What QoL changes or modifications would you like to see implemented?

Is there a mod you always use and would not play without?

Is there something you love in Don't Starve DLCs that you desire in Together version?

Share with others what you crave, as I know for a fact the gods are always looking :3

As for me:

• there are a couple I would normally skip, because mods work fine for me (I don't mind client side or soft server side mods too much) namely: Geometric Placement, Action Queue, Combined Status, Craft Pot, Item Info, Snapping Tills, Show Bundle or Epic Healthbar. I'm so used to them they feel like a part of the game, however they do make it seem less immersive (for me that is, but after so many hours they make some tasks less tedious and also I couldn't enjoy the game without Geometric Placement because of my severe OCD).
  • I do think mods like Gesture Wheel are far better than encouraging players to use commands like "/carol", but maybe it's just me?
  • doesn't Boss Indicator (mod) make sense in most cases? Loot Stash and Toadstool Cap shouldn't be indicated, but the most of the rest are so big they should be visible from afar...
  • Rotate Caracter Model (mod) is such a good way to check the skin out before buying or weaving it.
  • for so much time I wanted Lazy Furnace (mod) to be implemented into the game (I don't use it, because I don't use any game-changing server side mods), there already is Fire Packim Baggims in Shipwrecked and I just don't understand why cannot we get instant cooking in a boss item, you could also store Thermal Stones in it for winter cold.
  • the thing that has been bugging me for ever: why are Thermal Stones linked with ambient temperature? They should break easier if they cool down in winter and warm up in summer but instead they break when you keep them by Scaled Furnace or in Fridge/Snow Chester constantly, so seemingly in the same temperature, which makes no sense.
  • there has been a topic on DLCs dishes in the past and I'd love to see Hard Shell Tacos and Gummy Cake introduced, because they are really funny dishes (yes, I'm aware most players desire Steamed Ham Sandwich the most and it would be nice to see it as well). I'd say Hard Shell Tacos could be made with Cookie Cuttter Shells or Broken Shells and Gummy Cakes could be made out of Slurtle Slime or Phlegm (which has no special use for now) if not introduce Gummy Slugs as a rare drop from digging up stumps or something alike!

EDIT:

• Hamlet also has this special turf feature to grow Tall Grass from Grass Tufts, It would be marvelous to see a new turf to allow that, along with Machete, Shears and even Weevoles with Weevole Mantle!
  • I would love if they introduced a way to remove placed boats that doesn't include burning it down, repeatedly hitting it against the coast or placing fishing bins and destroying them to make a hole. There is Gnarwail Horn, which seemingly works in penetrating boats, just alow it to make holes in boats when needed.

An assignable tool wheel for console. I have to spend a few seconds dragging my way across the inventory menu.

A cursor for console for gods sake. C'mon Klei terraria figured it out, you can too. A lot of items are broken because of this.

When placing an object I would love some more distance between the object and my character because I cant see sometimes at some angles. A cursor would help.

I've grown heavily attached to the mod "Bundle O' Top".  Simply puts the Bundling Wrap to the top of the Survival tab.  I wonder if it's at all possible to customize where we could place certain items in our crafting menu, even if they stay in their own tabs?  If it is possible, that would be my dream QoL.

I do wish Thermal Stones near a Scaled Furnace or Ice Box wouldn't be tied to ambient temp and therefore break if there was a sudden change in temp.  It would potentially allow for certain items to behave in specific ways in containers!

One that many might not agree with and a mod I use is the more stacks one, the one that makes it so you are able to stack things to a higher amount,like 40 stacks of wood instead of 20. My reasoning behind wanting it actually implemented,and although inventory management is a big part of the game and it takes skill,is because new items are constantly added to the game.

For instance when DST was made we had a certain amount of things to worry about in our inventory,but if you are playing Wurt who is a newer character you would certainly need a lot more wood than most people,or reeds. Those kinds of things for certain characters,and there are a few that maybe correlate with reworks, are what would make my experience better if we were able to have less space consumed by the items that are needed.

Of course it comes down to if you want the game to be made easier in that regard,but it really wouldn't make much of a difference. Minecraft is a very similar game and although it doesn't have a variety of stacks like dst and only 64 for everything,in their new update they are gonna add pouches of sorts that you can keep in your inventory that store even more items. I'm sure that Minecraft after it's long life span decided that by adding new things to the game every update the players also need a bit more inventory space.

Well I can always use a mod at the end of the day,but console players cant :(But certainly one of the biggest problems for me is wood, since there are structures added every so update that consume it,that's my idea. :)

12 minutes ago, MaxWilderD said:

I've grown heavily attached to the mod "Bundle O' Top".  Simply puts the Bundling Wrap to the top of the Survival tab.  I wonder if it's at all possible to customize where we could place certain items in our crafting menu, even if they stay in their own tabs?  If it is possible, that would be my dream QoL.

I've done exactly this with my own Frankenstein's monster of a mod. It'd be nice if I had a way to do it reasonably instead of nonsensically.

26 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

Is there something you love in Don't Starve DLCs that you desire in Together version?

Yes! The houses from Hamlet, but as a basement for the boat instead. You can already fit literally everything on a boat so the basement would just be to make the boats look a lot nicer.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Yes! The houses from Hamlet, but as a basement for the boat instead. You can already fit literally everything on a boat so the basement would just be to make the boats look a lot nicer.

Sounds like a mod, a broken one at that. Why even have chests at that point when you can build a weather-less pocket dimension. 

4 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Can't you do it in world options?

I think he means how long it takes in real time. You can change what percentage of the 8 minute long day the day phase lasts, but a day is always 8 minutes long.

9 hours ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

shipwrecked is a million times better

Shipwrecked boats are boring, without cooperative mechanics and are a nonsense. Lets drink coffe and equip a cane so my sail boat goes faster 

The only thing that makes sw sea funnier is the biomes being split into islands because the sea itself is also as empty as dst sea

Ability for console players to use seeds, it’s kinda boring seeing many many posts talking about how they found X world, and then they give the seed, which is of no value to us. It would also help with the amount of world-hopping others have to do to find a desirable map, when you could just look for a simple map seed instead.

Please make Tall birds grown from Tallish birds non-hostile.

Yes, the heartbreak can be fun to watch the first time it happens, but it really just means there is an entire mechanic in the game that might as well not exist.

They had mentioned smoothing out the new player experience, so removing this "newb trap" and making it into an actual interesting mechanic would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Warpspeed10 said:

Please make Tall birds grown from Tallish birds non-hostile.

Yes, the heartbreak can be fun to watch the first time it happens, but it really just means there is an entire mechanic in the game that might as well not exist.

They had mentioned smoothing out the new player experience, so removing this "newb trap" and making it into an actual interesting mechanic would be appreciated.

We should also remove all those character quotes they worked so hard on, since that's an entire part of the game that may as well not exist. Funny examination quotes don't help me kill evil monsters, so remove them!

Just now, Cheggf said:

We should also remove all those character quotes they worked so hard on, since that's an entire part of the game that may as well not exist. Funny examination quotes don't help me kill evil monsters, so remove them!

What are you talking about? Character quotes are there to help new players learn about the world. Tallbirds are a half baked idea used to trap new players into investing time into a useless activity.

2 hours ago, Warpspeed10 said:

What are you talking about? Character quotes are there to help new players learn about the world. Tallbirds are a half baked idea used to trap new players into investing time into a useless activity.

Tallbirds attacking you despite you caring for them teaches you way more about the hostility of the world than "Is rock. What you not get?".

I would like for the "Server Mode" and "Game Mode" to be changable as many times as you want after creating a world, especially since it seems you can manually change them by editing the worlds shardindex files.. but it would be better to be able to change them from within the game instead of doing file editing.

32 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Tallbirds attacking you despite you caring for them teaches you way more about the hostility of the world than "Is rock. What you not get?".

If that is the first thing you think of when it comes to character quotes, I don't know how I'm going to change your mind. You are both defending and attacking two game mechanics that you clearly never use.

1 minute ago, Warpspeed10 said:

If that is the first thing you think of when it comes to character quotes, I don't know how I'm going to change your mind. You are both defending and attacking two game mechanics that you clearly never use.

You are projecting.

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Lmao what is up with this example... Its nowhere nearly related to the point the comment is trying to make. He/she wants a mechanic reworked that otherwise has no gameplay value. You're talking about outright removing a core game mechanic. Not to mention quotes have a lot of importance. Such as perceiving a characters inner thoughts. Its for character development or do you want every character to have the personality of flat bread?

I was going to say seasons clock, but then I realized thermal measure would be useless. I say add something that allows us to see our character's current temperature (in game units of course), we already have meters for things like wetness, so I don't think this is too big of an ask and it's not game breaking. 

On 3/25/2021 at 5:09 PM, HowlVoid said:

An assignable tool wheel for console.

This too.

Archived