Atomic Research - Show your designs ! :D

Terra start, two shine bugs in the starting biome. I put them in a room to generate some particles bolts for low demand research (5 point atomic research). I also connected a switch to have bolts on demand to avoid any accidents and put buddy buds to let surrounding atmosphere smell like flowers and not ..radiation. Not the best setup... (there will be an egg that drops from that horizontal door at some point.. I know..) but using it for low demand research seems fine to me.

285571527_atomicsetup.thumb.JPG.7d7ce24b4216daef3f847a0e1e3cab0c.JPG

Well... I didn't realize shinebugs are even dumper than dupes who try to kill themselves while digging...

I managed to one-shot both! shinebugs when I flipped the switch to let a bolt reach the atomic collider... :nightmare: :hopelessness: 

2 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I assume the radbolt doesn't

Radbolt travels through pneumatic door (I haven't checked if it looses more power than travelling through air... but it can travel). Shinebug radiation is not that much (not anymore at least..). Dupes can absorb it just fine :-D

22 hours ago, noaIV said:

i have know shine bugs are stupid as hell the damned things get into worse trouble then even the dupes do and they are stupid enuff to try swimming in lava

Sweetles take the cake on being a pain trying to build floors over terrain. I'm getting to where I ladder off for a crawlspace and build a floor over them and they still find a way to get entombed in a tile under a door and so on.

-

I think we have shroedinger's radioactive germs in some instances I'll have germs but no apparent recent source. It's like it's fired a bolt, but everything is turned off, so that couldn't be it unless they ooze from the collectors over time.

10 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Does anybody know how many Radbolts the collector stores when sending them is disabled? After running this overnight, I have had something like 1500 in there....

Maybe Klei could implement that all the stored radiation gets released when the building breaks :confused:

53 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Does anybody know how many Radbolts the collector stores when sending them is disabled?

I think collector is still infinite but atomic collider stores only 100. Any more than that, just pass through...

In my testing map after rad-germs started dying properly the collector never stopped collecting

Spoiler

My infinite germ puddle that was deleted after the last update :sad:
oops.thumb.png.012e5d6604b72afe8974b1d2665c1c9d.png

Current radbolt count that was collected while germs degraded to 0 over time
image.thumb.png.33a57c2bebe7000de7aee55c56638688.png

Yeah... I think it can collect infinite amount...:lol:

4 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

I think collector is still infinite but atomic collider stores only 100. Any more than that, just pass through...

In my testing map after rad-germs started dying properly the collector never stopped collecting

Reveal hidden contents

My infinite germ puddle that was deleted after the last update :sad:
oops.thumb.png.012e5d6604b72afe8974b1d2665c1c9d.png

Current radbolt count that was collected while germs degraded to 0 over time
image.thumb.png.33a57c2bebe7000de7aee55c56638688.png

Yeah... I think it can collect infinite amount...:lol:

Thanks. Probably still on some ONI TODO list at Klei.

Archived