Why did "moving heads" get a disable option right away, but we still cant disable insanity sound effect?

Like I've been saying for years the insanity ringing sound is really annoying and I've been asking for an option to disable it for years, one developer even replied saying something is being worked on but nothing changed yet.

Now 2 or 3 people complained about moving heads in the inventory screen which wasnt even a problem and didn't affect gameplay in any way and it's been patched within a few days. 

At this point im just trying to understand why the insanity ringing sound effect is so important and why it's kept fused with the game's ambience volume which i dont want to disable. Especially since all the other ambient sounds have for some reason already been massively toned down since the first return of them update. I still don't know if thats a bug or an intentional change.

Klei has now opened the can of worms, and can no longer put the genie back in the bottle.

Demands for toggling everything someone finds uncomfortable in the game will start to pop up one after another. Demand for turning off rain for performance, demand to remove sound effects for ruins and insanity...

Now that Klei has decided it will no longer create a single monolithic experience, but it will cater to the demands of the complainers, EVERY SINGLE complain. If they don't, there will always be more complains about how the listen to just the complains they like.

So Klei, now that you're listening, I want this mod as an ingame feature with toggle option

4EC7D6E2BFE244DA90C974949C18BC5DDB03CBFE

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1952540206

26 minutes ago, AlienMagi said:

Can you explain why you can disable insanity sound effects by disabling all ambient sounds then? Or are you just randomly speculating?

The fact that moving heads dont influence the game is exactly my point, it didn't need to have an option to get disabled at all.

but there is a mod that disable insanity.

and the heads were annoying.... no?

10 minutes ago, Slynxx said:

but there is a mod that disable insanity.

and the heads were annoying.... no?

Mods are workarounds, not solutions. Many people play on consoles as well.

To me personally I couldnt care less about animated heads. There's no way they were more annoying for the couple of seconds that people saw them compared to the insanity sound effect that you sometimes have to listen to for several ingame days.

It’s not so much of an issue to me- if THIS is a problem to you don’t play games like apex legends or smite.. 

I mean if it’s uncomfortable to you maybe lower the sound of your tv/monitor but I don’t think there needs to be a ton of work done to address every little qualm people have about the game.

(I saw threads awhile back where folks were upset Klei added RockJaw sharks to the game because they had fear of sharks or something..) I don’t think having options for every little thing that bothers everyone is a good investment on Klei’s behalf.

However- with that said they seem to listen to their community a lot.. and I admire them for always trying to fit in something for everyone.

So if these things bother you too much maybe sound effects will be able to be disabled later? (But seriously don’t play Apex or Smite if you can’t handle DSTs sounds)

30 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Klei has now opened the can of worms, and can no longer put the genie back in the bottle.

Demands for toggling everything someone finds uncomfortable in the game will start to pop up one after another. Demand for turning off rain for performance, demand to remove sound effects for ruins and insanity...

Now that Klei has decided it will no longer create a single monolithic experience, but it will cater to the demands of the complainers, EVERY SINGLE complain. If they don't, there will always be more complains about how the listen to just the complains they like.

So Klei, now that you're listening, I want this mod as an ingame feature with toggle option

4EC7D6E2BFE244DA90C974949C18BC5DDB03CBFE

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1952540206

um.... you've been able to turn off rain for literal years XD

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s not so much of an issue to me- if THIS is a problem to you don’t play games like apex legends or smite.. 

I mean if it’s uncomfortable to you maybe lower the sound of your tv/monitor but I don’t think there needs to be a ton of work done to address every little qualm people have about the game.

(I saw threads awhile back where folks were upset Klei added RockJaw sharks to the game because they had fear of sharks or something..) I don’t think having options for every little thing that bothers everyone is a good investment on Klei’s behalf.

However- with that said they seem to listen to their community a lot.. and I admire them for always trying to fit in something for everyone.

So if these things bother you too much maybe sound effects will be able to be disabled later? (But seriously don’t play Apex or Smite if you can’t handle DSTs sounds)

You're creating a false equivalency. I am absolutely certain that there isnt one person playing this game who enjoys listening to the ringing insanity sound effect being on a constant loop. It's a universal issue and not some specific phobia issue that would stall the game's development, not to mention it's been requested for years. Your analogy is completely invalid.

Also can you explain what apex legends and smite have to do with the topic? I've been playing DST since the beta so just stop trolling with the "go away if you cant handle the game" type of insults.

1 minute ago, AlienMagi said:

I am absolutely certain that there isnt one person playing this game who enjoys listening to the ringing insanity sound effect being on a constant loop.

So you just... Stay insane forever? That's a weird way to play. No wonder you're annoyed. 

4 minutes ago, BezKa said:

So you just... Stay insane forever? That's a weird way to play. No wonder you're annoyed. 

The wording of that post does not at all imply to me that they stay insane constantly, I believe they're saying it's a constant loop whenever you're insane, not through the entire game. Even if they were, though, why go after their playstyle? I barely spend any time insane myself, but I still have to use the mod that turns insanity sounds off, because the times that I do go insane because of a bad Deerclops or early game caves ends up giving me a headache if I can't get my sanity back up instantly.

5 minutes ago, BezKa said:

why not? except the sound-effects that are indeed very unnerving insanity has absolutely zero negative effects and provides regular nightmare fuel.

1 minute ago, Sunset Skye said:

Why are you going after their playstyle? I barely spend any time insane myself, but I still have to use the mod that turns insanity sounds off, because the times that I do go insane because of a bad Deerclops or early game caves ends up giving me a headache if I can't get my sanity back up instantly.

That just explains stuff. But your example returns me to the square one. 

Didn't know people dislike the ambience to such degree. For me it just lets me get into the game more, like feel that I'm actually there. 

If it's such a problem tho, then yeah, I guess a turn off button for it would be in order. Doesn't sit right with me but what doesn't these days. 

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Why are you going after their playstyle*? I barely spend any time insane myself, but I still have to use the mod that turns insanity sounds off, because the times that I do go insane because of a bad Deerclops or early game caves ends up giving me a headache if I can't get my sanity back up instantly.

*Which also, the wording of that post does not at all imply to me that they stay insane constantly, I believe they're saying it's a constant loop whenever you're insane, not through the entire game.

I don't think their intention was going after their playstyle, I think they were just asking a surprised/intrigued question

1 minute ago, BezKa said:

That just explains stuff. But your example returns me to the square one. 

Didn't know people dislike the ambience to such degree. For me it just lets me get into the game more, like feel that I'm actually there. 

If it's such a problem tho, then yeah, I guess a turn off button for it would be in order. Doesn't sit right with me but what doesn't these days. 

Well like i said, there already is an option to disable this insanity sound effect by disabling ambience sounds. But playing without all ambient sounds loses a lot of the game's charm.

How is the constant ringing of insanity in DST any different from Concusion grenades in Rainbow Six Siege that the enemy A.I. In Training Mode loves to hurl your way constantly. Or the explosions from nearby c4 or anything!

my point is: Ringing sound effects that agitate the human ears have been used in video games to simulate things like flashbangs, C4, loud explosions- it’s meant to be a distortion it’s MEANT to make you feel uncomfortable.. 

If it’s such a bother: mute your tv when your insane. But you obviously shouldn’t play Rainbow Siege where every couple seconds the ringing sound happens.

Basic rule of thumb: Staying Insane is not a good thing.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How is the constant ringing of insanity in DST any different from Concusion grenades in Rainbow Six Siege that the enemy A.I. In Training Mode loves to hurl your way constantly. Or the explosions from nearby c4 or anything!

my point is: Ringing sound effects that agitate the human ears have been used in video games to simulate things like flashbangs, C4, loud explosions- it’s meant to be a distortion it’s MEANT to make you feel uncomfortable.. 

If it’s such a bother: mute your tv when your insane. But you obviously shouldn’t play Rainbow Siege where every couple seconds the ringing sound happens.

I can't even begin to comprehend your comparisons. The op is only talking about insanity ambience and how it annoys them in DST. Wtf does gunfire and explosions have to do with anything in this thread besides going under "being loud" label?

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

the sound effects of explosions provide useful audio cues for you to know what's going on in case you didnt see it

dont starve has like 90 different things to indicate "HEY HEY!! YOURE INSANE!! YOU HAVE LOW SANITY RIGHT NOW!!" i think the option to do without just one of them if you find it annoying is fair enough

Archived