Return Of Them updates tier list

1 hour ago, clickrush said:

If I want specific crops I need to water them and talk to them regularly no? Or else they wont yield crop + seeds right? Or is there a minimalist approach where I get both but neither water nor talk to them?

If you want an specific crop you surely you'll have to pay more attention than just planting normal seeds with no thought but even then it's not too complicated or time consuming.

Plant the seed and talk to it one time after you planted them and you would get a crop and their seed, then give the crop to a bird in a birdcage, you now have two seeds to plant 2 crops, repeat and you'll get 4 seeds, then 8, then 16 and you'll have all the seeds you want and more.

If you don't want to tend them every time you plant a seed then you'll have to fight Lord of the Fruit Flies to get the Friendly Fruit Fly Fruit and spawn the Friendly Fruit Fly to tend the crops.

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

It's locked behind Pearl and Crabking, I'd stick it at the bottom

Both of those are the some of the best things the game has to offer and I will defend them to the bitter end. 

but is reap what you sow realy a return of them update? like it literaly dont have anything to do whit them and all so by that i have to say the cave update was best because its lore in game in a way once you activate the machine you can get a machine that gets you the last pice of the moon and that is not behind an anoying boss no one likes it realy is an exploring update if anything else whit some building in it thanks to the turf builder machine so i have to say thats best update

2 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

well sure but does it realy conect whit it? like the farm update dont realy has anything to do whit it so thats why i say this

It’s confusing to be honest, at first it wasn’t called a return of them update- now I guess it’s being called one.. but in my personal list I’m not including RWYS as part of my Return of Them updates.

The reason as to WHY should be fairly obvious- but just encase it’s not here’s a quick run down- Every other Return of Them update has had something to do with the actual return of them plot- 

(You had to do something or go explore somewhere new to get the things to progress to Eye of the Storm)

RWYS was not part of this.. However what WOULD need to happen for me to include RWYS as part of that update chain: Gardens and more importantly large alienish crops.. were effected by the Moon/Moonstorm/Glass Moon or Whatever.

Yes as an Old School Horror movie fan I want Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

The TL:DR- (Spoilers for upcoming update)

Spoiler

The entire point of this whole RoT stuff revolves around interacting with the moon, building a summoning stage on Lunar Islands: killing the Celestial boss which in turn- Turns the moon to glass.

Therefore- RWYS is not part of RoT.

I would personally put troubled waters in C... Maybe B-

Because the mast upgrades for the lightning rod and fire pit help immensely with opening up more space on your boat, because both are rather large structures and need to be placed far away from other structures. Having them on your preexisting masts saves so much space  While the deck illuminator doesn't give heat or let you cook. The no heat can be seen as a good thing when it comes to summer. If you use thermal fish on your boat, then having a neutral heat light source can help reduce the amount of time you hold on to fish and thus reducing the amount of fish you need to properly cycle their freshness.

Sea weeds I find are a great addition because the barnacles that they give have some really great dishes with them and are a great meat alternative. And the Sea weeds aren't too much of a hassle, only needing a razor to harvest at night to have no issues.

The only thing about this update that keeps me from saying it's A/S is the rockjaws... High damage, annoying to fight in a small space, and NO loot to speak of. Not worth fighting and can kill you easily with one attack if not ready.

Rockjaws are the number one reason I play as wendy when sailing. As Abigail can help de-agro them as well as help you stunlock the rockjaws on your boat. I struggle fighting them as any other character.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:32 AM, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

Crab King Rave for all the Crab King enthusiasts. There are 10’s of us!

might be a little overzealous to think that there is even five of us but at least im part of that group (as long as i am with a group)

On 5/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, Terra_Zina said:

Hook, Line and Inker is the lowest on my list, but that's probably because I don't understand the fishing mechanics at all.

Insert twig and seed/berry/rot. Cast toward a school of fish. Wait till one bites, recast/about mission if noone's biting in 30 seconds. spam click right mouse button to reel in. Stop and don't press anything when the fish is resisting. Voila, you got a fish. The mechanics get more complicated with where different fish reside, which fish prefer which lure, how to draw more attention with artificial lures but that's all the basics you need to start fishing the ocean fishes.

Hook Line and Inker is a great update that added depth and complexity to a mechanism, giving so much life and gameplay to an aspect of the game so I'd put it high up there with Reap What You Sow. My only complaint would be how they broke or messed up some of the fish recipes & food values and never really addressed them since.

4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Hook Line and Inker is a great update that added depth and complexity to a mechanism, giving so much life and gameplay to an aspect of the game so I'd put it high up there with Reap What You Sow. My only complaint would be how they broke or messed up some of the fish recipes & food values and never really addressed them since.

The problem is that while it is complex, it relies on arcane knowledge that would do more harm that good in real life.

I'll never understand why they wanted to punish people for reeling, and give so poor feedback that reeling what caused it to fail, or why lures would need their own station for that matter/.

On 5/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, thegreatJash said:

But I think we all agree that Eye of the Storm will go in S Tier.

Spend hours going through the ruins, doing the moonstone event, raiding the archives, finding the lunar island, befriending Pearl, fighting a stupidly hard boss with bad rewards, bringing three seperate heavy objects to the lunar island, activating a world-spanning event, performing a fetch quest 3 seperate times, and fighting a raid boss just so you can obtain a glorified mining helmet.

Yeah, I'mma put that in E tier.

9 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Spend hours going through the ruins, doing the moonstone event, raiding the archives, finding the lunar island, befriending Pearl, fighting a stupidly hard boss with bad rewards, bringing three seperate heavy objects to the lunar island, activating a world-spanning event, performing a fetch quest 3 seperate times, and fighting a raid boss just so you can obtain a glorified mining helmet.

Yeah, I'mma put that in E tier.

i mean in opinion i don't care about the loot i care about how fun the adventure is. does the ruins have good loot? yes is it fun for me? no. am i gonna bother going down there to do something i don't like? no. is the eye of the storm content fun? yeah. is the loot worth it? debatable. am i still gonna do it? yes. i find it fun which is all the incentive for me doing it why would i do something i don't wanna do just for a good reward. which is why eye of the storm is my favorite RoT update

If eye of the storm added an unbreakable weapon that drops from champion alongside the crown, I wouldn't have any problems with it. The fact you do all this work and only get 1 unique item is a bit disappointing, but you kind of have to look at RoT as one big questline, not and individual boss and it's lackluster drops. You get side grades to the dark sword and axes, 2 good sources of veggies you don't need to farm for, and that grow year round, plenty of sgoodies from pearl, a trident that, yeah, kinda sucks, could use a buff, but it allows you to gather more kelp or mine sea stacks from afar, renewable turf, a small source of infinite light in the form of astral detectors, and every night being a full moon. The crown is the final reward for fully completing the quest.

Archived