GoH Steam Market prices are getting out of control ($2000 Wilson?!)

5 hours ago, Pikapikap said:

Does any friend know the reason why GOH skin no longer falls off?

Someone made a post asking the same, and someone replied that GoH and Survivor no longer drops because they were taken out of the drop table when A New Reign came out or something like that

There is a saying in my country: "schmuck isn't one that asks, is the one that gives" - while it's a clear-case of Steam Market greed, is still a free market mechanic of supply, demand and actual trading. Supply is atm prohibitive, with only 2 apparent sources; and they set a monopoly at an all-times high selling sum. Happens. The only thing potential/willing buyers can do is.. not give in - even if they theoretically would have the money to gratify their compulsion. I see nothing wrong aside users fault (being greedy or gullible, depending on which side of the fence one finds themselves). Also future Wilson's Re-work will correct his rare skins accessibility in bulk player-base to a certain degree. Thus: "Patience lil padawan, have patience you must. Yes, hrrmmm!"

10 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

Someone made a post asking the same, and someone replied that GoH and Survivor no longer drops because they were taken out of the drop table when A New Reign came out or something like that

I've heard that rumour before too, but I don't know if it's true. I've never seen any proof of it; the fact that nobody's received one as a drop since A New Reign is not proof that they were completely removed from the drop table on purpose, because they could have been set to a very very small but non-zero chance of dropping, or an ANR update involving the skin system could have introduced a bug that prevents them from dropping. As far as I know, Klei's never released the drop chances more specifically than by rarity level, so we would need to hear from a dev to confirm or deny that explanation. 

It's not $2,000, it's just nobody is selling them right now. Every item on the marketplace has people trying to sell them for a ridiculous price, probably as a joke. It's just that the Wilson head is an item that's listed rarely enough where all the genuine listings are gone and leaving only that fake listing that no one will ever purchase.

If you go to any non-identical listing so you can see individual items you'll always see the same thing. Here's a hat worth less than a dollar being listed for $83

image.thumb.png.19237c55539dbb7072280625d299d242.png

a 17 cent gun listed for 2 grand

image.thumb.png.80ec1fab1698c4eb8209d4f081a5ff50.png

a 30 cent gun listed for $257

image.thumb.png.944e9e379256c14057e43ab58db08cfb.png

I don't think your "Someone is buying them all to sell them at a higher price" theory is right, either, since none are being sold at a higher price. There's just none available for purchase right now.

18 hours ago, Pikapikap said:

Someone deliberately speculates prices. What makes me funny is that there are a few skin merchants I know who have lost a lot of money because of the Halloween horror cauldron weaving.

I just noticed this today. I think it's a pretty gross move on Klei's part but anyone with any sense should have sold all their Halloween skins weeks ago in preparation for the new round of drops crashing the prices.

If something's not for sale, then its not for sale.  No one is going to spend that much on the skin, its probably just someone who owns 2 of them showing off b/c they can set whatever price they want.  Just consider there are 0 for sale and move on.  Sucks, but limited items are like this.

Archived