How do you deal with bats?

Well, the question is in the title :)

no that they're a real pain, I just wish to know how you guys are doing with these annoying little animals.

Does bunnymen, for exemple, kill them on sight?

Thank for your tips

Yes, Bunnymen will fight them. But I usually just run when I see them. ^o^;>

Are you talking about the bats that appear out of sinkholes on the surface or the ones that appear underground in the caves? I mean, I run either way, but you'll deal with them differently depending on whether you're above or below ground.

I am indeed talking about surface bats: I spawned a world with 3-4 underground stairs nearby each other and I find interesting testing that spot as a base. I am searching for a way to secure the outdoors.

Thanks

i used to just run but in the last couple months i have started investing in pacified treeguards(the bats aggro first and the treeguard takes them out in a single swing each) or where i work with other players i use three our four hutches. mostly i go in and out of caves around the morning hours though

I avoid opening too many sinkholes. Also or ignore them (works only one way) or just keep any weapon that deals 50+ dmg to one hit them. 

Also happen to me to keep treeguards nearby them, if only bearger doesnt kill them.

Just put a giant garlic right next to the cave entrance and they won’t- oh wait, that’s not a feature :wilson_resigned:

I usually kill them. Batilisk wings are good food and you even turn them into bat bats. It’s easiest with a 50+ weapon. You can still kite them with a weaker weapon. But nowadays with a beefalo I can tank their hits.

The easiest way to guard a cave entrance is to fence in 1-2 bunnymen next to it (so you can still go in and out without the bunny attacking you).

2 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

Just put a giant garlic right next to the cave entrance and they won’t- oh wait, that’s not a feature :wilson_resigned:

I usually kill them. Batilisk wings are good food and you even turn them into bat bats. It’s easiest with a 50+ weapon. You can still kite them with a weaker weapon. But nowadays with a beefalo I can tank their hits.

The easiest way to guard a cave entrance is to fence in 1-2 bunnymen next to it (so you can still go in and out without the bunny attacking you).

Dude thats a great idea! I hope taht feature will be added in the future.

I got a sinkhole near a lot of spiders so the spiders often take care of the batilisk problem. Pros is that you get tons of guano, cons is that it's very dangerous to go near there during dusk or night especially if you're not playing as wendy.

13 minutes ago, Well-met said:

The real answer is do not base nearby a sinkhole

The point of the thread is to share about basing near sinkhole :D

Btw, thank you all for the tips, i may look closer to treeguards, since bunnymen will probably be a bad idea considering how many meatballs my wolfgang is eating.

The mod is also interesting, but I'm looking at good old tips.

As long as I have a tentacle spike or better I usually just fight since they have decent loot. Otherwise just run . I like to have a sink hope near my base , but at least like 3 screens away. 

I'm sure most of us have had cave missions with shadow creatures chasing , shadow splemonkey , depth worms and bats all after you at once haha.

Yes! I base near sinkholes becomes Wormwood need them!  

1. Bat wings are great for bat bats. For the price of 40 hp you get a 510 hp stick! 

2. If you let the wings rot you can use them in the compost bin.

3. Late game you can use the mad lab and craft tons of arboretum experiments. Since they don't revert once they reach stage 3 you can forget about them and grown your own forest to demolish once a year. 

4. Guano is nice to offset some of the hp you lose for the living log part of the bat bat.

Place 2 bunny hutches per sinkhole and collect the loot in the morning. Make sure the sinkholes don't lead anywhere important. Place a sign below ground to let yourself know you can only exit during the day. 

As many people commented, bunnymen are pretty efective. 

If you are feeling lazy, you can leave chester near the sinkhole. All bats will focus him this way. You can then kill them one by one without getting hit or just ignore them.

Archived