Atomic Research - Show your designs ! :D

So i've been playing around with Atomic research a bit, and after killing a few shinebugs with HEPS i figured those weren't really a reliable source.

Anyway, i figured i use the Weezes, seeing how using them keeps me from having to go to the surface (and certain death). - Funny how long the weezes have come.

20210226211007_1.thumb.jpg.57aafac5c13f666655ec6ff976efd2a1.jpg

I did go overboard a little with the upper/lower walls. 

20210226211251_1.thumb.jpg.5c3f1208e3ee1b96a0cb4813be5acd17.jpg

But the buddy buds are doin their job perfectly. 

20210226211335_1.thumb.jpg.a3ece36f451a0961dcb55db60b6094c5.jpg

I know it's nothing special, but it works very nicely i think.

20210226211507_1.thumb.jpg.ead19c106e269bda86ff536ead3d554c.jpg

What you guys think ? Share your own designs and thoughts :D

33 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Yay! New stuff, new builds! :D A shinebug "sun" will have a use now other than powering  solar panels

Maybe someone could attempt to run the big fat reactor in a rocket...+ nice wallpapers...Mhhhhhhhhhh :confused::confused::confused:

image.png.5579466e702d3da28ff720f06878d1b0.pngimage.thumb.png.75830e6578391022119d19da2114d745.png

I saw someone used a buddy bud next to the atomic researcher to generate floral scent germs and suppress the radioactive contaminant germs. I'm not sure how radioactive contaminant germs generate, but just in case. If that's the case, you don't even need any sort of suit to operate safely.

44 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Where are the germs coming from? The research station post HEP reception or the wheeze worts?

Or the redirects? I thought the germs were the result of materials handling and not HEP firing.

It seems it's the HEP. Whatever the HEP touches will get germs (liquid/gas/tile)

Spoiler

2094820617_HEPgerms.thumb.jpg.000fb3693493b1f93388300da78d3589.jpg

I`m excited to see how the future world generation will be - If Space becomes hard(er) to play again, then I would have only had the colony wheezie`s to collect radiation in my stone age starter colony.

I had a ceramic particle generator in space which showed 700 Celsius.

Make the regolith and meteors rain dear Klei + sunburns ! :tranquillity:

image.png.9b0f87c7d69d2cc6c1d582255ea176fe.png

Minespatch Space Punch Tooth Operation @minespatch :lol:

On 2/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, babba said:

Make the regolith and meteors rain dear Klei + sunburns ! :tranquillity:

Seeing the direction of the DLC development so far, I feel radiation replaces meteors as the main obstacle to operating on the surface. But I still would expect there to be some other asteroids in worldgen where radiation is less prevalent, but meteors are common.

That might make things too easy. I would be ok with a HEP charge counter or HEP automation detector which I could connect to automated doors. Some radiation or contaminants leaking here and there would be FUN.

The redirectors are already half-way there.  A HEP Joint Plate doesn't seem unreasonable.

Firing them through the air in your base is already fairly hazardous, I expect in the next update (or two) we're going to see a shielded HEP Pipe with similar constraints to Heavy Watt Wire to feed them around to buildings that consume them.

1607445802_20210304235349_1(2).thumb.jpg.7ffa40616ae83ac7ad4bd968b73df947.jpg

This is a design of convenience rather that anything. The radiation germs tend to stay in the hydrogen, which is good for my researcher.

I noticed that overcharging the station will cause the radbolt to hit the floor, which isn't a problem if I'm only paying attention to this thing when doing research - only the one dupe is allowed in.

I also think it would be more gainful if there's more than one research station and the bolt fires horizontally across several ports of them and terminates in a loop having the particles shoot around until they dissipate - Then allow researcher into the area and disable firing.

This design is not shown, but you could use the ignore feature of the redirector to shunt radbolts away from the system when there are active duplicant motion detectors, the issue here being the accumulation of radioactive germs if you let the radbolt collectors continue to fire particles that aren't needed - the radiation will build up over time.

edit:

I think i could probably lose the side collectors with the middle collector firing once a cycle, it would be enough for the one station and the minimal amount of use the station gets in accordance with my game pace. Also, it uses a lot of power that I don't have, so it's got an off switch, I'll let the plants stifle if I'm not using them.

Archived