Comical Deaths: From Here to There.

2 hours ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

I died of overheating in winter.

I once did that on purpose, just to see if I could.  Some jackass had already griefed my base, the Deerclops showed up, and I was gonna reset anyway so i figured...why not?  : P

1 hour ago, Gods fiddler said:

died by freezing in summer

20210312193536_1.jpg

I haven't actually _died_ from that (yet), but I did get hurt surprisingly bad that way once:

115summerfreezingwut.png.8058661488bef8f62b560911e0c18c4a.png

...as soon as I saw that even a couple nights in, I was still not only uncomfortable but actually FREEZING at the endo fire, I knew that summer was gonna be a long'un.  (And it was.)

Well, now it's time for an actual story.  Some of you here have already heard this, but here's my most epic/funniest death so far in DS/T:

Spring night, raining, I'm running along with my torches going out really fast (good thing I made spares), run right past THREE Goose nests in the dark, over at least two spiderwebs, so now _they're_ all chasing me, along the way I got hit by lightning FOUR FREAKING TIMES IN ONE NIGHT, it was _also_ a hound night because of  course it was, and THEN the frogs started falling.

What actually killed me, in the end?

Freezing.  XD

...Notorious

Wanna know, what just happened to me? I left my base in spring for a short trip, returned one evening with low health and hope for some chill out. Once I step into my base I find Moosegoose's a$s basically on top of my firepit, as her kids somehow managed to get bullied by a lureplant, that spawned in the middle of my base. Well, I have the tendency to not put armor and weapons in chests, but make piles on the floor to get stuff faster... You know the rest of the story. I ran into the total desaster screaming, died immediately and on this day, a lureplant swallowed and irreplacebly digested:

5 tentacle spikes, 2 glasscutters, 2 beekeeper hats, 5 bramble husks, 1 hambat, 1 tammo, 1 walking cane, 12 compost and 20 logs and killed ice chester in the process.

It was nice enough to spit out the 3% torch though.

I was playing with my two friends. I dont remember the reason but we went to the forest in winter. It was dark. There were trees everywhere and there wasnt enough place to build bonfire. It was really cold and i started to freeze. Then a very brilliant idea came to my friend's mind. He burned some trees to warm me up.. i died becuse of fire and all my stuff burned too.. it wasnt funny at that moment, but now i remember and smile. 

I remember fighting tooth and nail to kill Toadstool for my first time. The fight took forever and I had him to about 2000 health, I had no food and my hunger was draining my health fast. My only hope was to eat the stuff he dropped and I tried my best, but as the beast fell, so did I.

Yes I Did bring life amulets, yes it still upsets me

Well me and two friends we where to enter the ruins for first and time and monkeys where in the path so we started to cleanse the land. All was going well but sanity keep low and a wawe of depth worms appears and all started to go bad. Maxwell died me Walter being chased by monkeys depth worms and nightmares i started to run like the wind wig lose his armour and start running as well. WE proceed to say goodbye and run for our lives but we get lost each one with a proccesion of dark monkeys and nightmares following. Maxwell is tring to guide us in the caves but we didn't know which was talking and directions Wig and I where separeted then. I was running in circles and i cross path with wig we salute like the bus driver and start laughing to the enemis chasing us just to die after to a poop projectile stun and death by crawler.

We managed to save the game by and amulet of life at base

I was playing Wes and saw someone insane fighting off terrorbeaks and crawling horrors they were swarmed so I decided to help them right before they landed the final blow I got hit by a crawling horror and at this point I realized my mistake I was wearing a balloon hat and it popped all I see is xxx got killed by balloon I felt so bad... but it was pretty funny too.

My friends and I decided to go boating and search for the lunar islands, starting out with low sanity so that we'd have a low enlightenment when we arrived (good time to mention we've never gotten to the lunar islands before, haven't even really sailed much either).

I don't think we realized that we should have waited to lower sanity until we had already found said lunar islands. Not only that, but the friend that knew how to sail the boat was also in a big hurry to find the lunar islands, so he told us he'd leave by the next day, giving me and our other friend only like, half a day to gather food and resources. We heavily underestimated the amount of resources we'd need to stay on a boat for a long period of time. 

Those of us on the boat were me as Winona, and my two friends playing Wendy and Woodie. We figured out how to prevent the little shadow hands from snuffing our light sources, and we were able to prevent the boat from running into any sea stacks and getting damaged. However, we eventually encountered these weird... plant-looking shadow creatures? Anyway, Wendy died to starvation first, and she left to return to the mainland and revive herself. Then Woodie and I tried to continue on with what little provisions we still had, and then a freaking shark leaped out of the water and just oneshot me. As the last one alive on the boat, Woodie then transformed into a Weregoose and ran away. He managed to find Pearl's island in his Weregoose form, but his sojourn there didn't last long, as he eventually transformed back into his human form and was killed by his nightmares.

Ok, I guess the funny part isn't the death itself, but more our higher concern about what conditions we'd need to have upon encountering the lunar islands rather than what conditions we'd need to be in to even find the lunar islands in the first place.

Archived