Jump to content

[Spaced Out! Update] - 462698


Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Hi everyone, thanks for all the bug reports and feedback over the weekend! Today's patch includes a trio of new buildings, the Meter Valves! Use these to limit flow down a pipe, vent, or conveyor to a specific amount using automation!

New and Improved

  • Added Gas Meter Valve, Liquid Meter Valve, and Conveyor Limiter buildings.
    • Known issue: Conveyor Limiters can't transfer less than 1 unit (or kg) of solid material
  • All sandbox tools now have their own icon
  • Added Uranium Ore mining and movement sound effects
  • Radbolt Generator sidescreen now shows radbolt production progress bar
  • Small visual changes and added text label to radbolt direction selection panel.

Bug Fixes

  • Fix crash that could occur if trying to load a world whose data no longer exists (i.e. a mod world)
  • Fix some cases where a rocket would not correctly attach to the Rocket Ports on landing or disconnect on takeoff
  • Launchpads now connect to Rocket Ports through each other in chains, so you can reliably have launchpads share ports
  • Fix crash that could occur if a Launchpad was selected when its rocket takes off
  • When a Spindly Grubfruit plant transforms into a Grubfruit plant, it is no longer an unknown mutation (existing saves may still see unknown plants until the next time that transformation occurs)
  • Non-crop plants now also have an ambient radiation limit
  • Rockets would sometimes wipe out each other's conduit endpoints, resulting in e.g. fuel tanks not getting fuelled
  • Add check on the main menu that prevents crashing if the newest save file is corrupted or otherwise problematic
  • Buildings and objects which have been marked "Empty Storage" now save/load the errand properly
  • Improved interact animation for the Botanical Analyzer
  • Minor art revision to the Niobium Geyser

 

View full update

 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't play on my Beta branch save file because every time dupes deliver the mutated seeds to the Botanical Analzyer, the game crashes.

Nice update, though!

image.thumb.png.6a15aa5a57605f64391b395bf9c687c8.png

The new UI for the Radbolt generator looks great. The UI for the reflector looks a little off, though...

image.png.0103491178aebca5751d78ae37a31e57.png

And the new meter valves look like a great addition! Should make automating delivery between planets much more convenient.

image.thumb.png.b869bf24e8283e93620b310b7d0e5de4.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

All sandbox tools now have their own icon

"Critter removal" of sandbox tools, doesn't have a "size" slide bar so it defaults every size slide bar to 6 tiles every time :hopelessness:

 (Why have a new button when the critters can be remove with "clear floor"?) I love the new icons though :love_heart:

37 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added Gas Meter Valve, Liquid Meter Valve, and Conveyor Limiter buildings

omg... We can count?! :o 

That's awesome! :-D

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If somebody is interested in new valves, here are more details:

They have 2 logic ports, one output and one input-reset port. You can select how much stuff you want to transport using one valve. When subsequent packets enter the valve, it counts them and after reaching set limit, it sends green signal using ouptut port. Now it will block shipment of next cargo until it receives green signal on the input-reset port. Their images below.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bff6295704b059e9250eff745ced2b4e.png

Really nice idea, I relly like it :) Automated rocketry is first thing that comes to mind, but I can see applications in ranching and other areas. Good job!

Edited by pether
Edit: in case the valve have smaller limit than arriving packet, the packet will be split. Eg. If you want to limit water input to 4kg, the valve will let only 4kg and remaining 6kg stops before the valve. Nice!
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, pether said:

When subsequent packets enter the valve, it counts them and after reaching set limit, it sends green signal using ouptut port.

Does it overflow if a packet goes above the limit? Or split them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pether said:

Really nice idea, I relly like it :) Automated rocketry is first thing that comes to mind, but I can see applications in ranching and other areas. Good job!

I often used a timer sensor tied to a shut off for metered distribution of water or gas (ex: for making drecko ranches it helped to create ratios of hydrogen to co2 for just a layer that you could grow crops in).   I could see these replacing that setup.  Sounds great for diverting small amounts of material for fabrication too.   Green signal from an empty weight plate to valve lets through another 2000kg of gold to the metal refinery setup?

 

Separate thing: Anyone else having trouble with instant crash on game startup / mod capability?  Seems Blueprints, Pliers and Sweep by type are all causing blackholes.   Perhaps something to do with the icon changes?

Edited by Brian.oni
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brian.oni said:

Seems Blueprints, Pliers and Sweep by type are all causing blackholes.   Perhaps something to do with the icon changes?

In my checkout, Pliers crashed right in the menus.

Also - Rooms Expanded don't work well with seed gathering during this beta, I will fix the issue once it goes live.

Blueprints don't work well with DLC at all I guess, I just saw Brothgar crashed his game with it and he played on live version I believe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Brian.oni said:

I often used a timer sensor tied to a shut off for metered distribution of water or gas (ex: for making drecko ranches it helped to create ratios of hydrogen to co2 for just a layer that you could grow crops in).   I could see these replacing that setup.  Sounds great for diverting small amounts of material for fabrication too.   Green signal from an empty weight plate to valve lets through another 2000kg of gold to the metal refinery setup?

 

Separate thing: Anyone else having trouble with instant crash on game startup / mod capability?  Seems Blueprints, Pliers and Sweep by type are all causing blackholes.   Perhaps something to do with the icon changes?

Nooooo, I just subscribed to blueprints fixed version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, pether said:

In my checkout, Pliers crashed right in the menus.

Also - Rooms Expanded don't work well with seed gathering during this beta, I will fix the issue once it goes live.

Blueprints don't work well with DLC at all I guess, I just saw Brothgar crashed his game with it and he played on live version I believe

Same thing for me, Pliers crashed the game right after Klei logo :wilson_cry:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added Gas Meter Valve, Liquid Meter Valve, and Conveyor Limiter buildings.

  • Known issue: Conveyor Limiters can't transfer less than 1 unit (or kg) of solid material

 

Great idea, but the upper limit is way, way too small. 20kg for gas, 200kg for liquid, 400 units for solid. Multiply by a thousand, maybe ten thousand.

 

Also, the text needs to be proofread.

Quote

Connects to an automation grid to automatically turn Liquid off the flow when the specified amount passed through it.

:?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, silentdeth said:

Great idea, but the upper limit is way, way too small. 20kg for gas, 200kg for liquid, 400 units for solid. Multiply by a thousand, maybe ten thousand.

I agree. I hadn't tried ones other than the conveyor limiter yet but 20kg max for gas seems way too small. I had to hook up my conveyor limiter to a counter because my deliveries usually consist of 1200kg (for a full round of payloads.) I haven't tried using them to fill rocket storage yet, but I do plan on doing something with that soon.

Edited by Electroely
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I love the limiters! Will they count a smaller unit of Liquid/Gas? Like, will it count the 5 Kg of liquid and 10 Kg of liquid packet as one unit? If so, it might be better to make the counter itself stop the flow until it has enough for an entire packet.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, silentdeth said:

Great idea, but the upper limit is way, way too small. 20kg for gas, 200kg for liquid, 400 units for solid.

Use a counter. Having to engage with other systems is a positive, not a negative. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad Dupe 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Added Gas Meter Valve, Liquid Meter Valve, and Conveyor Limiter buildings.
    • Known issue: Conveyor Limiters can't transfer less than 1 unit (or kg) of solid material

Nice! Should be possible to build actual measurement instruments around these. And the primary function is very welcome, for example for interplanetary shipments.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rocket buff! Auto rockets yessss I'm never counting packets again

On 5/4/2021 at 7:39 PM, Electroely said:

I agree. I hadn't tried ones other than the conveyor limiter yet but 20kg max for gas seems way too small. I had to hook up my conveyor limiter to a counter because my deliveries usually consist of 1200kg (for a full round of payloads.) I haven't tried using them to fill rocket storage yet, but I do plan on doing something with that soon.

The problem isn't so much that the limits are too small, but it IS a problem that they are different. It's good that the counters will see some use, but the different values means the various support automation has to be customized depending on what phase the mass is in, or you have to use the 20kg limit counter build for each, as that's the only one that will work on all 3 phases.

If I want to build some automation that counts out 10 tons of liquid I can't use that same automation design to count out 10 tons of gas, even though the task is exactly the same in terms of logic.

EDIT - I didn't realize the reason for this was for packet count. That actually makes a lot of sense now. Thanks to tnankie for pointing this out. Maybe it's fine actually, idk

Edited by n_t_p
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, n_t_p said:

 

The problem isn't so much that the limits are too small, but it IS a problem that they are different.

you mean completely consistent in that they each take 20 packets?

20 full gas pipe blobs = 20kg,

20 full liquid pipe blobs = 200kg

20 full conveyor blobs = 400kg

Edited by tnankie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...