[Game Update] - 452034

29 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

It looked like plain water to me as well.

Maybe... swamp start has a guaranteed salt water geyser in water planet.

Maybe I'm wrong and it is completely RNG the two water geysers of water planet :lol:

Edit: Yup! RNG it is! :-D

Edited by sakura_sk

been doing swamp start and if it has a salt water one ya it not been spawning same applies to rock your teleporter connects to oh it has little salt water but ya

only way to harvest any of the water weed there is to uncover it wild and leave it for the morons to harvest since ya you sure can't grow it

If its the random world gen thats to fault, it sure is consistently not providing much salt water on swampy start variants. I'll look at the water worlds and actually read the geyser info and not simply the name. Maybe I missed something. 

...that terra start with the massive pool of it on the teleporter second side would have probably sufficed for my playthrough without needing a geyser.

22 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

...that terra start with the massive pool of it on the teleporter second side would have probably sufficed for my playthrough without needing a geyser.

If you mean the screenshot you posted, that wasn't the teleporter world :P Terra start has no salt water near by unless you make rockets

Edit:

Just now, Yunru said:

We need Gassy Moo Geysers.

Instead of a Natural gass geyser? :D 

Edited by sakura_sk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

If you mean the screenshot you posted, that wasn't the teleporter world :P Terra start has no salt water near by unless you make rockets

Yes, my mistake it's the pip planet.

I have yet to find a salt water vent or geyser in either type of world gen - even reading the text of the cool slush or water vents, ..it's always polluted water and water - though it's overwhelmingly favoring the terra start for abundance of saltwater pools ( when they generate ). I am going to wait until tomorrow, maybe they'll fix the moo planet picture frame offsets, the edge of the world is somewhere, lol.

It would be nice if that whole water world was a distillation of water, brine, salt water and polluted water. This would provide the most avenues for utilization. I can't wait to throw some pacu in it, I'm so tempted, but my computer probably can't handle having all the worlds exposed and not incur massive stutters and hitching.

...this seems like the kind of place to make a glass base.

It would be the pink flamingo base of bases - with tropical pacu everywhere, a nice resort base where you can send your terribly stressed out or morale needy duplicants.

Edited by The Plum Gate

21 minutes ago, Kderosa said:

Testing branch. When I updated to the latest build the new science module was in the build rocket pop up menu. 

I think they're talking about having an icon in the research panel tech tree - a category.

--

Has anyone tried using the radar module while landed - is it possible to avoid the sunburn finally?

Edited by The Plum Gate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

I think they're talking about having an icon in the research panel tech tree - a category.

--

Has anyone tried using the radar module while landed - is it possible to avoid the sunburn finally?

It's already easy to avoid sunburn while using a telescope, just hook it up to a cycle sensor set to start at 70% of the day and go green for 50% of a cycle.  This disables the telescope building during sunburn hours.  I haven't tried tweaking those numbers to increase the amount of observation time, I just found them and they work.

Also note that I've never received a sunburn using a telescope inside a rocket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

We've figured out the crash with the sap tree, that will be resolved for tomorrow's release. It happens whenever it successfully eats food, so I'm sad to say it won't be of much use except for decor until then. :D

I don't trust any decor item with spiked tentacles...

• Haha 1

Looked in worldgen files, apparently there is a chance for a salt water geyser to span on the ocean planet, but the last few seeds I've rolled for both terra and swamp clusters has resulted in the TrySome tag walking the list and only hitting the first two, I'm wondering if this is a list walk or a random tag ( if it is supposed to try the pois in order - if so, it's not random and there shouldn't be a salt water geyser on the planet - it's just code shared with other worldgen waiting to be unlocked ).

Anyway, I'll keep looking around - but it looks like they just want the water and polluted water on that planet.

• Like 1

i've seen a salt water geyser on the pip/nuclear planet, but only on terra, and on the water planet

polluted water geyser seems to happen the most often for me though.  i'll generate a bunch of worlds looking for that perfect one as i slowly lower my standards, this patch i've been looking for worlds with the planets grouped up well