Why Wagstaff will never be added to DST

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Bulk player base cant use bearger and deerclops so be respectful about how people play ;)

We want hin because lore and being a scientific not because his structure

Bulk player-base won't use any Thumper, won't even know what it is or where to find it if added to DST. I reckon most players from DST's bulk player-base (10,982 DST players in game atm of this post) don't even know who's Wagstaff or care (1,096 players in DS atm of this post). I wasn't writing about bulk player-base, but the vocal minority here asking for Wagstaff's implementation as the "one new DLC character" of this year (as per 2021 roadmap). This vocal minority is most likely comprised of advanced players - DS&DST alike, else won't know or care about Wagstaff to write here. And said vocal minority of advanced players most likely use either Bear or Deer for mass Log production, recurrently. Observations regarding past comments, nothing to do with "be respectful about how people play".

Likewise majority of Wagstaff's "lore" is speculation and fluid interpretation based on quotes, nothing actually concrete.

For the sake of game-play I for one would fancy way more some brand new character to occupy that "one new DLC character" slot, not another DS rehash. Won't mind in the end anyway, since my horse is dead in this race as well.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:47 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Likewise majority of Wagstaff's "lore" is speculation and fluid interpretation based on quotes, nothing actually concrete.

Wagstaff and Max both are tied together because Max reached out to the survivors via the Vox phones, which Wagstaff made. His invention was also used in order to free Maxwell. I believe WX identified him as his creator as well, though that is admittedly just a quote I believe.

Lorewise he's a major character since he was the first character to actually build a portal as of the timeline we have, and is the most likely to continue the plot by messing with the Ancients and nightmare fuel in general.

I personally think they'll keep him under wraps for a big update but who knows.

1 minute ago, Does said:

Wagstaff and Max both are tied together because Max reached out to the survivors via the Vox phones, which Wagstaff made. His invention was also used in order to free Maxwell. I believe WX identified him as his creator as well, though that is admittedly just a quote I believe.

Lorewise he's a major character since he was the first character to actually build a portal as of the timeline we have, and is the most likely to continue the plot by messing with the Ancients and nightmare fuel in general.

I personally think they'll keep him under wraps for a big update but who knows.

But Wagstaff already did what he had to do, he is not important anymore. There is no reason for him to be added to Together. He created the radio, so what? It did its job and that's it.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:47 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

On 3/26/2021 at 11:47 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

For the sake of game-play I for one would fancy way more some brand new character to occupy that "one new DLC character" slot, not another DS rehash. Won't mind in the end anyway, since my horse is dead in this race as well.

i dont think that, if klei add wagstaff, will be a dlc character since they said that any character related to the lore wont be purchable

On 3/26/2021 at 12:37 PM, Dragolantis said:

Klei removed Warbucks because he wasn't fun to play,

wrong, it was because he was racist and people didnt like it

his telebrella and telepad have already sorta been implemented poorly with the Lazy deserter and Desert stones

both of those items were introduced before wagstaff and you just ignored the obvious telelocator staff and focus

Wagstaff is a fan fav character

Im not even sure if this is true, I dont care if he gets added or not I just think its likely and I think thats the common consensus

You could have said "Warly cant be added because well, his dishes are mostly fish based and we only have one type of fish" and then they pulled a switcheroo and they could do the exact same with Wagstaff making him work concededly with Winona, Just because two characters are similar doesnt mean they cant be added, Wurt and Webber are currently pretty similar, albeit with a few big differences but enough that someone would say "we cant have a spider character, we already have wurt and shes like the exact same thing" if he didnt exist 

Its stupid of you to make bold claims like "He cant be added" or "He wont be added" without it being explicitly obvious

If everyone wants Wagstaff in the game do you really think that they wouldn't add him just because he is similar to other characters?

If there is any reason why he wont be added it'll be because his blindness will be difficult to reproduce in DST because apparently there is some weird engine difference that makes it near impossible 

21 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

I like Wagstaff, I hope he's added to the game. Plus we need him to help open the Sealed Portal because he is the right science guy to do it.

Actually, having Wilson open the Sealed Portal seems way better, I take my original statement back. :wilsoalmostangelic:

Edit: Wait, maybe both of them can open the portal together!

Not confirmed if Wagstaff is going to be a character. Only that he appears in the game. He could still be the antagonist and Charlie made playable. Who knows. 

Given current events in could even turn into a war of Charlie vs Wagstaff

Moon vs Shadow

10 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

There are also lore reasons he could be playable

It would be really weird to play as Wagstaff and then help yourself with new moonstorm event. 

Lol everyone saying it aged well when its more than likely that he's NOT gonna be a character but an NPC.

44 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

It would be really weird to play as Wagstaff and then help yourself with new moonstorm event. 

Lol everyone saying it aged well when its more than likely that he's NOT gonna be a character but an NPC.

In the original don't starve can't you see yourself on the throne when you play the same character twice?  Or am I imagining things wrong.

please let me have this

24 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

In the original don't starve can't you see yourself on the throne is you play the same character twice?  Or am I imagining things wrong.

please let me have this

Ah ok my bad... Yeah he's playable.

Polish_20210415_194930340.jpg

48 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

In the original don't starve can't you see yourself on the throne when you play the same character twice?  Or am I imagining things wrong.

I believe so, but just as weird as that is that in DST there is no character limit. I think Wagstaff seeing Wagstaff makes more sense than there being five Wendys.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, RenTheCat said:

f03r0k8j6mf21.jpg

dude, you accidentally made my day. i hadn't seen any official statements on warbucks being a problematic char only being one that was not appropriate for dst. i am really happy to see confirmation that klei could see that it would be a bit wrong to add that sort of character to the game

i mean not only would it be weird to see him in the game during the moonstorm event but we know wagstaff must have some significance later in the story of return of them so we are most likely seeing him again which will further prove that wagstaff does in fact like fish tacos

@LinknAllie @Turbanik any everyone else, this topic did not age well, first there was Wes out of all ppl who got a rework, and Fricking Eye of the Storm beta which added Wagstaff as an NPC, Now I know the Title Says: Why Wagstaff will never be added to DST. Is definately False now, I didn't expect him to be an NPC either, My main argument was it would make no sense for him to be a Playable character, and I think While Eye of The Storm definately made my claim of 'Wagstaff will never be in DST' False, but by be in DST, I meant as a Playable Character, and the arguments I made still hold up, all his features steal the show from other characters and items, and not to mention Wagstaff is now an NPC and it kinda cements the idea that Wagstaff won't be a playable character.

Also @Dextops Fish tacos? What?

Archived