[Game Update] - 443923

• Developer

Reap what you Sow Beta Hotfix

Changes

• Added a summary card that will appear when you have fully researched a plant providing a cheat sheet for the relevant values.
  • The Lazy Forager will no longer target the item you are currently picking up.
  • Tweaked the colours of the nutrients overlay for colour blindness.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug causing birds to count seeds in the players inventory when determining if it should drop a seed or not (this made seeds rarer than they should have been).
  • Fixed the menu banner not displaying properly.
  • Fixed the Super Growth Formula having infinite uses.
  • Fixed Misery Toadstool not dropping his figure sketch.
  • Fixed a crash when the Friendly Fruit Fly gets hit.
  • Fixed an inventory desync that sometimes occurs when stack moving items from a container into your inventory.
  • Fixed Winter’s Feast Trees getting grown by Applied Horticulture instead of Applied Silviculture.
  • All the changes from Update 443927.

View full update

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7
  • Big Ups 1

10 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Reap what you Sow Beta Hotfix

Changes

• The Lazy Forager will no longer target the item you are currently picking up.

I first misread it as "The Lazy Forager is now refuelable." Heh...

Anyway the new summary cards looks really convenient, Thank you for the all improvements and bug fixes!

image.thumb.png.9a6564f3f9d627733fa5484acd37ce3b.png

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Like 10
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 3
  • Potato Cup 1

10 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

• Added a summary card that will appear when you have fully researched a plant providing a cheat sheet for the relevant values.
  • Tweaked the colours of the nutrients overlay for colour blindness.

Colors:

image.png.206af44b0dc322276338668597ac8ca6.png

Cards:

Spoiler

image.png.ca9d091273c2e3a07a7756dbe4d007cc.png

Eggplant not fully researched, garlic fully researched.

Can hover over the nutrient icons here as well to see what each means.

_Does not work for the other hoverables._  Bug?  Probably.

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

17 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Added a summary card that will appear when you have fully researched a plant providing a cheat sheet for the relevant values.

This is neat, but I wish I could have my plant registry show the plants instead of the summary. Would it possible to have it remember which page a player had it on last time they used their registry?

Screenshot, if anyone's interested:

image.thumb.png.88cda413d364386f497f16e840015313.png

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 2

12 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

All the changes from update 443927 are also in this update.

image.thumb.png.69bbe7c672853abe1b179d048e5b26b9.png

I literally just got this from a chest right now. Are the rewards for each chest determined as soon as they're obtained? That'd explain it since I got this chest before this update.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

would sure be nice if it was refuelable would probably use it a lot more guess the main use is for the cave holes which can provide some nice loot but I would use it much more if it was refuelable to pick up materials in mass 

6 minutes ago, DerpyButDeadly said:

would sure be nice if it was refuelable would probably use it a lot more guess the main use is for the cave holes which can provide some nice loot but I would use it much more if it was refuelable to pick up materials in mass 

I also use it for gathering stuff like salt crystals in the ocean. It's a bit of a niche use. When I can host myself, though, I use a mod that makes it refuelable and that honestly makes it SUCH a wonderful item for saving time on picking up large amounts of items. Especially the buff from this update.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Added a summary card that will appear when you have fully researched a plant providing a cheat sheet for the relevant values.

Is it possible to have the location of the water and seasons swapped?

I think it'll make for easier when trying to pair up combos since seasons and nutrient values are what'd you namely look at when doing so rather than water.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:40 PM, HeatAndRun said:

This is a must have. The current mechanic is not worth.

Edited by Mooka
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mooka said:

This is a must have. The current mechanic is not worth.

What other thing can you do with the amount of orange gems we receive?

Instead of crafting 1 make various bundles to use arround the years 

I dont see that something important, if they add it they should, aswell, add more crafteables for orange gems

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Oh, wow, I kinda forgot the Lazy Forager got a buff, but I tried it out and it seems much faster now, if you are picking up items at the same time.

If only it were refuelable as well, like so many others have suggested before me, it would be such a great tool.

Especially late game when you need to collect all those 800 logs and 400 pinecones left behind by a rampaging Bearger...

• Big Ups 1

14 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

What other thing can you do with the amount of orange gems we receive?

Instead of crafting 1 make various bundles to use arround the years 

I dont see that something important, if they add it they should, aswell, add more crafteables for orange gems

I don't think Orange gems have limited uses at all. Sure I'd welcome more crafting recipes for it but I'd do so for any gem, and Orange is one of the better ones as it has staff, amulet and moonlens structure, latter two being very useful. I hope that Red, Green and Yellow gems will also receive a moonlens structure some day; I can imagine Green gem socketed moonlens making a highly coveted recycle/repurpose bin for excess items.

As for the poor forager, it has to compete with Lazy Explorer and Lazy Deserter, both highly demanded and useful items. I'd only consider making a forager if the cave holes are still holding items and there's enough orange gems for an explorer and a few deserters. Explorer has practical and boss fight uses while Deserter is essentially a permanent update to the traveling in your world. Refuelable forager would make it worth using and carrying for me.

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 1