Jump to content

The new boss looks boring and uninspired


Recommended Posts

I can't be the only one to get this notion, right? It's just another basic kiting and/or damage sponging boss. It does a lot of things, but it doesn't really make the fight  that much more interesting. The fuel weaver had a good idea and a great execution, not only did it encourage you to use special items, but the tension of the fight made it that much more exiting. Yes, you can still cheese it, and those cheese options should be weeded out, but it's not what people usually do, especially since the fight is so much fun. Same thing can't be said for bee queen unfortunately. But this just looks like a rehashed iron hulk and the design is visibly basic, to the point where it might as well have been a moving boulder. Actually that is exactly what it is. The grind to get to the boss is even more tedious than what you have to do to get to fight the fuel weaver, and you just get one item for one player that is marginally better than some of the existing stuff. Not particularly worth all that effort. The loot might change, but that doesn't make the journey any more fun. You could have spent the time fixing the Crab King and making that fight more interesting, more dynamic, or overhauling the sailing system to be less of a slog and less susceptible to easy sinking, but I guess you just want to move on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The drops are.. meh, to me at least. Sure, being able to craft lunar stuff from the moonrockseed it drops, anywhere, anytime is great BUT the other drops? Nothing else. This is like Crab King all over again with his boring shell bell drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The loot is okay tbh. Infinite light with 10+/per min that summons gestalts that deal atleast 40+ damage that doesn't have a durabilty is cool at the low cost of using a body armor. unless the crown is an armor like the thulecite and the bee queen crown but I highly doubt it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have a question for everyone. Is it all worth it to do pearl quests, kill CK, do full moon event, explore archives, bring the three altars, help wagstaff build the machine, all for a unique crown? 

You could say it builds up a story very nice and the item is good, but would you redo this often, or will it be another constolation prize like ancient fuelweaver?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KeshS said:

ancient fuelweaver

I didnt tried the new content yet but is reseting the ruins and having damage and stunlock protection, a helmet to be inmune to shadows and an item to control a or many minibosses/farm lightbulbs+fern+glowberries a consolation price? Fw has the best loot among with beequeen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I didnt tried the new content yet but is reseting the ruins and having damage and stunlock protection, a helmet to be inmune to shadows and an item to control a or many minibosses/farm lightbulbs+fern+glowberries a consolation price? Fw has the best loot among with beequeen

They are quite OP, but could be never used. I'm saying is the huge time investing worth it and rewarding. This arc can take much longer than 21 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, KeshS said:

They are quite OP, but could be never used. I'm saying is the huge time investing worth it and rewarding. This arc can take much longer than 21 days.

Yes but that can be said for everything that isnt butterflies, carrots and grass suit

And i repeat,  im just talking about fw. I couldnt try the new stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some ideas to make the crown worth it (it doesn't need to have all of this)

1) allow weater to walk on water then make the next boss/ content about the ocean 

reason:

RoT is the update that add ocean yet traveling though it feel so tedious 
DST boat suck, it drags every boss fight on the ocean down with it, by allow player to move freely (like on land or boat on SW) future osean bosses will have so much potential 

2) gain ability to mutate mob

Just reused the effect of Lunar Experiment

maybe the crown allow us to control the mutated mob or at least prevents them from attacking us like the bone helm

reason:

isn't mutation is a part of the luna island/ fullmoon, I think the crown need to have some ability related to it 

3) while the crown is glowing

Buff every weapon you're using the "Double  durability against shadow creature" like moon glass tool (this stack with the moon glass tool too)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there's one thing I'm disappointed in is that so far Wormwood hasn't gotten any unique moon stuff.  Anyways I like the crown since it synergizes really well with Wormwood and it might be the damage buff I've always wanted. I would fuel the gestalt attacks with seeds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is my opinions.
I think DST started to kills their style with course of ROT updates. I know they are trying to make game more "lovely" and "team" game but they destroys the game's soul. I'm really sad about it.

DST's biggest originality was gothic and creepy atmosphere with strong black tones. But RoT just turns everything blue and glowing. I was fine with mutated creatures but the new boss looks like new generation sci-fi robot. I really don't know why Klei choosed this bc there was tons of pottentially creatures that could be used BC 1900's was pretty rich about sci-fi and retrofuturistic style would be much much better than those magic coded stupid tech things. I mean just compare those. Which creature would be better alien boss as style? (BOSS SPOILERS FROM UPDATE)

Spoiler

sci-fi robots japanese art box art japanese robots sci-fi art Retro sci-fi  model kits 70s sci-fi art Shigeru Komatsuzaki toy robots the missiler  attack boy rikishi boy hari hari guardman robotalterguardian_phase2-chop.thumb.gif.de5eb47ac74f3c77c221749af22e0afa.gif

Also I believe a game's world should improve himself with character. But in DST you just go and attack bigger guys when you became stronger. After a time, you don't want to risk your life for stronger bosses but also you get bored from old ones. Game should force us to do it. Stronger weapons as gift is not enough.

edit: boss fight is interesting, my problem is about his/her look

Link to comment
Share on other sites

95% of players won't ever get to this content. Pearls quest is too tedious, finding and killing crab king is even more tedious, and now this. Bosses are fun when they're dynamic while not being cheap(Klaus, Ancient Guardian) not when they're one-shotting health sponges

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KeshS said:

I do have a question for everyone. Is it all worth it to do pearl quests, kill CK, do full moon event, explore archives, bring the three altars, help wagstaff build the machine, all for a unique crown? 

You could say it builds up a story very nice and the item is good, but would you redo this often, or will it be another constolation prize like ancient fuelweaver?

Everything up to assembling the 3 altars is one-and-done deal.

Killing the Celestial Champion will drop all the altar pieces where it died and then you just gotta redo the Wagstaff part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KeshS said:

I do have a question for everyone. Is it all worth it to do pearl quests, kill CK, do full moon event, explore archives, bring the three altars, help wagstaff build the machine, all for a unique crown? 

You could say it builds up a story very nice and the item is good, but would you redo this often, or will it be another constolation prize like ancient fuelweaver?

If you have nothing else to do on your world, then yeah, I think so. Its infinite light as well as a damage boost. Since anything can trigger the gestalt attack you can even use a a walking cane for speed, light, sanity and "infinite" 50+ damage. If you plan it out you can complete it within a year and cheese CK with bees. The characters that may benefit the most are Wormwood, Maxwell, Wigfrid and maybe Wurt in multi. Characters with good sanity management for the damage portion of the crown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the Celestial Champion.

I love the way its visual design incorporates the 3 altars and how it starts out being 100% "mundane" moon rock, but gradually gets overtaken by the "otherworldly" moon glass.

And I appreciate the fact that it's fully kiteable, meaning you can solo it without needing to cheese the fight or needing to be insanely good at multitasking so you can fill the shoes of two players at once. Plus, each form has multiple attacks, which keeps things somewhat fresh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, landromat said:
  Hide contents

So infinite light/sanity item that summons gestalts to attack your enemies is a bad loot?

 

works only above 85% sanity and the extra dps siphons 1 sanity, so you get onlu about 20 hits with 150 max sanity to go under the threshold :shrug: So its not a set & forget, you gotta babysit it by keeping your sanity topped up during fight. Its not hard to replenish sanity but its an extra thing to have in mind

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish Klei had actual detailed statistics of how many of their games players engage with specific parts of their content updates.

How many players actively fight Crab King and Malbatross as opposed to how many players find and explore Lunar Grotto..

How many players are actually going to fight and more importantly continue to want to fight this new “Celestial Champion”

They need these statistics to know how much of their efforts are being enjoyed by their player base, and how much of it players ignore/are unaware even exists.

Would more players engage in building the altar fighting the new boss, or would more players engage in exploring new or possibly even updated existing biomes? with new mobs, new resource types to chop, pick, mine etc..

I sincerely wish they had stats that show how much or how little of their game’s content is played/explored.

Do more people engage with Beefalo now that there as simple as ringing a cowbell by their ear? for example.

Surely they know what the majority of their fanbase wants to play/do/engage with.. It just baffles me why the focus of the majority of Return of Them updates have been “insert new boss here”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I wish Klei had actual detailed statistics of how many of their games players engage with specific parts of their content updates.

How many players actively fight Crab King and Malbatross as opposed to how many players find and explore Lunar Grotto..

How many players are actually going to fight and more importantly continue to want to fight this new “Celestial Champion”

They need these statistics to know how much of their efforts are being enjoyed by their player base, and how much of it players ignore/are unaware even exists.

Would more players engage in building the altar fighting the new boss, or would more players engage in exploring new or possibly even updated existing biomes? with new mobs, new resource types to chop, pick, mine etc..

I sincerely wish they had stats that show how much or how little of their game’s content is played/explored.

Do more people engage with Beefalo now that there as simple as ringing a cowbell by their ear? for example.

Surely they know what the majority of their fanbase wants to play/do/engage with.. It just baffles me why the focus of the majority of Return of Them updates have been “insert new boss here”

they also needs to see where comes the money, from new players that drops the game after buying it for 10€ or from people who always plays it and pays for skins or characters ocasionally?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...