal, but it doesn't have to be exclusive. 

I recently purchased the Satisfactory game - Same thing as with ONI...At some point point one thinks "Oh, so Ive nearly built and explored everything - The final outcome activity is to have the joy in building more, more, more".

For Satisfactory I hope I can use my built equipment, all my mined and produced resources and use my built mega bases and infrastructure to fight Aliens or something in 3-5 years further development. There is no endgame goals, besides "More,more,more". So I will wait a few years until more endgame content is in the game - It feels incomplete.

4 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Ultimate win condition: Play for 5000 cycles with 60+ FPS. 

One time below 60, start over. One time crash, start over.

Please don't make ONI pay-to-win game ;)

11 hours ago, SlyFrog said:

I got that already from your 1st post and from the fact that Klei never had a game-ending win-condition in ONI.

1 hour ago, pether said:

Please don't make ONI pay-to-win game ;)

Maybe Klei could jump on the train of daily player gratifications :confused::confused::confused:

image.png.a2e056a869fcc9035319f6dbbd2d42fa.png May contain 5x Sleet Wheat Frozen Buns, 20x Mushfries or 500kg water

Klontainers can also be purchase in the Klei Kloot Store, for Kleimonds.

Kleimonds image.png.a83cb5a9fb26c14098f86228633095b5.png

2 hours ago, NewWorldDan said:

The game needs an achievement called "Potty Training" where you go 300 cycles without any dupe having an accident.  Perhaps that should be part of the "Home Sweet Home" goal.

Please klei. It's difficult trying to avoid making my base turn into "pee-topia". :wilson_dorky:

8 hours ago, babba said:

I recently purchased the Satisfactory game - Same thing as with ONI...At some point point one thinks "Oh, so Ive nearly built and explored everything - The final outcome activity is to have the joy in building more, more, more".

For Satisfactory I hope I can use my built equipment, all my mined and produced resources and use my built mega bases and infrastructure to fight Aliens or something in 3-5 years further development. There is no endgame goals, besides "More,more,more". So I will wait a few years until more endgame content is in the game - It feels incomplete.

I am glad you bought Satisfactory. I am actually a veteran there. We built several bases with my friend but will need to rebuild with the new update.

No it is far too hard to reach the end game there - there are like 400 nuclear power stations you may build there. 

I suggested them to have two DLCs - one is to have space oriented construction. You send resources using the space elevator and then you can build a space base with all new buildings and technique and research. Perhaps some mutations and bio labs in the sky. So it is for people who like to build mainly.

Another one - underworld - you go deep and have a combat style operation to defend your constructions from many alien forms. You can extract rear resources to build unique buildings. Fortification building, tactics, combat.

Have you tried the hyper tube cannon? 

1 hour ago, KonfigSys said:

I am glad you bought Satisfactory. I am actually a veteran there. We built several bases with my friend but will need to rebuild with the new update.

No it is far too hard to reach the end game there - there are like 400 nuclear power stations you may build there. 

I suggested them to have two DLCs - one is to have space oriented construction. You send resources using the space elevator and then you can build a space base with all new buildings and technique and research. Perhaps some mutations and bio labs in the sky. So it is for people who like to build mainly.

Another one - underworld - you go deep and have a combat style operation to defend your constructions from many alien forms. You can extract rear resources to build unique buildings. Fortification building, tactics, combat.

Have you tried the hyper tube cannon? 

Such ideas are really missing, IMHO it will take them a few years to get these things in to the game and to make them truly satisfactory. The games 3d build engine is technically stunning, yet I only need to look at Oni screenshots to see how shallow the Satisfactory gameplay currently is in comparison to ONi.

The Satisfactory tubes are fun, I recently built them on a giant sky bridge across the entire map. If you still play it in a few years, I would be glad to join your undertakings and fun then :p Maybe we get Oni multiplayer beforehand :angel:

My personal evaluation...

Satisfactory: Around 40 hours true unique fun

Oni: Thousands of hours with no end in sight

44 minutes ago, babba said:

Such ideas are really missing, IMHO it will take them a few years to get these things in to the game and to make them truly satisfactory. The games 3d build engine is technically stunning, yet I only need to look at Oni screenshots to see how shallow the Satisfactory gameplay currently is in comparison to ONi.

The Satisfactory tubes are fun, I recently built them on a giant sky bridge across the entire map. If you still play it in a few years, I would be glad to join your undertakings and fun then :p Maybe we get Oni multiplayer beforehand :angel:

My personal evaluation...

Satisfactory: Around 40 hours true unique fun

Oni: Thousands of hours with no end in sight

Try to build hyper tube cannon - you can fly sky rocket high, do not forget to equip the jet pack for soft landing.

I agree that ONI has so much depth and they are digging deeper. Also I really like 3D nature of Satisfactory. 

On 5/21/2021 at 7:58 AM, NewWorldDan said:

Also, it's there in the world gen files, just commented out.

In the world gen files how? Does this mean that there's going to be a Temporal Tear asteroid type, or does this mean that there's going to be a Temporal Tear POI, or does this mean that there's going to be a Temporal Tear Space POI?

15 hours ago, Tsabo said:

In the world gen files how? Does this mean that there's going to be a Temporal Tear asteroid type, or does this mean that there's going to be a Temporal Tear POI, or does this mean that there's going to be a Temporal Tear Space POI?

Spoiler

It looks like a POI (similar to the resin tree) and a space POI.  I haven't turned them on, so I have no idea, really.

2 hours ago, NewWorldDan said:
  Hide contents

It looks like a POI (similar to the resin tree) and a space POI.  I haven't turned them on, so I have no idea, really.

BTW It`s sooooo great that Gravitas buildings like tables, snack machines and such can now be destroyed :congratulatory:

19 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

not know that you play wows aswell

I`m not too good, but I have 20 WoWs accounts `` Its one of my re-occuring played games, next to 30 EvE Omega Accounts - Station Trader since 15 years. If you like, message me and we play WoWs a bit relaxed together someday - No stress, easy going. :rolleyes:

Archived