Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

Can some of you start to be mature and not like angry 5 year olds? 

In what way did this ruin the game? Because Tencent owns +50%?

The fact is nothing could change about the data collection or anything else. 

There are a lot of things that asks for your data. Other games, different software, websites. China's gov is evil. And there are times when goverments in the west were too. 

Like forced sterilisation in Sweden. 

There are tons of ppl in game imdustry that force devs to work overtime yet we support those studios. 

Is CCP worse? Yeah. 

Is boycotting Klei games going to do things better? No. 

Don't leave the games just because Tencent owns Klei. Wait until things actually is worse.

5 hours ago, DST_LSJ said:

The book 1984 which could by and read in Chinese universities have become banned in the United States.

Where did you hear this? did your Chinese media tell you? because if they did then I can prove it is a lie because I actually searched "1984 book" and the first result was this a literal shop to buy and read the book:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1984+the+book&hvadid=78408928218455&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_6dlpb5g71m_e

YOUR media is lying to YOU TOO! its not any less corrupt then ours and not admitting it would be admitting cognitive dissonance

there see? you claim how we have been lied to and delusional yet you have also been lied and put into a delusion by liars from YOUR media, which means YOU are the one being hypocritical to us for claiming that we are delusional.

and we do not need to listen to what you as a hypocrite says until you follow your own ideas then why should we?

I really wish that people would STOP saying Tencent owns Klei, they may own majority shares.. but those remaining shares have to account for something right? It’s not like Klei was entirely bought out- why is everyone jumping to conclusions & making everything sound so much worse than it actually is right now?

Tencent had dealings with the China version of DST right? And that version of the game still gave away completely free daily log in gifts, spools links, and other stuff we have come to know and love Klei for (such as limited time skins during events) If Tencent was really going to ruin DS/DST they would’ve done it years ago with their very own version of DST-

When you see daily gift log ins, free loyalty skins, and spools, and the Weaving system all being removed from the game in favor of having them be purchased by Microtransactions ONLY THAT is When you can Say Tencent ruined the game...

But until then- For godsake have a little faith in Klei, it gets depressing reading all the negative comments about what easily has risen to be my favorite game franchise & company- AND I have to sit & be scared and completely uncertain of that company’s future..?

Hell that’s just the game/gameplay- but NOW I have to wonder if the Lanyard I bought to wear around my neck to promote the lesser known indie studio & game wouldn’t be seen as me promoting the CCP.

Its a very screwed up situation... and one I hope that gets cleared up soon.

"Klei retains full autonomy of creative and operations across all aspects of the studio"

I love this part of the official statement, great PR.

While Klei maintains control of those aspects, Tencent has majority control of who sits on Klei's Board of Directors who set those policies.

Even if there are caveats, clauses and golden handshakes in the contractual negotiations, there's no way a mega corporation who buys a controlling interest in a small company would give up the rights that having a controlling interest brings.

So in effect, while this statement is true, in practice it's almost completely irrelevant if Tencent wants it to be.

Edit - I'm not saying Tencent will change things, just that they can.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly man, since the beginning of this thread you've been the only one fiercely defending Klei's actions. Feels like paid talk, cause why else would one whiteknight for Klei with such denial. The decision is obviously for the worse and everyone knows that. People are arguing for a reason, because they care, cmon bruh

Short summary for those who don't want to read through the first 37 pages:

• Tencent bought many shares in Klei
  • Some people don't like the Chinese government
  • Other people don't like the U.S. government
  • Only the future will tell how said shareholding affects the way Klei develops games

1 minute ago, Captain_Rage said:

Short summary for those who don't want to read through the first 37 pages:

• Tencent bought many shares in Klei
  • Some people don't like the Chinese government
  • Other people don't like the U.S. government
  • Only the future will tell how said shareholding affects the way Klei develops games

000.png.44b0a7e800f0ed44704c2e63f694f743.png

I think you might need to amend that statement cause in the wiki it says "Majority Ownership"
while as a Major share is right above showing the difference between owning shares and owning a company.

and they did ALL of this just to reach the Chinese market.

seriously are your games that bad that you need to sell the entire company to another organization just to get it into another market?

or maybe guys like us are not paying you enough to keep you owning your own stuff and working on it?

54 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

but those remaining shares have to account for something right? 

short answer no, if tencent makes an order, and the order is legal, klei must follow it to the best of their ability. the remaining shares can discuss with tencent, but tencent doesn't need to care, as long as they are complying with laws

23 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

short answer no, if tencent makes an order, and the order is legal, klei must follow it to the best of their ability. the remaining shares can discuss with tencent, but tencent doesn't need to care, as long as they are complying with laws

the remaining share holders are just along for the ride.

as long as the company makes money and the share holders get benefit, everyone is happy

原本大家只是因为腾讯收购 Klei 而不满,结果一看才知道原来大家的不满还有差异。我们的不满是认为腾讯的游戏基本都是氪金游戏,不希望 Klei 最后变成氪氪氪的游戏。而外国的网友不满的是我们的政府。

这个世界最有趣的就是人们即便没有去过一个地方,也会因为环境而充满偏见。相互指责对方被媒体蒙蔽了双眼,似乎自己才是真理的一方。我在美帝呆过,享受过便宜的物价,也见过不咋地的治安。它即不比公知说的好,有没粉红说的差。

西方媒体造谣的人权问题并不存在,对一个国家并没有亲身到访就不要假装自己是一个“理中客”说什么我对你没意见、我反对的是你们的政党之类的话。把偏见烂到肚子里,这里没人需要你拯救。

回到这个话题,腾讯总是喜欢和一些 IP 联名搞游戏。最近玩的《疯狂动物城》垃圾到死,不氪金完全体验为负。而后看到《饥荒·新家园》的谍照也非常山寨,按照腾讯的尿性我是有八九可以推测出是个什么玩意儿。当时还庆幸至少 Klei 没有参与制作它。所以当听说这笔收购时,非常让人失望。我觉得 Klei 作为一个很仙的独立游戏公司,应该走更独立的道路。但是木已成舟,除了继续做我的 mod 我还能说啥呢?

1 minute ago, zombieJ said:
  • 原本大家只是因为腾讯收购 Klei 而不满,结果一看才知道原来大家的不满还有差异。我们的不满是认为腾讯的游戏基本都是氪金游戏,不希望 Klei 最后变成氪氪氪的游戏。而外国的网友不满的是我们的政府。
  • 这个世界最有趣的就是人们即便没有去过一个地方,也会因为环境而充满偏见。相互指责对方被媒体蒙蔽了双眼,似乎自己才是真理的一方。我在美帝呆过,享受过便宜的物价,也见过不咋地的治安。它即不比公知说的好,有没粉红说的差。
  • 西方媒体造谣的人权问题并不存在,对一个国家并没有亲身到访就不要假装自己是一个“理中客”说什么我对你没意见、我反对的是你们的政党之类的话。把偏见烂到肚子里,这里没人需要你拯救。
  • 回到这个话题,腾讯总是喜欢和一些 IP 联名搞游戏。最近玩的《疯狂动物城》垃圾到死,不氪金完全体验为负。而后看到《饥荒·新家园》的谍照也非常山寨,按照腾讯的尿性我是有八九可以推测出是个什么玩意儿。当时还庆幸至少 Klei 没有参与制作它。所以当听说这笔收购时,非常让人失望。我觉得 Klei 作为一个很仙的独立游戏公司,应该走更独立的道路。但是木已成舟,除了继续做我的 mod 我还能说啥呢?

Originally, everyone was dissatisfied only because of Tencent's acquisition of Klei, but when I saw it, I realized that there were differences in dissatisfaction. Our dissatisfaction is that Tencent’s games are basically krypton gold games, and we don’t want Klei to eventually become krypton krypton games. The foreign netizens are dissatisfied with our government.

The most interesting thing in this world is that even if people have never been to a place, they are full of prejudice because of the environment. Accusing each other of being blinded by the media, it seems that they are the truth. I have stayed in the U.S. Empire and enjoyed cheap prices, and I have also seen poor public security. It is not better than what is known, and there is no worse than pink.

There is no human rights issue spread by Western media. Don’t pretend to be a "policeman" without visiting a country in person, saying that I have no objection to you and what I oppose is your political party. Put prejudice into your stomach, no one here needs your rescue.

Back to this topic, Tencent always likes to play games jointly with some IP. Recently played "Crazy Animal City" is trash to death, and it is completely negative if it is not gold. Then I saw the spy photos of "Famine: New Home" are also very copycats. According to Tencent's urine sex, I can guess what it is. At the time, I was glad that at least Klei did not participate in making it. So when I heard about this acquisition, it was very disappointing. I think Klei, as a very immortal independent game company, should take a more independent path. But it's done, what can I say besides continuing to make my mod?

https://www.polygon.com/features/2013/5/29/4362838/the-birth-and-re-birth-of-klei

The article is 8 year old and totally worth the lengthy read. It doesn't take a genius to realize that Klei's success story has been unlikely, filled with hard work and emotion and that the staff could use a financial safety net plus additional resources.

5 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Where did you hear this? did your Chinese media tell you? because if they did then I can prove it is a lie because I actually searched "1984 book" and the first result was this a literal shop to buy and read the book:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1984+the+book&hvadid=78408928218455&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_6dlpb5g71m_e

YOUR media is lying to YOU TOO! its not any less corrupt then ours and not admitting it would be admitting cognitive dissonance

there see? you claim how we have been lied to and delusional yet you have also been lied and put into a delusion by liars from YOUR media, which means YOU are the one being hypocritical to us for claiming that we are delusional.

and we do not need to listen to what you as a hypocrite says until you follow your own ideas then why should we?

Great. It is good news that we still can buy this book on the amazon.

I have seen a tweet about the US election and 1984 was marked as controversial. Then the tweet was deleted soon. I could not find any information about this tweet anymore. I mention this because it happened recently. I expect the account of the 45th U.S. President could be unblocked soon. The plot in this novel has already happened in the real world.

Because I could not provide evidence to prove that I have seen this tweet. Now I should admit that this book is not banned in U.S. Let me edit and correct my words now before it's too late.

6 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

Don't leave the games just because Tencent owns Klei. Wait until things actually is worse.

I've been burned enough that I've adopted a guilty-until-proven-innocent policy for things like this. I won't stick with the games in hopes that things will turn out alright. I'll wait until it's clear that things didn't get worse. Then I might come back.

3 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

I've been burned enough that I've adopted a guilty-until-proven-innocent policy for things like this. I won't stick with the games in hopes that things will turn out alright. I'll wait until it's clear that things didn't get worse. Then I might come back.

first there needs to be something to come back for in the first place.

I've been waiting for a HAM update for 2 years and there is still nothing expect funsies

1 hour ago, BaloneyOs said:

给你几个很有用的词。最好懂事以后再张嘴。

噗,你不是说每个人都有权发表自己的观点吗。结果一和你的想法不对付就叫别人别张嘴。理中客?

给你一个很有用的词:表里如一

Archived