Why all the Wagstaff Hype?

12 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I wouldn't want Wagstaff in DST, just because his entire reason for existing as a playable character was to give something new for people who wanted more content in DS that wasn't DLCs. It'd feel very bleh to me if he then got added to DST despite that, and would almost certainly get updates and small new perks that make the DS version outdated... that'd be like the ultimate sad irony.

shipwreck and hamlet aren't any less good just because warly and wormwood are in

makes no difference

if it hurts your feelings then you could simply refuse to play wagstaff and all would be well

I personally don't see why people think wagstaff is in the constant. People say its because the guy in winona's short was pulled into the portal. But its always shown that wagstaff isn't even in the constant. he is projecting himself into the constant.
That's why I'm hoping that "Mr Boss man" will be the next new character. because that silhouette looks nothing like wagstaff.

59 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I personally don't see why people think wagstaff is in the constant. People say its because the guy in winona's short was pulled into the portal. But its always shown that wagstaff isn't even in the constant. he is projecting himself into the constant.
That's why I'm hoping that "Mr Boss man" will be the next new character. because that silhouette looks nothing like wagstaff.

what silhouette?

klei said while ago that there will not be dlc characters related to the main story

Maybe he could be an NPC like Pearl but he's locked away wherever the sealed portal leads. Makes sense given his thirst for knowledge - he delved too deep and got trapped. You need to bring him certain items or complete certain tasks like Pearl to help him build a machine and escape from wherever he is trapped resulting in special rewards from him and him teleporting away to further explore the constant.

For me, it's mainly because Wagstaff is just Winona, but Chad.

While he would likely suffer from similar pick&Swap issues, His Telebrella and and Thumper are way more interesting and fun then the Spotlights and Catapults, while simultaniously also being less broken then the latter. And his blindness downside is actually really interesting due to how it makes your head slot dramatically more important, thus preventing you from wearing a Football helmet or Tam o'shanter or Eyebrella all the time.

Also, he's probably the third or fourth most important character in the lore, only behind Maxwell and Charlie, and arguably more important than Wilson.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:47 PM, Sunset Skye said:

I wouldn't want Wagstaff in DST, just because his entire reason for existing as a playable character was to give something new for people who wanted more content in DS that wasn't DLCs. It'd feel very bleh to me if he then got added to DST despite that, and would almost certainly get updates and small new perks that make the DS version outdated... that'd be like the ultimate sad irony.

to be honest the DS single player is already outdated at this point, it's almost 9 years old 

I love the game but if it start to drag other game (DST) down with then I prefer to kill it

Don't Starve is a finished game and it doesn't need to compete with Don't Starve Together 

Can somebody treat DST as an unfinished sequel? character like Wagstaff is a "must have" because of the lore

I would not be surprised if dst was treated as such, DS was a great time and still is to an extent, but DST I should like to imagine is the better choice to continue with moving forward. More people are drawn to multiplayer experiences and adding new content, be it characters, revamped farming, new world based content, draws new and old players in. I hope we can see more of this and I hope the devs have fun doing it, hamlet was more of an experiment based off what they said, if some content from that comes over to dst in a upscaled and revamped direction so be it. I just hope they don't add silly pointless stuff like wigs fireproof song or winona's crummy spotlights. 

On 2/12/2021 at 3:47 PM, Sunset Skye said:

I agree.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, Well-met said:

shipwreck and hamlet aren't any less good just because warly and wormwood are in

makes no difference

if it hurts your feelings then you could simply refuse to play wagstaff and all would be well

But Wagstaff is vanilla character, my dear friend.

9 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

I agree.

But Wagstaff is vanilla character, my dear friend.

The point is having borrowed characters in DST does not make their home games any less special.

as for wheter vanilla DS is worth playing without DLCs, well that's probably another topic because it seems like a problem that the entirety of a game would apparently rest on the shoulders of wagstaff

Archived