Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

1 minute ago, Machine Reaper said:

community standards, wow, heard that one before, probably from a dev

1. Have fun!
  2. Be respectful.
  3. Don’t be a jerk.
  4. Stay on topic.

If violations of our Community Standards Policy are brought to our attention, we will investigate them on a case by case basis. The level of action taken against accounts found in violation of this policy will be at the sole discretion of Klei Entertainment staff and based on the severity of the occurrence, as well as history of the account(s) in question.

Failure to comply with community standards policies will make us very sad on the inside, but also may result in the suspension or termination of various game privileges up to or including the closure of the game account(s) in question. Read onward to prevent us from being stricken with deep sadness and getting your account smacked with a ban hammer.

I don't enforce the rules and I'm not a mod, I'm just trying to cool things down before a mod comes in. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Marfoo said:

Let's be honest, Machine is angery because Klei got bought

Now this is not cool, if he is warned to chill, we should too. :)

Let's be realistic about what actually happened by this announcement shall we?

Just now, Machine Reaper said:

got bought...

it hurts bad, when one of your idol companies sell themselves out....

I became a game dev cause of Klei and their games.

What exactly "Sell Themselves Out" means? can you explain it further? This term is usually used in very different context and time! Klei sold stakes of the company, not themselves, which is a business deal.

I'm sure if your game gets a bit more reputation, anytime soon a lot of companies will offer you deals, if you don't accept what is best for you, well, you will not progress.

Just now, Marfoo said:

Klei got bought, but atleast not shut down

I've seen this thing happen 3 times before with other companies, the result was butchering of the corpse of a good game franchise and turning it into a meat puppet that dances for small change.

lets see how long Klei holds out before their new masters tell them to bend to their rules.

1 hour ago, Chesmu said:

What exactly "Sell Themselves Out" means? can you explain it further? This term is usually used in very different context and time! Klei sold stakes of the company, not themselves, which is a business deal.

000.png.44b0a7e800f0ed44704c2e63f694f743.png

Klei devs said major shares but wiki says otherwise and also shows a major shares company above showing clear difference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent

1 hour ago, Chesmu said:

I'm sure if your game gets a bit more reputation, anytime soon a lot of companies will offer you deals, if you don't accept what is best for you, well, you will not progress.

actually I won't be doing the same mistakes Klei did to end up like this.
after all I am learning from them and trying to avoid what got them to this point.
every company cannot always end up having to bend to a mega corporate culture and instead keep their own thing going as much as they want unless they want to make more money which will always involve making shady dealings.

2 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

000.png.44b0a7e800f0ed44704c2e63f694f743.png

Klei devs said major shares but wiki says otherwise and also shows a major shares company above showing clear difference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent

actually I won't be doing the same mistakes Klei did to end up like this.
after all I am learning from them and trying to avoid what got them to this point.
every company cannot always end up having to bend to a mega corporate culture and instead keep their own thing going as much as they want unless they want to make more money which will always involve making shady dealings.

It is understandable why you are upset, I also do not like this change, but you have got to remember that making and maintaining video games is expensive. As an independent game company, Klei was always in need of cash, why do you think they make Griftlands and Epic Games store exclusive? I hope that your career goes well but I highly doubt you will always have a big budget on hand to maintain your games, Klei did a good business move, not ethical, it ensures them that they always have a steady influx of cash coming in from their parent company now, only time will tell on how drastic of an impact this will leave.

45 minutes ago, YesterdaysLemon said:

Klei did a good business move, not ethical, it ensures them that they always have a steady influx of cash coming in from their parent company now, only time will tell on how drastic of an impact this will leave.

Stock owners do not supply a steady info of cash, they give a one time payment once purchasing the stock. It’s Klei that would be giving 51% of their stock distributions to Tencent. You wouldn’t buy stocks of McDonalds for the opportunity to pay a portion of their bills. If a part of Klei is operating at a loss, they are going to change or eliminate the business line. Money has to come from consumers to be sustainable in the long term.

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

@JoeW, @Bigfoot - is it just me, or is there a 50¢ army running amok on this thread?

your mentioning this to the Generals of the army at the moment.

4 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Stock owners do not supply a steady info of cash, they give a one time payment once purchasing the stock. It’s Klei that would be giving 51% of their stock distributions to Tencent. You wouldn’t buy stocks of McDonalds for the opportunity to pay a portion of their bills. If a part of Klei is operating at a loss, they are going to change or eliminate the business line. Money has to come from consumers to be sustainable in the long term.

thus the need for a Mobile Don't Stare game for the Chinese market under Tencent publishing.
if that game won't make the money Tencent requires of Klei to do so then changes will be made by Klei to their...ahem...Creative direction to better suite Tencent's demands.

well that's what EA does but lets see if Tencent will do the same.

12 minutes ago, Smife said:

It's not supposed to be funny, so not a joke, and you didn't get anything.

yeah i know that too 

still it just wasn't interesting 

you made it sound like a joke and added what you think is going to happen 

and generally it would have been better had you just said 

"klei i disapprove of the this decision"

5 minutes ago, Smife said:

Klei already know that.

so then what was the reason for your comment?:lol:

anyone could've said that

yeah many people have already said it multiple times actually

but we all know that's not enough :cool:

so what are you gonna do plan an attack on klei's HQ (which they don't have because they work from home)or are you just gonna leave a bad review because that doesn't accomplish much

anyways take care big man

3 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I don't get how people like that guy.

YES SIIIIIIRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!1

well anyways with that out of the way 

some people like him because they're new and don't know how terrible he is

and some are people who have been watching his videos for ages and don't want to say hes a terrible person

and some people are just as toxic as him so they watch his content

Just now, Machine Reaper said:

I don't get why people even care about that guy enough to like or hate him.

YES SIIIIIIIRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived