Tips on defeating the Moosegoose

Finally defeated Deerclops for the first time today, just in time for spring. I decided to wonder a bit from my base, just to be greeted by the Moosegoose on day 1 of spring. How do I go about fighting them? I at least had a bit of experience fighting Deerclops, but I've never fought the Moosegoose. I know they can disarm you so tanking probably wouldn't be good, right? I need some advice here!

you could let frog rain kill her. cons is that sometimes the frog rain isnt enough to kill mother moose and the moslings and frog rain is very rng dependent. Pros is you have a lot of loot.

If you want to fight her yourself bring armor, weapons and healing items and insulation against the moslings' lightning strike. based on my not so trusty knowledge, you bait her attack, then strike 3 times then dodge. Unequip your weapon when she's about to honk and repeat the cycle. the problem is that she is random. She can honk straight away or fly away midfight which is annoying. as for the moslings, you dodge their beybalde attack and follow one. as soon as their dizzy strike then repeat the process.

I don't really like fighting moose goose but goodluck on your combat against her comrade

3 minutes ago, Fridgetty said:

you could let frog rain kill her. cons is that sometimes the frog rain isnt enough to kill mother moose and the moslings and frog rain is very rng dependent. Pros is you have a lot of loot.

If you want to fight her yourself bring armor, weapons and healing items and insulation against the moslings' lightning strike. based on my not so trusty knowledge, you bait her attack, then strike 3 times then dodge. Unequip your weapon when she's about to honk and repeat the cycle. the problem is that she is random. She can honk straight away or fly away midfight which is annoying. as for the moslings, you dodge their beybalde attack and follow one. as soon as their dizzy strike then repeat the process.

I don't really like fighting moose goose but goodluck on your combat against her comrade

Thank you comrade! This knowledge will support the war effort against the Canadian beast. I totally forgot about the frog rain, though I'm thinking about fighting her before she even gets a chance to lay her egg, so I'll just fight her with my fresh hambat. I already have an eyebrella so I should be alright... Probably.

For Moose/Goose, I would prepare a lot of healing items and armor (atleast 10 perogies and 8 log suits, though you can add more if until you are comfortable with what you have). I would kite Moose/Goose like how I would kite deerclopes but at the third cycle of attack the Moose/Goose would honk so be ready to put whatever you have in your hands in your pockets. Once Moose/Goose is dead be ready for the demon spawn of children that will appear, Kiting them is relatively easy since all they do is attack in one straight line and then get stunned for a few seconds in the end, But its the lightening you would have to watch out for so make sure to bring something that can combat electrical damage (im pretty sure a rain hat/eyebrella can help).

Personally the children are much worse than the parents, good luck!

12 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I would kill the moslings first. They are only aggressive if the parent dies, and you can trap them in a variety of ways, or attack them when they're asleep. You can then take care of their mum afterwards.

Doesn't the Moosegoose get mad if you hurt the moslings though?

1 minute ago, Masked Koopa said:

She gets angry if you go near her, not if you specifically hurt the moslings. If you trap/kill/slap the moslings outside the area she is guarding she won't go after you. She seems to be more interested in protecting her nest than her young.

So attack them from a distance, and lure them out, right?

3 hours ago, Gods fiddler said:

i heard about a bug, you can unequip your weapon before she hit you and you will receive 0 damage

There's more to the bug than that. Just unequipping your weapon will get you hit..

3 hours ago, Fridgetty said:

insulation against the moslings' lightning strike.

I much prefer having a pre-crafted lightning rod. The issue with the lightning isn't the 10 damage you very rarely take from it striking you directly, it's them starting fires which they'll still do whether or not you're insulated.

3 hours ago, Fridgetty said:

the problem is that she is random. She can honk straight away or fly away midfight which is annoying

It isn't random at all. She honks whenever it's off cooldown, which is after every fourth attack if you don't have a bunch of idle time. I've never seen her fly away before, maybe it became summer during your fight.

3 hours ago, Alkimia said:

How do I go about fighting them? I at least had a bit of experience fighting Deerclops, but I've never fought the Moosegoose.

Figuring it out on your own is where all the fun is. If you just go to the forums and have them tell you that you hit three times, dodge, and after every fourth dodge you instead hit 4 times, put your weapon on your mouse cursor, hit 1 more time, then dodge then the fight's been done for you.

58 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It isn't random at all. She honks whenever it's off cooldown, which is after every fourth attack if you don't have a bunch of idle time. I've never seen her fly away before, maybe it became summer during your fight.

I always fight moose goose in the middle of spring. In one instance I brought the frogs to mom goose, she just flew away midfight with half of her hp remaining. Of course I was stunned and disappointed and I am not hallucinating during that. I've also seen some people talk about it so I doubt it's because it's almost summer

She is as difficult as deerclop so no need for that much preparation (imo) , you can learn the fight on your own but I would recommend 

-Head armor

-Rain coat

-Morning star

-lightning rod (lost a lot of precious feather without it) 

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Not entirely true, she aggros and destroys walls and fences as well as any mobs you may have inside said walls.

She and her mosslings will also eat food out of crock pots & on the floor. Not sure if they eat food in ice boxes and chests like bearger does, I don't think they do.

She'll also headbutt anyone who gets too close to her, which can be troublesome if she wanders into an area you need to access.

49 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

She and her mosslings will also eat food out of crock pots & on the floor. Not sure if they eat food in ice boxes and chests like bearger does, I don't think they do.

She'll also headbutt anyone who gets too close to her, which can be troublesome if she wanders into an area you need to access.

Pretty sure chests and iceboxes are safe but yeah they'll ravage crockpots and berry bushes.

7 hours ago, Fridgetty said:

7 hours ago, Alkimia said:

The fight is consistent if you dont go far away from the nest. Fight in circles. She honks after 3 hits

Also, bring a lighting rod to prevent the loot burning

You can use the night to kill the childs before but the enrage ones arent that difficult, just takes time

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

the problem is that she is random. She can honk straight away or fly away midfight which is annoying

Flying away is a thing when she fights with other mobs. I had moose goose nest next to a spidery rocky biome and i brought the queens over- when she reached too little health she would fly away then returned when kids summoned her again with full health. 

Update: I defeated the Moosegoose first try! Sorta. I just waited until frogs started to rain down, and I let them do the hard work. I'll take all the help I can get! Also, I was really thinking "Pfft! The moslings won't be so bad! Everyone is exaggerating!"... I was so wrong. The Moosegoose died, me and my bro ran in to get the down feathers and we ran off while getting chased by the moslings. I almost died to the moslings, but we recovered. Now we're setting up in the desert to not fry in summer. Thanks for all the help guys!

hit it until it dies. /j

You can lure the moslings into a pen with berries or any fruit, lock them in and go to town before the parent MGoose notices.

Also, I find that chasing down a goose makes them spin for longer. Try to dodge all of them, then go for the first one which tried to spin you as aforementioned and hit it twice.

Archived