[Game Update] - 458765

• Developer
  • Fixed a Battle Helm crash when picking it after using the Clean Sweeper on it
  • Restored the custom sounds when Wes inflates up balloons 
  • Fixed a bug that caused Wes to become invisible while miming on a beefalo.
  • Fixed Pan Flute skinning.
  • Fixed water ripples for the Inflatable Vest while it is in the ocean.
  • Added Pantomimed Oar and Driftwood Oar skins.
  • Fixed hidden Pantomimed skins when they are floating.
  • Notes for Modders: Recipes can now define "buildingstate" to specify which stategraph state the player will use when crafting that item

For worlds stuck in an infinite load
We have identified the source of the problem and are working on a fix so it will not happen again. We also have a plan to automatically restore the worlds affected by this but it will probably not be ready until Monday. Until then, if you feel tech savvy, you can follow the instructions below to restore your worlds. And remember to backup your save files first. Thank you to everyone who provided bug reports on the issue. 

Instructions:

Spoiler

• In the host server screen, click on the open folder button (it is above the delete button)
    • < ! Backup this folder or you run the risk of losing your world permanently ! >
  • Within the Cluster folder, navigate to Master/save/session/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
    • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a 16 digit series of numbers and letters. If you have multiple folders, you can search the server_log.txt to see which number is referenced.
  • In this folder:
    • write down the highest number of the files located here (not including the folders). Eg: 0000000032 and 0000000032.meta
    • Delete the other number files (do not delete the folders or GemCoreTileData if it exists)
  • Now navigate to Caves/save/session/yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/
    • yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is a different 16 digits from what is in master
  • In this folder:
    • Find the highest number of the files located here and change the filename to match the numbers that were in master. Eg: 0000000032 and 0000000032.meta
    • Delete the other number files (do not delete the folders or GemCoreTileData if it exists)
  • Restart DST
  • You should now be able to load your world. If it does not work, then restore your backed up files and try again.

View full update

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Health 3
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed a bug that caused Wes to become invisible while miming on a beefalo

Oh god, Wes could pantomime himself out of existence? Or does he pantomime himself into existence?

He has become to powerful! We need to kill Wes before its too late!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Oh god, Wes could pantomime himself out of existence? Or does he pantomime himself into existence?

He has become to powerful! We need to kill Wes before its too late!!

Idiot. He can phase through dimensions easily, you'll never catch him

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Pantomine Hounds when?

Hilarious semi related but not really related note: I accidentally made all the zombies in Fortnite invisible on one of the horde maps I was creating, the outcome was having to rely on the sounds of how close they are.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Added Pantomimed Oar and Driftwood Oar skins

i added this to my joke update post 

but you guys really added it in

you guys granted wes the removed, forbidden power to control the waves with the sheer force of his fists alone

oh my God, tysm Klei :))))))

Edited by GetNerfedOn
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:
  •  

Wait now that beefalo skins are a thing can we get this back but as a skin officially?!
I want to see the fully decked out Mime zooming across the Constant in midair!

• Haha 2

Guest aresd

For me alone, any storages become invisible when they are opened, if the season is winter? After building any chest, the problem disappears until the next winter

19 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed a Battle Helm crash when picking it after using the Clean Sweeper on it
  • Restored the custom sounds when Wes inflates up balloons 
  • Fixed Pan Flute skinning.
  • Fixed water ripples for the Inflatable Vest while it is in the ocean.
  • Added Pantomimed Oar and Driftwood Oar skins.
  • Fixed hidden Pantomimed skins when they are floating.
  • Notes for Modders: Recipes can now define "buildingstate" to specify which stategraph state the player will use when crafting that item

For worlds stuck in an infinite load
We have identified the source of the problem and are working on a fix so it will not happen again. We also have a plan to automatically restore the worlds affected by this but it will probably not be ready until Monday. Until then, if you feel tech savvy, you can follow the instructions below to restore your worlds. And remember to backup your save files first. Thank you to everyone who provided bug reports on the issue. 

Instructions:

Reveal hidden contents

• In the host server screen, click on the open folder button (it is above the delete button)
    • < ! Backup this folder or you run the risk of losing your world permanently ! >
  • Within the Cluster folder, navigate to Master/save/session/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
    • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a 16 digit series of numbers and letters. If you have multiple folders, you can search the server_log.txt to see which number is referenced.
  • In this folder:
    • write down the highest number of the files located here (not including the folders). Eg: 0000000032 and 0000000032.meta
  • Now navigate to Caves/save/session/yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/
    • yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is a different 16 digits from what is in master
  • In this folder:
    • Find the highest number of the files located here and change the filename to match the numbers that were in master. Eg: 0000000032 and 0000000032.meta
  • Restart DST
  • You should now be able to load your world. If it does not work, then restore your backed up files and try again.

Thank you very much! I also tried it and my world still loads. Only issue is that the large chests and icebox which i had are now gone, including everything in them but I imagine that, that is a problem with the mod since I attempted loading the world without the mod to see if it would work. I'll attempt to recover everything myself but if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get the chests back it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

19 hours ago, ScottHansen said: