Where was Wortox ?

From the last cinematic, the one about the update on "reap what you sow". I was not able to see Wortox. Any thoughts on where he was ? 

Don't get me wrong fellas. Is not a complain :D

I'm just wondering about him. Did anyone else notice that ?

5 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

From the last cinematic, the one about the update on "reap what you sow". I was not able to see Wortox. Any thoughts on where he was ? 

Don't get me wrong fellas. Is not a complain :D

I'm just wondering about him. Did anyone else notice that ?

probably he was hunting butterflies

Pretty sure it was agreed upon by Klei that the paid DLC characters would all be constant born monsters that were not relevant to the games lore.

That could have been changed.. of course, but that was the last I remember hearing.

Wormwood is the Exception to this rule because he was already part of DS Single Player in the Hamlet expansion.

Walter also gets in by not being a constant born monster and also being free.

Wortox & Wurt however are those aforementioned constant born monsters not relevant to the games story/lore.

But like I said: Klei could’ve changed that decision at any point.

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wormwood is the Exception to this rule because he was already part of DS Single Player in the Hamlet expansion.

Wormwood hasn't been included in any shorts other than his character short and the reap what you sow short so i think the thought at Klei was just that wormwood needs to be in the trailer for the update that revolves around plants so much and gives him a partial rework, even if he isn't "canon"

Until the short, I wasn't even sure if the survivors hung out with Wormwood until now. They are the "lonesome", after all.

Wortox probably does keep in contact with them, I can imagine he's often gone pulling pranks in other dimensions or something.

Wurt... Probably just hangs out with the merms, I'm not sure the survivors even know of her existence. 

Maxwell was probably trying to make shadow farmers and coming up with excuses as to why he he's above manual labour. 

Wortox was probably pranking the pigs.

Wurt was probably at the swamp feeding the king with vegetables.

Maxwell was secretly trying to teach his shadow puppets how to till out of sight of the others, so they don't make fun of him for not knowing how to do it.

1 minute ago, W0l0l0 said:

Until the short, I wasn't even sure if the survivors hung out with Wormwood until now. They are the "lonesome", after all.

Wortox probably does keep in contact with them, I can imagine he's often gone pulling pranks in other dimensions or something.

Wurt... Probably just hangs out with the merms, I'm not sure the survivors even know of her existence. 

Maxwell was probably trying to make shadow farmers and coming up with excuses as to why he he's above manual labour. 

EDIT: OMG we posted almost the same thing at the same time.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Pretty sure it was agreed upon by Klei that the paid DLC characters would all be constant born monsters that were not relevant to the games lore.

That could have been changed.. of course, but that was the last I remember hearing.

Walter also gets in by not being a constant born monster and also being free.

Wortox & Wurt however are those aforementioned constant born monsters not relevant to the games story/lore.

But like I said: Klei could’ve changed that decision at any point.

Technically Walter was originally a paid dlc character he was changed to free before launch.

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

where are you getting that from

Unless I'm remembering wrong kiel had on the original post when it said he was coming next week there was a price listed then a unpleasant event happened irl and Walter was changed to be free. Tho this all happened before he launched.

the fact that wortox, wurt and maxwell didn't appear in the short is because putting them would just make the short bad in the klei's eyes, can we aprecciate the fact that klei was kind enough to put most of the characters in the short? thx

On 12/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Source?
None.

The characters ARE canon, they just don't do much in the story, just like wes.

Archived