[Game Update] - 442408

• Developer

So the main news of the day is that the Cloud Saves preview has gone live! But there's an update to the DLC alpha as well:

Thursday morning hot hot hot hotfix: 442408

• Fix for crash when deconstructing a rocket habitat module with active chores inside

Hot hot hotfix: 442269

• Fixed a loading crash when a duplicant was inside the Teleporter Transmitter when saved.
  • Fixed issue preventing configuration of priorities on buildings

Original update: 442196

• Performance: Update pinned resources less frequently
  • Fix some worldgen failures caused by misconfigured oil biomes.
  • Rebalance of new food Care Packages
  • Prevent the Warp Conduit POIs from spawning too close to the oil biome
  • Prevent boon POIs from spawning in the chasm on the rocket world
  • Performance: Deodourizers were flickering active/inactive way too often, tweaked the way they consume vs. process polluted oxygen to improve stability.
  • Fixed broken hotkeys in the overlay tooltips
  • Cargo landers (Trailblazer, Scout) now have a landing animation.
  • Performance: Improved an expensive check related to Yellow Alert
  • Slight rebalance to Grubfruit berries and Preserved berries recipe
  • Fix crash caused by disabling the Solid Dispenser connected to the Warp Conduit Receiver
  • Fix overlapping build menu icons
  • Cloud saves enabled for the Spaced Out alpha
  • Plug Slugs now output variable power depending on their hunger levels
  • Fix another crash if a door is selected when construction completes
  • Fix steam turbines deleting some of their input
  • Duplicants who are sent via Trailblazer module have their rocket assignment cleared
  • Duplicants travelling between worlds have their building assignments properly cleared
  • Fix crash from trying to unlock a codex entry that doesn't exist
  • Note for Linux players: The crashing on Linux was being caused by a mismatch between the base game and the DLC which should now be resolved with the Cloud Saves patch. Let us know if it works for you!
  • Note for Mac users who were on the preview branch: Some people have reported issues switching back to the "default" branch of the game, where MacOS says "The application OxygenNotIncluded.app can't be opened." If this happens, you'll have to uninstall and re-install the game through Steam. If that doesn't fix it, please try the fix in this bug report.

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Plug Slugs now output variable power depending on their hunger levels

Yeah, the output for 0 effort was too much...

But please consider to make a breed that eat a renewable source, refined metals for example

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

27 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

• Duplicants travelling between worlds have their building assignments properly cleared

This fix doesn't seem to work. I just teleported rowan back from her assignment on the 2nd colony ( where she had build herself a bed and slept in it too ), and now she's sleeping on the floor the toilet.

Latest patch is giving me the crashes:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Prioritizable.OnCleanUp () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Prioritizable.cs:174)
KMonoBehaviour.OnDestroy () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:230)

• Like 1

• Developer
3 minutes ago, nessumo said:

@Ipsquiggle, I am unable to run game on OSX after this patch: 

I've added a comment to the patch notes, but we've noticed that sometimes MacOS users have problems when switching off of a Steam branch, which is happening more often for some reason this time.

The solution is to uninstall and reinstall the game from Steam.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, blash365 said:

@Ipsquiggle: Is it intended that we can no longer prioritize doors in this patch? I cant find it in the patch notes, but it might be a design decision.

D654F2458B9A710FF2830CA88876103358664C1C

Actually i dont have any priorities at all anymore.

15 minutes ago, fatheroctopus said:

There are some known issues on this build where buildings that are normally prioritizable aren't anymore. A hotfix will be coming shortly

I think you got ninja'd by Father Octopus!

Sounds like a hotfix is incoming.

Edited by Red Shark
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

Prioritizable.OnCleanUp () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Prioritizable.cs:174)
KMonoBehaviour.OnDestroy () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:230)

Same for me. Crash about 20 sec - 1 min after unpause.repeated multiple times. There is a bug report there if you have a similar issue.

Since the update there seems to be a reluctance amongst my dupes to use the outhouses, despite them being available (and surprisingly clean).  It's not that the outhouses are not being used, it's just that there have been a surprising number of "accidents".  Is it just my colony?

2 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

It's making the same here. I think it's related to some building of automation. I got this same issue when building pipes automation.

• Developer
3 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

Fix is in the works for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1